of September 25, 2010 No. 134-IV
About conscription and military service
The citizen of Turkmenistan according to the Constitution of Turkmenistan shall protect the Fatherland - Turkmenistan, its sovereignty, independence, territorial integrity, the constitutional system.
This Law performs legal regulation in the field of conscription and military service for the purpose of execution by citizens of Turkmenistan of the constitutional debt and obligation on protection of the Fatherland.
1. Armed forces of Turkmenistan consist of bodies of military management, bodies, connections, military bodies and the companies and military educational institutions.
2. Other troops - border troops of the State Border Service of Turkmenistan, internal troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Turkmenistan, and also the special military forming created according to the legislation of Turkmenistan.
3. Military bodies - the Presidential Security Service of Turkmenistan, bodies of the Ministry of homeland security of Turkmenistan, the Public migratory service of Turkmenistan, the State Customs Service of Turkmenistan.
The main terms containing in this Law mean:
1) the military personnel serving according to the obligation - the citizens of Turkmenistan who voluntarily enlisted in Armed Forces of Turkmenistan, other troops and military bodies;
2) military service according to the obligation - special type of public service which citizens pass on voluntary basis in Armed Forces of Turkmenistan, other troops and military bodies according to the procedure, determined by this Law;
3) basic military training - obligatory subject on fundamentals of military science and safety of life activity of society and the person;
4) the military personnel at the call of - the citizens of Turkmenistan who are called up for military service (and also to officers positions) at the call of for certain term;
5) recruiting station - the place for performing medical examination in case of registration in draft department and in case of conscription, and also the venue of military patriotic actions;
6) military service - military service of males which they pass according to the procedure determined by this Law at the call of in Armed Forces of Turkmenistan, other troops and military bodies;
7) citizens recruits - the males registered in draft departments of military commissariats of etraps, cities with the rights of the etrap and who are subject to passing of military service in Armed Forces of Turkmenistan, other troops and military bodies;
8) delay of appeal - transferring of conscription of the citizen for other time on the bases provided by this Law;
9) listeners are military personnel of officers, students in the highest military educational institutions, on professional development course (retraining) of officers;
10) stay in inventory - execution by persons liable for call-up of the obligations connected with service during stay on military accounting and stay on military charges;
11) organizational and structural actions - the actions performed in Armed Forces of Turkmenistan, other troops and military bodies for creation, liquidation, re-deployment, transformation, subordination change, expansion and reducing number of divisions;
12) army doctrines - acquisition and enhancement of practical skills, deepening and fixing of knowledge gained according to the program of training of officers;
13) the military personnel is the citizens of Turkmenistan passing military service in Armed Forces of Turkmenistan, other troops and military bodies;
14) persons liable for call-up are the citizens of Turkmenistan who are in inventory before age achievement of limit of stay on military accounting;
15) military rank - the rank with distinction signs given to the serviceman and the person liable for call-up;
16) conscription - the constitutional obligation of citizens of Turkmenistan on protection of the Fatherland - Turkmenistan, its sovereignty, independence, territorial integrity, the constitutional system;
17) military uniform - the dress code equipped with shoulder straps and other signs of distinction, established by the legislation of Turkmenistan and determining belonging of the military personnel to Armed Forces, other troops and military bodies;
18) military position - official unit of the staff of Armed Forces of Turkmenistan, other troops and military bodies to which according to military rank the job responsibilities and powers established by the legislation of Turkmenistan are assigned;
19) military charges - the events held in Armed Forces of Turkmenistan, other troops and military bodies by means of charges of the military personnel, persons liable for call-up in bodies for the purpose of enhancement of their knowledge, and also increase in level of combat, mobilization, military training;
20) military accounting - system of accounting and the analysis of fund of appeal and mobilization of the military personnel;
21) stocked persons liable for call-up - the persons liable for call-up staying on the military registry in military commissariats of etraps, cities with the etrap rights, used for the purpose of replenishment, expansion and completion of losses of Armed Forces of Turkmenistan, other troops and military bodies and their application in wartime;
22) the obligation on passing of military service in voluntary procedure - the legal document (contract) providing passing of obligatory military service, determining the rights and obligations of the Parties and protecting their interests;
23) military cadets are the military personnel from the list of ordinary (sailors), sergeants (foremen) studying in educational forming (centers), average or highest military educational institutions;
24) military service - special type of public service of the military personnel in Armed Forces of Turkmenistan, other troops and military bodies;
25) military-training charges - type of the military charges which are carried out for the purpose of preparation and retraining of persons liable for call-up;
26) ordinary (sailors) there is military personnel to whom the military rank of ordinary (sailor's) structure is given;
27) mobilization - complex of the nation-wide actions connected with transfer of the state organizations, companies, organizations, Armed Forces, other troops and military divisions, the populations, the territories and economies of Turkmenistan (general mobilization) or their any part (partial mobilization) on warlike situation;
28) resignation - dismissal of the military personnel from military service or removal from accounting on reaching age limit of stay in inventory of persons liable for call-up, and also persons recognized unusable to military service with removal from military accounting;
29) officers are the military personnel to whom the corresponding military rank of officers is given;
30) sergeants (foremen) are the military personnel to whom the military rank of sergeant (foreman) structure is given;
31) the assembly point - specially equipped place for performing medical examination of citizens recruits, delivery of health care, holding military patriotic actions, forming of groups of citizens recruits and sending them in Armed Forces of Turkmenistan, other troops and military bodies.
1. The conscription of citizens of Turkmenistan (further - citizens) provides:
1) military accounting;
2) preparation for military service;
3) revenues to military service;
4) passing of military service;
5) stay in inventory;
6) appeal on military charges and passing of military charges during stay in inventory;
7) military exercises during mobilization.
2. During mobilization, warlike situation and in wartime the conscription of citizens is determined by the laws and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan and provides the following:
1) conscription on mobilization, in the period of warlike situation and in wartime;
2) passing of military service during mobilization, in the period of warlike situation and in wartime;
3) military exercises in the period of warlike situation and in wartime.
3. Citizens are exempted from execution of conscription only on the bases provided by this Law.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.