of February 25, 1998 No. 553-XIII
About obligatory civil liability insurance of carriers before passengers
The parliament adopts this law.
(1) This law governs the relations in insurance field of the civil responsibility between insurance companies (insurers), carriers of passengers means of air, road, rail and river transport (insurers) and passengers.
(2) Object of insurance is the civil responsibility of carriers for the damage caused to life, health and property of passengers.
(3) Operation of this law does not extend to insurance field of the civil responsibility of owners of vehicles for the damage caused to the third parties and their property as a result of the road accidents.
Insurer is the legal entity irrespective of type of property and form of business or the physical person which is performing based on the license obtained in accordance with the established procedure organized public conveyances on air, road, rail and river transport and signed the agreement of obligatory civil liability insurance before passengers.
(1) Obligatory civil liability insurance of carriers is applied in case of organized public conveyances by air, road, railway and river transport.
(2) Obligatory civil liability insurance of carriers before passengers does not extend to the carriers performing public conveyance:
a) intracity automobile (including taxi) and electric transport;
b) suburban automobile, ferry, and also river transport on walking and excursion lines.
The insured event is event with which approach the legislation and the insurance contract connect payment of insurance indemnity.
(1) Carriers shall sign annually with insurers agreements of obligatory civil liability insurance of carriers before passengers.
(2) the Insurance contract is signed before receipt of the license for the right of implementation of transportations.
(3) Separate features of insurance on air transport, and also in the international road transport shall be reflected in the insurance contract and shall correspond to provisions of international agreements, one of the parties of which is the Republic of Moldova.
(4) the Insurance contract covers the civil responsibility of carriers before passengers who conform to requirements of part (2) Article 11.
(1) the Premium (insurance premium) is determined at the rate to 1 percent of the sum of annual amount of public conveyance.
(2) the Procedure and terms of introduction of premiums (insurance premiums) are established by the insurance contract.
(1) in case of causing bodily harms or the death of the passenger as a result of transport accident the insurance indemnity is paid in the amount of the valid damage supported by competent authorities and the documents on the expenses incurred by the victim or his representatives and the equivalent 10 000 US dollars (on dennastupleniye of insured event are limited to the amount), irrespective of vehicle type.
(2) for the damage caused by bodily harms or the death of the victim join In insurance indemnity:
a) the lost earnings for the period temporary disability, but no more amount, equivalent to 20 US dollars for each day of disability;
b) expenses on treatment, acquisition of necessary drugs, prosthetics and the foreign leaving confirmed with the conclusion of medical institution and also transportation expenses of the victim and, in case of need, one attendant;
c) in case of disability in addition to the payments provided by Items
a) and b), - the lost earnings for the entire period of establishment of disability calculated by the technique applied in social welfare institutions;
d) expenses on burial on quotations of bodies of municipal services (funeral accessories, services of cemeteries and transport), except for the expenses connected with local ceremonies and traditions;
e) part of earnings which in case of the death of the victim the disabled persons which were consisting in its dependence or having the right to content from it lost.
(2-1) in case of bodily harms or the death of the victim the insurer pays insurance indemnity according to part (1) with the right of presentation of the recourse action to the insurer of the civil responsibility for the damage caused by the vehicle with which person responsible for making of motor transportation incident signed the insurance contract according to provisions of the Law on obligatory civil liability insurance for the damage caused by vehicles.
(3) in case of damage or elimination of property as a result of transport accident the actual value of the damaged or destroyed property (baggage), on condition of its declaring, in the amount equivalent to 20 US dollars for 1 kilogram of weight of baggage, but no more amount, equivalent 1000 US dollars is compensated.
(4) the insurance indemnity joins also the costs incurred by the insurer for investigation of insured event and legal protection of interests of the insurer (passenger).
(1) in case of accident of the vehicle belonging to the carrier which does not have the current agreement of insurance, or the vehicle to which the insurance contract does not extend damages, caused to life, health or property of passengers it is performed by carrier according to the legislation.
(2) at the expense of means of carrier the damages also in case of establishment of the facts are performed:
a) public conveyances over the regulations established in passport data on the vehicle;
b) public conveyances without the travel documents or other documents confirming the journey right;
c) uses technically defective vehicles.
The insurance indemnity, stipulated in Article 8, is paid for the damage caused to passengers since the landing moment in the vehicle in the point of departure and until exit from the vehicle in point of arrival including changes along the line.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.