of April 20, 2010
The government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan which are hereinafter referred to as with the Parties
wishing to strengthen and develop the traditional relations of friendship and cooperation between two countries and the people,
being guided by the principles of preservation of peace, respect of human rights, opennesses, tolerance and dialogue of cultures,
based on provisions of the Contract on strategic partnership between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Uzbekistan of June 16, 2004, the Agreement on the allied relations between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Uzbekistan of November 14, 2005, and also for the purpose of further implementation of the Agreement on cooperation in the field of culture, science and technology, education, health care, information, sport and tourism between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan of March 19, 1993,
adopted the following Program of cooperation in the cultural and humanitarian sphere for 2010-2012.
1. Main objectives and tasks of the Program
This Program is developed for the purpose of ensuring implementation by the Parties of the approved package of measures for development of cooperation in the field of science, culture, education, sport and tourism.
For realization of this purpose of the Party will aim to solve the following problems:
- ensuring further strengthening of the cultural and humanitarian cooperation aimed at the development of scientific and cultural achievements of the states of the Parties;
- assistance to exchange of information and the best practices in the cultural and humanitarian sphere by means of creation of joint on-stage performance groups, holding scientific conferences, cultural actions, sports festivals and meetings;
- every possible assistance to development of direct connections between organizations and the organizations of science, culture, education, sport, tourism, and also between public organizations, the creative unions, associations and funds, to strengthening of personal contacts of representatives of the creative and scientific intellectuals;
- holding the joint actions devoted to significant dates and events in cultural and public life of the people of Russia and Uzbekistan.
2. The directions of cooperation in the cultural and humanitarian sphere
The parties will promote implementation of program actions for the following directions:
- cooperation in the field of culture and cinematography, holding joint festivals, concerts, exhibitions, the direction on mutual basis of creative figures and collectives, masters of the arts of the states of the Parties for participation in the different cultural events held in the territories of the states of the Parties;
- development of sci-tech cooperation, strengthening of ties between academies of Sciences, scientific and research institutions of the states of the Parties, development and implementation of joint scientific projects;
- interaction in the educational sphere, support of direct contacts between educational institutions and the organizations; assistance in training of highly qualified personnel for different industries; exchange of specialists, scientists, graduate students, trainees;
- development and strengthening of bilateral ties in the field of museum and library science;
- interaction in the field of studying of historical and cultural values of the people which are stored in the state meetings, collections and funds, joint operation according to the prevention and suppression of illicit movement of cultural values;
- activation of bonds in the field of sport and tourism;
- strengthening of ties between the partner public organizations, funds and associations of the states of the Parties performing activities in the cultural and humanitarian sphere.
3. Program implementation mechanism
The realization of this Program will be enabled by means of accomplishment by the interested ministries and departments of the states of the Parties of the specific actions determined in the Actions plan by its realization.
The parties, and also the interested ministries and departments of the states of the Parties if necessary can sign the free standing agreements and protocols aimed at execution of specific actions of the Program and which are not part of the Program.
4. Program sales terms
Financial conditions of cooperation within this Program will be based on the following principles.
When implementing exchange of delegations, art collectives, contractors:
- the sending party will pay the international transportation expenses of the delegations, collectives, contractors, transportation of detail for route, customs and airport fees in the territory, the fees to contractors, the health insurance if other is not provided by the corresponding arrangements;
- the host party will pay expenses for accommodation and food, transportation expenses within the country, lease of halls with necessary technical equipment, services auxiliary and technicians, all types of advertizing, translators, customs and airport fees in the territory, the cultural program, urgent medical care if other is not provided by the corresponding arrangements.
Under the organization and holding exhibitions of condition and cross liabilities of the Parties (terms, transportation expenses on transportation of exhibits, journey of accompanying persons, customs and warehouse expenses, insurance, safety and another) will be approved in each case by the interested organizations and to be fixed in special protocols.
Conditions of the organization of professional training and professional development course for citizens of the state of one Party in educational and scientific institutions of other Party will be approved by the interested organizations in each separate case.
The financial questions concerning holding visits of the delegations, individuals and other actions which are not mentioned above will be approved within bilateral consultations directly between the interested organizations of two states taking into account mutual interests of the Parties.
This Program does not exclude possibility of holding other actions according to the Agreement on cooperation in the field of culture, science and technology, education, health care, information, sport and tourism between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan of March 19, 1993.
Additions and changes which are drawn up by separate protocols can be as agreed by the parties made to this Program.
This Program is applied from the date of its signing till December 31, 2012.
This Program is not the international treaty, does not create the rights and obligations regulated by international law.
It is made in the city of Moscow on April 20, 2010 in duplicate, everyone in the Russian and Uzbek languages.
For the Government of the Russian Federation
For the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.