The agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Armenia on cooperation in construction of new power units of nuclear power plant in the territory of the Republic of Armenia
of August 20, 2010
The government of the Russian Federation which is hereinafter referred to as by the Russian Side, and the Government of the Republic of Armenia which is hereinafter referred to as by the Armenian Side referred to as also with the Parties
in view of that the Russian Federation and the Republic of Armenia are members of International Atomic Energy Agency and agreement parties about non-proliferation of nuclear weapon of July 1, 1968, the Vienna convention on the civil responsibility for nuclear damage of May 21, 1963, Conventions on physical protection of nuclear material of October 26, 1979, Conventions on the operational notification on nuclear accident of September 26, 1986, Conventions on Nuclear Safety of June 17, 1994,
for the purpose of increase in efficiency of cooperation in the field of the peaceful use of atomic energy based on the Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Armenia on cooperation in the field of peaceful use of atomic energy of September 25, 2000
agreed as follows:
1. The parties through the authorized organizations perform cooperation in project implementation on construction in the territory of the Republic of Armenia of new power units of nuclear power plant with water-to-water power reactors of the AES-92 project capacity of 1060 MW and with useful life of 60 years (further - the project), the Club of the European operating organizations certified on compliance to requirements (the certificate of April 24, 2007).
2. The cooperation, stipulated in Item 1 this Article, is performed in the following directions:
realization of complex of preproject works for the purpose of receipt of necessary licenses and permissions;
designing of new power units of nuclear power plant;
supply of equipment, systems, mounting, control and other technical means which are established in the building of the reactor building and auxiliary buildings of the reactor building, and also other equipment for new power units of nuclear power plant (including its installation);
construction of new power units of the nuclear power plant and infrastructure necessary for project implementation;
commissioning and commissioning of new power units of nuclear power plant;
technical assistance in the organization of physical protection of new power units of nuclear power plant;
supply of fresh nuclear fuel of the Russian production for new power units of nuclear power plant for all term of their operation;
rendering technical assistance in operation of new power units of nuclear power plant;
rendering technical assistance to the regulating authority of the Republic of Armenia exercising control (supervision) in the field of nuclear safety;
treatment of spent nuclear fuel and radioactive waste;
conclusion from operation of power units of nuclear power plant.
3. The directions of cooperation, stipulated in Item 2 these Articles, are not exhaustive, the amount and other directions of cooperation of the Party determine in implementation process of the project.
4. Realization of the specific directions of cooperation, stipulated in Item 2 these Articles, is performed based on contracts and agreements signed between authorized organizations of the Parties (further - contracts).
Contracts are constituted according to the conditions of delivery contracts determined by the International federation of consulting engineers, works and services in fixed prices, and also with other conditions approved by authorized organizations of the Parties.
5. The cooperation within this agreement is performed according to the legislation of the states of the Parties, and also based on international treaties which participants are the Russian Federation and the Republic of Armenia, taking into account the conventional international principles and recommendations about nuclear and radiation safety and environmental protection.
1. For the purpose of implementation of this agreement of the Party appoint the following competent authorities:
from the Russian Side - State Atomic Energy Corporation "Rosatom";
from the Armenian Side - the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources of the Republic of Armenia.
2. For implementation of coordination of activities and control within this agreement competent authorities of the Parties create joint coordinating committee.
The structure and procedure for the organization of activities of coordinating committee are determined by competent authorities of the Parties. The common directorship of activities of coordinating committee is performed by the cochairmen appointed by competent authorities of the Parties and having equal powers.
3. For the purpose of implementation of this agreement each of competent authorities of the Parties appoints authorized organization.
4. Authorized organizations of the Parties have the right to conclude within realization of the cooperation provided by this agreement, contracts to deliver goods, performance of works and rendering services by the Russian, Armenian and foreign organizations.
Terms of commissioning of new power units of nuclear power plant are determined in the contract for project implementation.
1. Customer and the owner of new power units of nuclear power plant, and also the electric power made by them is the Metsamorenergoatom private company, and the prime contractor - Atomstroyexport private company. The choice of producers, structure and configuration of the capital equipment of new power units of nuclear power plant and contractors of installation and construction works is approved with the Armenian Side.
2. The Russian side agrees that the "Uorli Parsonz Yurop Energy Servisiz Ltd." company is participant of project implementation in connection with the agreement N PU-09/22 signed by it of May 29, 2009 with Agency on public procurements of the Republic of Armenia.
3. The parties through the authorized organizations provide forming by Metsamorenergoatom private company of necessary conditions for investment attraction for project implementation.
4. The parties through the authorized organizations provide involvement of new investors for project implementation as due to change of shares in share capital of Metsamorenergoatom private company in the procedure established by the agreement of shareholders, and due to attraction of loan money.
1. For the purpose of implementation of the cooperation provided by this agreement, the Armenian Side are provided:
creating favorable conditions for investment attraction;
timely provision to Metsamorenergoatom private company of data on the platform of construction of new power units of nuclear power plant and results of earlier performed preparatory and preproject works chosen, but requiring confirmation, and also transfer to the specified joint-stock company of this site for construction of new power units of nuclear power plant;
receipt of permissions (licenses) necessary for designing, construction and operation of new power units of nuclear power plant according to the legislation of the Republic of Armenia;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.