of August 12, 2010 No. 623
About approval of the technical regulation about safety of objects of inland water transport
According to the Federal Law "About Technical Regulation" Government of the Russian Federation decides:
1. Approve the enclosed technical regulation about safety of objects of inland water transport (further - the technical regulation).
2. To the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation in coordination with the interested federal executive bodies to submit within 6-month term in accordance with the established procedure in the Government of the Russian Federation the draft of the list of the national standards containing rules and methods of researches (testing) and measurements, including the rules of sampling necessary for application and execution of the technical regulation, and also implementation of assessment of conformity of products to requirements of the technical regulation.
3. Determine that requirements of the technical regulation do not extend to infrastructure facilities of inland water transport and court which projects are approved and which construction contracts are signed before entry into force of the technical regulation, and also on the materials and products for courts made before entry into force of the technical regulation, except for the requirements which are directly provided in the technical regulation for the specified infrastructure facilities of inland water transport, courts, materials and products for courts.
4. Determine that the term of implementation of requirements about inclusion in structure of aids to navigation of self propelled vessels of the equipment of satellite navigation of GLONASS or GLONASS/GPS for courts which operation began before entry into force of the technical regulation is determined by the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation.
4(1). Determine that the requirements provided by the paragraph the second the subitem "v" of Item 108 of the technical regulation on safety of objects of the inland water transport approved by this resolution are not applied to the courts operated in the Lensk basin of inland waterways of the Russian Federation till January 1, 2025.
5. The technical regulation becomes effective after 18 months from the date of official publication of this resolution.
Russian Prime Minister
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of August 12, 2010, No. 623
1. This technical regulation establishes minimum necessary requirements to safety of objects of technical regulation, obligatory for application and execution (further - subjects to regulation) directed to achievement of the purposes provided by this technical regulation, requirements to marking and rules of its drawing, and also the rule of identification of subjects to regulation.
2. Action of this technical regulation extends to subjects to regulation and the regulations connected with requirements to safety of objects design processes (including researches), productions, constructions, operation, storage, transportation and utilization.
3. According to the Federal Law "About Technical Regulation" this technical regulation is applied for the purpose of protection of life and health of citizens, property of physical persons and legal entities, the state-owned or municipal property against danger which source can be activities of inland water transport and the related infrastructure, environmental protections, life and health of animals and plants, the prevention of the actions misleading acquirers of subjects to regulation, and also ensuring energy efficiency.
4. Fulfillment of requirements of this technical regulation shall provide:
a) biological safety of subjects to regulation;
b) explosion safety of subjects to regulation;
c) hydrometeorological safety of subjects to regulation;
d) unity of measurements;
e) mechanical safety of subjects to regulation;
e) flammability control of subjects to regulation;
g) thermal safety of subjects to regulation;
h) chemical safety of subjects to regulation;
i) electric safety of subjects to regulation;
j) electromagnetic compatibility regarding ensuring operation of the devices and the equipment relating to subjects to regulation;
k) ecological safety of subjects to regulation;
l) energy and ecological efficiency of subjects to regulation;
m) other types of safety of the subjects to regulation for the purpose of specified in Item 3 of this technical regulation.
5. Treat subjects to regulation:
a) the objects of inland water transport including:
the vessels which are subject to state registration, except for small size, recreational and sports sailing ships;
ferry crossings and floating bridges on inland waterways;
materials and products for courts;
b) design processes, productions, constructions, mounting, operation and the utilizations connected with objects of inland water transport;
c) the infrastructure facilities of inland water transport including:
the ship courses designated by navigation marks of shipping situation or otherwise;
transshipment facilities, passenger terminals, protective, shore protection hydraulic engineering constructions of ports;
moorings and port berthing facilities;
d) design processes (including researches), constructions, operation, conclusion from operation and the liquidations connected with infrastructure facilities of inland water transport.
6. Requirements of this technical regulation are obligatory for their accomplishment by the physical persons and legal entities performing designing (including researches), construction, operation (including conclusion from operation and repair), liquidation and utilization of subjects to regulation, and the federal executive bodies exercising the state control (supervision) of observance of requirements of this technical regulation.
7. Requirements of other technical regulations in the field of which application there are similar objects are not applied to subjects to regulation to assessment of conformity if this technical regulation does not provide other.
8. The list of the subjects to regulation specified in subitems "an" and "v" of Item 5 of this technical regulation is given in the appendix N 1.
9. The concepts used in this technical regulation mean the following:
"extra ship water preserving means" - the following coastal or floating collection points for the pollution which are formed in courts in use:
vessels collectors of pollution;
specialized moorings for acceptance of drain waters and garbage;
specialized clearing freighters for acceptance and processing of part or all pollution accumulating in courts;
"admissible risk" - the values of risks established by the designer for the subjects to regulation specified in subitems "an" and "v" of Item 5 of these regulations answering to actually reached level which shall be provided during the designing, production, operation and utilization taking into account technical and economic feasibilities of the designer, manufacturer and operator;
"survivability of the vessel (the ship technical tool)" - vessel capability (the ship technical tool) to resist to emergency damages, keeping in possible degree the buoyancy, operational and sea going qualities (operational properties) in the situations menacing to safety of the vessel and to ensure safety being onboard people and safety of load;
"lifecycle of the vessel (the ship technical tool) "set of the interconnected processes of consecutive change of condition of the vessel (the ship technical tool) from forming of initial requirements to it before the end of its operation or application;
"manufacturer" - legal entity or physical person which builds subjects to regulation makes and extends products for them or transfers the diffusion right to other legal entity or physical person, modernizes subjects to regulation, officially applies on subjects to regulation and product for them the trademark or other distinctive designation, thereby assuming liabilities of the manufacturer, or as other distributor exerts impact on safety of subjects to regulation or products for them;
"products for courts" - products with which the vessel is completed and without which the vessel cannot perform the functions intended to it: efficient things, furniture, ship technical means, the equipment for providing required conditions of dwelling of personnel and passengers, protection of life and human health onboard the vessel, repair materials of the vessel and ship technical means;
"classification" - form of the classification of courts of assessment of conformity of objects of inland water transport performed by body to requirements of this technical regulation;
"engine rooms" - rooms and mines conducting in them in which workshops are located or are placed technical means of the ship power station, the equipment;
"engine rooms of category "A" - engine rooms in which are located:
the internal combustion engines used as propulsion units;
the internal combustion engines used for auxiliary needs if their total power constitutes at least 375 kW;
any boiler using liquid fuel, either installation of preparation of liquid fuel, or the equipment using liquid fuel (generators of inert gases, incinerators and other aggregates);
"bulked cargo" - the kuskovy, granular, powdery or powdered load transported unpacked;
"floating bridge" - the bridge on floating support;
"non-destructive testing" - control in case of which characteristics of materials without destruction of products or withdrawal of samples are determined;
"body of classification of courts" - the organization authorized on classification and survey of courts according to article 35 of the Code of inland water transport of the Russian Federation;
"vessel sediment" - the period when the vessel is temporarily taken out of service, including because of closing of navigation on weather conditions;
"ferry crossing" - the section of the waterway with berthing facilities and specialized ferry-vessels plying on it;
"the passenger terminal" - the set of infrastructure facilities of river port intended for servicing of passengers and including stations, moorings necessary for this purpose, devices and devices for landing, disembarkation of passengers and their stay in expectation of the vessel, office and auxiliary buildings and constructions, port overload machines and the equipment for loading, unloading of baggage, bed linen, food and other loads, sidings of adjacent modes of transport;
"passenger ship" - the vessel intended for public conveyance;
"overload works" - complex of the works connected with cargo transfer from one vehicle to another it is direct or through warehouse, intra warehouse cargo transfer;
"transshipment facility" - the set of infrastructure facilities of river port intended for servicing of courts and production of overload works and including moorings, warehouses, office and auxiliary buildings and constructions, port overload machines and the equipment necessary for this purpose;
"personnel of the operator" - the boat team or other personnel providing operation of subjects to regulation;
"port overload machines and the equipment" - the machines of all types used for loading, unloading of courts and (or) overland hauling facilities, cargo transfer in borders of port area, accomplishment of warehouse works, bundling of bulks, loadings and unloadings of containers, removable load gripping devices, container, auxiliary devices and devices;
"berthing facility" - the hydraulic engineering construction having devices for safe approach of courts and intended for the safe parking of courts;
"designer" - the legal entity or the individual entrepreneur developing design documentation on subject to regulation;
"discharge of the water basin" - category of water basins depending on their vetrovolnovy characteristics;
"muster lists" - the main working ship's papers constituted by the operator on the organization and conducting fight for survivability of the vessel describing specific obligations on alarms for each member of ship crew in case of the carriage method of work or each member of crew who are at the same time on the vessel in case of brigade method of work, each person which is not entering into staff, but constantly working at the vessel, each probationer and the head of practice;
"the specialized clearing freighter" - the self or dumb boat intended for acceptance of all or part of the pollution accumulating in courts and subsequent their processing;
"aids to navigation" - the special constructions, designs or devices intended for barrier of the ship courses (navigational hazards) and orientation of boatmasters;
"the builder of the vessel" - the legal entity having the special construction equipment, the equipment and specially prepared personnel which builds modernizes, updates or repairs vessels, officially recognizes the vessel itself responsible for safety constructed, modernized, updated or repaired, if in case of operation restrictions, imposed by the developed project or other documents regulating safe operation of the vessel were not broken;
"ship technical means" - engines, generators, pumps, compressors, boilers, heat-exchanging devices, pressure vessels, filters, fittings of systems, deck machineries, electrical equipment, radio-electronic communicating device and navigation, the commissary trucks of liquefied gas, the equipment of ecological safety and other products of marine engineering, the electrotechnical and radio-electronic industry intended for accomplishment of the certain functions connected with provision of operation of the vessel, management of ship and its equipment;
"technical operation of courts" - complex of the organizational and technical measures which are carried out for maintenance of courts in good repair during all term of their operation;
"technical use of courts" - complex of the works performed by ship crews during execution of log service and ensuring functioning of the vessel to destination with the declared technical operating characteristics;
"maintenance of courts" - complex of transactions or transaction on maintenance of working capacity or operability of the vessel, the ship technical tool, other technical object in case of proper use, expectation, storage and transportation.
"processing line" - set of the overload machines interacting in certain sequence, the industrial equipment and personnel of the operator performing cargo motion according to this or that technological scheme in one flow;
"the technological scheme" - the technology solution of option of transhipment of cargo by one processing line determining structure and operational sequence of this processing line, and also types of overload machines, the industrial equipment and means of enlargement of the cargo pieces used in case of accomplishment of each of technological transactions;
"operator" - the legal entity or physical person performing operation of subjects to regulation and bearing responsibility for accomplishment of the obligations assigned to it according to this technical regulation;
"operating documentation" - set of the documents developed by the designer, the manufacturer or the operator of subjects to regulation for the purpose of ensuring their safe application to destination and their safe utilization;
"operation" - the stage of lifecycle of material subject to regulation including acceptance for operation, its use to destination, determined by the manufacturer (designer), maintenance and repair of subject to regulation without conclusion from operation and its conclusion from operation;
"vessel elements" - such structural parts of the vessel as the case, superstructures, the ship power station, ship devices, objects of supply, means of fire protection, electrical equipment, radio-electronic means, the aid to navigation, automation equipment, the equipment on pollution prevention.
10. Information on technical characteristics, parameters and (or) properties of the subjects to regulation specified in the subitem "an" and paragraphs third - the fifth the subitem "v" of Item 5 of this technical regulation, shall be unambiguously understood and reliable. Such information is provided:
a) on the marking of subject to regulation, product and its basic assembly (structural) units executed by the manufacturer (except the subjects to regulation specified in the subitem "an" of Item 5 of this technical regulation);
b) in accompanying technical documentation of the manufacturer.
11. Technical characteristics of the subjects to regulation specified in Item 10 of this technical regulation and released in the territory of the Russian Federation shall correspond to the declared technical characteristics and indicators given in accompanying technical documentation of the manufacturer.
12. The subjects to regulation specified in Item 10 of this technical regulation shall conform to safety requirements during the entire period of operation on condition of fulfillment of requirements, established in accompanying technical documentation of the manufacturer.
13. On each subject to regulation specified in the paragraph the second the subitem "an" of Item 5 of this technical regulation, by the builder of the vessel it shall be established and the marking plate which shall contain the following information is firmly fixed:
a) name, location and logo of organizatsiistroitel of the vessel;
b) serial (construction) number;
c) year of construction of the vessel;
d) type of vessel and its main parameters;
e) number (designation) of the project;
e) maximum load-carrying capacity or passenger capacity;
g) maximum power of propulsion units (for self propelled vessels);
h) maximum speed of movement (for self propelled vessels).
14. Necessary marking, including signs (pictograms) and warning notices, containing the following data, applicable for the marked subject to regulation, shall be applied on the subjects to regulation specified in paragraphs three and the fourth the subitem "an" of Item 5 of this technical regulation on places, available to review:
a) name of subject to regulation, product;
b) name and address of the manufacturer;
c) designation of series or type;
d) serial number;
e) date of production;
e) the rated consumed or net output or rated current;
g) frequency and direction of the shaft rotation;
h) maximum speed of movement;
i) maximum load-carrying capacity, giving, pressure or other critical regime parameters;
j) rated rating of power supply or voltage range;
k) current sort symbol if nominal frequency is not specified;
l) the degree of protection against hit of firm particles and moisture provided with shelter;
m) mass of product, removable equipment, node or detail;
o) need of use of individual protection equipment;
o) the data relating to adjustment of operating parts and devices of protection;
p) utilization method;
c) places of strapping;
r) information on assessment of conformity;
s) review frequency and (or) testing;
t) other data which can characterize the marked subject to regulation.
15. Information placed directly on the subjects to regulation specified in Item 10 of this technical regulation shall be their service read during fixed term.
16. Marking, signs (pictograms) and warning notices shall be understood unambiguously. Signs (pictograms) are preferable in comparison with warning notices.
17. Warning notices shall be put in Russian.
18. Marking of the subjects to regulation specified in the paragraph the second the subitem "v" of Item 5 of this technical regulation is not required.
19. Requirements to safety of the subjects to regulation specified in paragraphs second and third the subitem "an" of Item 5 of this technical regulation are established depending on discharge of the water basin in which operation of subjects to regulation is supposed. Lists of water basins depending on their discharge are established by the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation. This technical regulation provides such discharges of water basins as "L", "R", "About", by "M", "O-PR", "M-PR" and "M-joint venture". Corresponding to these discharges heights of waves which are extremely allowed for swimming, their repeatability (security) and wind speed are given in the appendix N 2.
Designers and builders of subjects to regulation shall consider also hydrometeorological conditions which can take place in areas of expected operation of subjects to regulation.
20. The subjects to regulation specified in Item 19 of this technical regulation, which are subject to one-time transition (stage) through water basins, significantly different from sailing areas in which for operation they are intended shall undergo extraordinary survey and receive the certificate on one-time transition (stage).
21. The gage devices, testing and control used for the purpose of safety control of objects of inland water transport shall be the approved types, undergo checking, and measurement techniques shall be certified according to the Federal Law "About Ensuring Unity of Measurements".
22. On each vessel there shall be first-aid kit with medicines and instructions, easily available to understanding.
The structure of such first-aid kit is established according to the procedure, determined by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, taking into account number of persons which are on the vessel, and also nature and duration of the performed flights.
23. Biological safety of the subjects to regulation specified in the subitem "an" of Item 5 of this technical regulation shall be provided with the designer, the builder of the vessel and manufacturers of materials and products for courts by accomplishment of applicable requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation in the field of ensuring sanitary and epidemiologic wellbeing of the population and environmental protection.
24. During the designing and production of ship ventilation systems measures for prevention of intake of air from sanitary and household, engine rooms, placements of medical assignment to living and service spaces, and also from one cabin shall be provided in another.
25. During the designing and production of water supply systems, heating and ventilation by the designer and builder of the vessel the system of the measures ensuring safety of crews of vessel and passengers in case of adverse emergency situations shall be developed (the fire, explosion, leakage of toxic compounds, receipt to the environment of dangerous and harmful factors of the biological, chemical or physical nature).
26. During the designing and production of ship water supply systems by the designer and builder of the vessel the system of the measures providing possibility of processing of culinary water for the purpose of ensuring its safety according to requirements of the Federal Law "About Sanitary and Epidemiologic Wellbeing of the Population" shall be developed.
27. During the designing and production of ship systems the system of the measures providing protection against receipt in the environment in use of courts of the organisms unusual for natural ecosystems shall be developed.
28. For the purpose of ensuring explosion safety the manufacturer of ship technical means and (or) the builder of the vessel shall exclude break of exit gases, sparks and flame, contact of hot parts with combustible and explosive substances which can be cause of explosion.
29. To installation to ship rooms in which explosive mixes of vapors, gases and dust with air can be formed the explosion-proof electrical equipment which degree of protection is established according to the appendix N 3 shall intend.
30. Gas pipelines of internal combustion engines and boilers shall be equipped with spark arresters.
31. In the courts intended for transportation of explosive loads, the designer shall provide application in explosive rooms and spaces of electrical equipment of the explosion-proof execution intended for work in explosive mixes of the corresponding categories and groups. Lighting switches and plug sockets shall not be established in these rooms. The design and material of details of the deck machineries established in explosive rooms and spaces shall exclude sparking.
32. Ventilation of holds of the dry cargo vessels intended for transportation of explosive loads shall be designed so that the possibility of penetration of dangerous gases into the neighboring rooms in which people live or work was excluded (living accommodations, wheel house, engine rooms). The device of ventilation systems of the courts making international flights shall meet the requirements of international treaties of the Russian Federation.
33. All metal ropes passing in trials of holds or tanks (cargo tanks) in which explosive substances are transported shall be grounded on the case.
34. On the vessels transporting explosive loads in bulk in addition to the requirements provided by Items 28 - 30 and 32 presents of the technical regulation, the following requirements shall be fulfilled by the designer and the builder of the vessel:
a) the external and double bottom spaces located within loading space and not intended for acceptance of water-ballast and also the cofferdams located between engine-rooms and pump rooms shall be supplied with ventilation systems according to Items 174 - the 178th this technical regulation and international treaties of the Russian Federation;
b) the pumps, compressors and the corresponding handling pipelines intended for work with dangerous goods shall be in limits of cargo area;
c) the possibility of shutdown of pumps and compressors from loading space and, besides, from the place outside loading space shall be provided;
d) the lamps established in cargo area shall be in explosion-proof execution. Portable lighting instruments shall be low-voltage (with the consumed voltage not higher than 12 volts) and in explosion-proof execution;
e) it is forbidden to place ship devices and their elements in explosive zones and rooms, to use the working tool, devices, the equipment, figurative details and connections of pipelines which in case of regular operation can cause sparking;
e) for mooring of the vessels transporting explosive loads in bulk the figurative soft fenders and ropes excluding sparking shall be provided;
g) steel towline and mooring cables are allowed to be used in the places located at distance at least 3 meters from cargo sections (on tank, poop);
h) for static discharge the vessel shall be equipped with devices of antistatic grounding;
i) the system of gas-release from cargo tanks shall be provided.
35. Chemical current sources in courts and coastal objects shall be protected from water hit, and places of their installation shall be provided with the exhaust ventilation.
36. In rooms in which accumulation of explosive gases or mixes or the flammable products intended for storage is probable only the explosion-proof electrical equipment shall be installed.
37. Commissary trucks of liquefied gas shall be designed and established so that to exclude gas leak and to minimize risk of explosion. Actions and devices (devices) necessary for identification of possible gas leak shall be provided.
Materials and designs of installations shall correspond to the used type of gas and maintain overloads in case of admissible the manufacturer operating conditions.
Each installation shall be supplied with the flame breaker plate for all types of torches.
For each installation the feed piping or hose from general distributive system (Item) on which the device for overlapping of gas supply shall be established shall be provided. The distribution point shall be established so that in case of gas leak from cabinet there was no danger of penetration of this mix in the vessel or contact with any ignition source. Ventilation for the purpose of removal of combustion products and protection of personnel in case of gas leak shall be provided.
All vessels with constantly installed gas supply systems shall be equipped with the shelter (room) for storage of gas cylinders separated living accommodations. This shelter (room) shall be available only outside and shall have the exhaust ventilation.
38. In case of construction, repair, upgrade, re-equipment of courts, production of ship technical means by designers, builders and manufacturers the danger proceeding from configuration items, objects of the equipment, tool and devices shall be minimized.
39. Cases of courts and their structural elements shall have durability and stability allowing to maintain loadings to which the listed material subjects to regulation are exposed in specification (provided when designing) operating conditions.
40. Design loads on cases of courts and their structural elements depending on operating conditions and purpose of the vessel shall consider dynamic and static impact of wind, uneasy surface of the water, pressure and inertial loads from load and technical objects provided for installation, ice loads and influence of vibration and shaking.
41. Durability and stability of cases and their structural elements shall be confirmed by the calculations based on application of the conventional methods for combinations of the loadings causing most state of stress of configuration items. In calculations shall be considered:
a) design features of subject to regulation;
b) nature of loading;
c) depreciation of structural elements and their permanent distortions;
d) properties of the materials applied in case of regulation asset construction;
e) operating conditions of subject to regulation.
42. For the purpose of ensuring vibration strength of cases of courts the small probability of resonance of the case and its elements in case of their vibration by comparison of their free oscillation frequencies with frequencies of action of the perturbing forces shall be confirmed.
43. For the purpose of prevention of destruction of case designs owing to stress concentration during the designing and construction (production) it shall be provided:
a) proper load distribution on configuration items;
b) lack of constructive concentrators of tension (installation of gusset plates, rounding off of corners and edges of details, cleaning of welds, fixing of the ends of beams or their smooth termination);
c) rational arrangement and reinforcement of cuts in designs, rounding off of corners of cuts.
44. The design of ship technical means shall exclude on all provided operational modes of load of the details and assembly units capable to cause destructions.
45. If emergence of the loadings leading to dangerous destructions is possible, then ship technical means shall be equipped with the safety appliances preventing emergence of rupture loads. Details and assembly units shall be protected or located so that their potentially dangerous parts did not create injury-causing situations.
46. The separate details or assembly units rotating with high speed shall be statically and are dynamically balanced by the manufacturer for minimization of efforts which arise in them in case of rotation and can lead to structural failure.
47. Pipelines and fittings of systems shall be firmly fixed and have possibility of thermal expansion (lengthening) without violation of density of connections. Pipelines of systems shall maintain in advance provided exceeding of working pressure. All cranes, valves and sluice valves of ship technical means, ship systems and systems of the power station shall have texts about their assignment.
48. Durability of the materials applied to production of cases of courts, details and nodes of ship technical means shall correspond to conditions of the provided application. For increase in reliability of assessment of durability of technical objects by their designer the risks connected with the phenomena of fatigue, aging, corrosion and depreciation shall be considered.
49. Measures for ensuring stability of provision of mass of the ship technical tool (prevention of fall, capsizing and shift) shall be stated in management (instruction) for operation.
50. Supply objects, the tool, devices for maintenance and repair of ship technical means shall be located and fixed so that their fall could not do harm to personnel of the operator and to other people who appeared in close proximity to subject to regulation.
51. The danger to boat team connected with change of operational mode of the vessel, ship technical means shall be eliminated. Operational modes on which the risk of self-damage of engines and other ship technical means exceeds admissible shall be excluded by means of availability and functioning protective, safety and the blocking devices eliminating possibility of injuring of personnel of the operator and emergence of incidents, accidents and other negative effects.
52. For the purpose of prevention of sliding of crew members of the vessel when servicing ship technical means the design of ship technical means shall exclude drop falling of fuel, the greasing, cooling and other working fluids, and the surface of flooring (deck) shall have the covering preventing sliding.
53. For prevention of danger of jamming of parts of bodies of personnel of the operator in case of accomplishment of working activities, tightenings of people under the rope which is reeling up on drum of winches, windlasses and spikes, the specified objects shall be equipped with means of reversal, emergency shutdown and the alarm system. Their design shall exclude possibility of their spontaneous inclusion and switching off.
54. Danger of pridavlivaniye of people shall be excluded by the equipment of weight lifting apparatuses the mechanical fixers holding operating parts in that provision to which they are brought when raising details and nodes in the course of servicing or repair.
55. For prevention of the danger connected with gap of mooring and towline cables in the course of accomplishment of ship transactions requirements of labor protection of the deck crew in courts shall be fulfilled.
56. For exception of danger of cutting and gap configuration items of ship technical means shall not have the cutting planes, surfaces with the raised roughness, the acute angles, edges, agnails constituting danger of injuring of personnel of the operator if their availability is not determined by functional purpose of these elements. In the latter case the measures of protection allowing to prevent contact of personnel of the operator and other persons with injury-causing edges and surfaces of designs of technical objects shall be provided.
57. For protection of personnel of the operator and other persons against danger to be pricked and (or) pierced in case of unintentional contact with the available mobile elements of ship technical means having the form of sharp teeths, fingers, needles, bar and sharp tips barriers or barriers which can be parts of object shall be established. In other cases dangerous elements shall be built in design of the ship technical tool.
58. The design of elements and barriers of hydraulic systems shall protect personnel of the operator and other persons from injuries in case of fluid discharge under HP.
59. The ship technical means using steam power, compressed air, liquid under HP or working under vacuum, shall be designed and manufactured so that the danger caused by emission of propulsive masses was minimized, namely:
a) the most allowable pressure (vacuum) in system by means of pressure-limiting valves (vacuum) was not exceeded;
b) there was no danger in case of pressure release, pressure loss (vacuum) or loss of hermeticity;
c) all elements of systems, especially tough and flexible lines intended for supply of the liquids and gases which are under HP shall maintain the external and internal impacts provided by the designer, possible in operation, shall be firmly fixed and protected from all types of external impacts, blows and tension or are located so that to prevent their accidental damage;
d) all elements which remain under pressure after disconnection of the ship technical tool from power source shall be supplied with accurately identified pressure relief devices with warning notice about need of pressure release (vacuum) before adjustment or carrying out servicing of the specified means.
60. Airkeepers (compressed air vessels) which are objects of the increased danger shall have safe design and meet solidity requirements of the steel vessels working under pressure.
61. The hydraulic drive of ship technical means shall fix and hold the specified means or their operating parts in the provision ordered by management.
62. Ship technical means in which the potential energy of elastic elements is used (springs, springs and other details of this kind) shall have the devices of unloading of elastic elements or devices blocking release of energy in case of the treatment of them or bringing these elements to state, safe for service personnel.
63. The device of closings of rooms in the case or superstructure of the vessel shall exclude danger to people to appear in the closed amount without possibility of independent exit. If it is impossible, then such rooms shall be equipped with the means necessary for help challenge. The requirement does not extend to rooms which under normal conditions operation are closed and their visit by personnel of the operator is not provided (cofferdams, buoyancy compartments and other seldom visited rooms).
64. The doors of superstructures and cabins conducting on open deck shall open outside.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.