of April 20, 1998 No. 52
About traffic in the Kyrgyz Republic
Accepted by General Court of Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on March 26, 1998
This Law determines the legal basis of safety control of traffic in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Tasks of this Law are protection of life, health and property of citizens, protection of their rights and legitimate interests, and also protection of interests of society and state by the prevention of the road accidents, decrease in weight of their effects.
In this Law the following main terms are applied:
the transport driver - person having the right to vehicle control;
traffic - set of the public relations arising in the course of movement of people and loads by means of vehicles or without those within roads;
traffic safety - the condition of this process reflecting degree of security of his participants from the road accidents and their effects;
the road accident - the event arising in the course of movement on the road of the vehicle and with its participation with which people died or are wounded vehicles, constructions, loads are damaged or material damage is caused;
traffic safety control - the activities directed to the prevention of origins of the road accidents, decrease in weight of their effects;
the participant of traffic - person which is directly involved in the course of traffic as the transport driver, the driver of animals, the pedestrian, the passenger of the vehicle;
the organization of traffic - complex of organization-legal, organizational and technical actions and administrative actions for mission control on roads;
the road - the strip of the earth equipped or adapted and used for movement of vehicles or the surface of artificial feature. The road includes one or several carriageways, and also the sidewalks, roadsides, roadside land strips, green plantings, lawns, arychny, other irrigating networks located and passing along highways and lane lines (in case of their availability);
the vehicle - the device intended for transportation across roads of people and loads or the equipment installed on it and also tractors and self-propelled technological machines;
the vehicle with left-side arrangement of rudder control - the vehicle in which the driver's place and steering wheel are located on the left side in the direction of the vehicle;
the vehicle with right-hand arrangement of rudder control - the vehicle in which the driver's place and steering wheel are located on the right side in the direction of the vehicle.
The basic principles of safety control of traffic are:
- priority of life and health of the citizens participating in traffic over economic results of economic activity;
- respect for interests of citizens, societies and the states in case of traffic safety control;
- program and target approach to activities for traffic safety control.
The legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic on traffic safety consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Safety control of traffic is performed by means of:
- establishments of powers and responsibility of executive bodies and local self-government;
- coordination of activities of executive bodies and local self-government, public associations, legal entities and physical persons for the purpose of the prevention of the road accidents and decrease in weight of their effects;
- regulations of activities on road, urban land electric transport and in road economy;
- developments in accordance with the established procedure regulatory legal acts concerning safety control of traffic, rules, standards, technical standards and other regulating documents;
- implementation of activities for the organization of traffic;
- material and financial provision of actions for traffic safety;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.