of December 12, 2002 No. 432-II
About the Senate of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan
The purpose of this Law is determination of the status of the Senate of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan (further - the Senate), regulation of the relations on the organization of activities of the Senate and its interaction with Legislative house of Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan (further - Legislative house) and other state bodies.
The senate (high chamber) of Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan is chamber of territorial representation.
Members of the Senate (senators) are elected in equal quantity - on six people - from the Republic of Karakalpakstan, areas and the city of Tashkent by secret vote on the corresponding joint sittings of deputies of the Jokargi Kenes of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, representative bodies of the government of areas, areas and cities from among these deputies.
Sixteen members of the Senate are appointed the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan from among the most authoritative citizens with wide practical experience and special merits in the field of science, art, literature, production and other spheres of the state and public work.
Work of the Senate is based on activities of senators convoked on plenary meetings (further - meetings) and on meetings of its committees.
In the Senate education of groups on territorial sign and on political or other basis is excluded.
The procedure for activities of the Senate is determined by the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, this Law and other legal acts.
The procedure for forming of the Senate is determined by the Electoral code of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Term of office of the Senate - 5 years.
After the term of the powers the Senate continues the activities up to the beginning of work of the Senate of new convocation.
The citizen of the Republic of Uzbekistan who reached by the election day of twenty five years and constantly living in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan at least five years can be the member of the Senate.
The same person cannot be at the same time the member of the Senate and the deputy of Legislative house.
The member of the Senate has the immunity right. He cannot be brought to trial, is detained, taken into custody or subjected to measures of the administrative punishment imposed judicially without the consent of the Senate, and during the period between meetings of the Senate - without Kengash's consent of the Senate.
The expenses connected with senatorial activities are in accordance with the established procedure refunded to the member of the Senate.
Powers of the member of the Senate can be stopped ahead of schedule in the cases and procedure provided by the law.
Members of the Senate can work in the Senate at permanent basis. The number of senators working in the Senate at permanent basis is determined in quantity to one fourth from total quantity of senators. For the powers they cannot be engaged in other types of paid activities, except scientific and pedagogical.
The status of the member of the Senate is determined by the law.
The senate on the questions carried to its maintaining and also concerning the organization of internal activities of chamber accepts resolutions.
On general political, social and economic and other questions the Senate can make applications and addresses which are issued by the resolution of chamber.
Resolutions of the Senate, except as specified, provided by this Law, are accepted by a majority vote from total number of members of the Senate.
The powers of the Senate relating to joint maintaining with Legislative house are:
1) adoption of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, introduction in it of changes and amendments;
2) adoption of the constitutional laws, laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan, introduction of changes in them and amendments;
3) decision making about holding referendum of the Republic and setting a date of its carrying out;
4) determination of the main directions of domestic and foreign policy of the Republic of Uzbekistan and adoption of strategic state programs;
5) determination of system and powers of bodies of legislative, executive and judicial branches the authorities of the republic Uzbekistan according to the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
6) acceptance in structure of the Republic of Uzbekistan of new state educations and approval of decisions on their exit from structure of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
7) legislative regulation of customs, currency and credit affairs;
8) establishment of taxes and other obligatory payments;
9) legislative regulation of questions of the administrative-territorial device, change of borders of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
10) education, abolition, renaming of areas, cities, areas and change of their borders;
12) organization of the state awards and ranks;
13) approval of presidential decrees of the Republic of Uzbekistan about education and abolition of the ministries, state committees and other state bodies;
14) formation of Central Election Commission of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
15) consideration and approval on representation of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan candidates for the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan and also hearing and discussion of reports of the Prime Minister on topical issues of social and economic development of the country.
Cabinet ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan affirm the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the representation of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan brought after approval by Legislative house;
16) election of the Representative of Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan for human rights and his deputy;
17) consideration of the report of Audit Chamber of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.