of December 12, 2002 No. 434-II
About legislative house of Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan
The purpose of this Law is determination of the status of Legislative house of Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan (further Legislative house), regulation of the relations on the organization of activities of Legislative house and its interaction with the Senate of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan (further - the Senate) and other state bodies.
The legislative house (lower house) consists of hundred fifty deputies elected on the basis of general equal and direct suffrage in case of secret vote by territorial single-candidate constituencies on multi-party basis.
Work of Legislative house is based on professional, permanent activity of all deputies of chamber.
The procedure for activities of Legislative house is determined by the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, this Law and other legal acts.
The procedure for elections to Legislative house is determined by the Electoral code of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Term of office of Legislative house - five years.
After the term of the powers the Legislative house continues the activities up to the beginning of work of Legislative house of new convocation.
The citizen of the Republic of Uzbekistan who reached by the election day of twenty five years and constantly living in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan at least five years can be the deputy of Legislative house.
The same person cannot be at the same time the deputy of Legislative house and the member of the Senate.
For the powers deputies of Legislative house cannot be engaged in other types of paid activities, except scientific and pedagogical.
The deputy of Legislative house has the immunity right. He cannot be brought to trial, is detained, taken into custody or subjected to measures of the administrative punishment imposed judicially without the consent of Legislative house.
The expenses connected with deputy activities are in accordance with the established procedure refunded to the deputy of Legislative house.
Powers of the deputy of Legislative house can be stopped ahead of schedule in the cases and procedure provided by the law.
The status of the deputy of Legislative house will be determined by the law.
The legislative house on the questions carried to its maintaining and also concerning the organization of internal activities of chamber accepts resolutions.
On general political, social and economic and other questions the Legislative house can make applications and addresses which are issued by the resolution of chamber.
Resolutions of Legislative house, except as specified, provided by this Law, are accepted by a majority vote from total number of deputies.
The powers of Legislative house relating to joint maintaining with the Senate are:
1) adoption of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, introduction in it of changes and amendments;
2) adoption of the constitutional laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan, introduction of changes in them and amendments;
3) decision making about holding referendum of the Republic of Uzbekistan and setting a date of its carrying out;
4) determination of the main directions of domestic and foreign policy of the Republic of Uzbekistan and adoption of strategic state programs;
5) determination of system and powers of bodies of legislative, executive and judicial branches the authorities of the republic Uzbekistan according to the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
6) acceptance in structure of the Republic of Uzbekistan of new state educations and approval of decisions on their exit from structure of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
7) legislative regulation of customs, currency and credit affairs;
8) establishment of taxes and other obligatory payments;
9) legislative regulation of questions of the administrative-territorial device, change of borders of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
10) education, abolition, renaming of areas, cities, areas and change of their borders;
11) adoption of the government budget of the Republic of Uzbekistan on representation of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan and control of its execution;
12) organization of the state awards and ranks;
13) approval of presidential decrees of the Republic of Uzbekistan about education and abolition of the ministries, state committees and other state bodies;
14) formation of Central Election Commission of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
15) consideration and approval on representation of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan candidates for the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan and also hearing and discussion of reports of the Prime Minister on topical issues of social and economic development of the country.
Cabinet ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan affirm the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the representation of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan brought after approval by Legislative house;
16) election of the Representative of Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan for human rights and his deputy;
17) consideration of the report of Audit Chamber of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
18) approval of the presidential decree of the Republic of Uzbekistan about the announcement of state of war in case of attack on the Republic of Uzbekistan or in case of need accomplishment of contractual commitments on mutual defense against aggression;
19) approval of presidential decrees of the Republic of Uzbekistan about the announcement of general or partial mobilization, about introduction, prolongation and cancellation of emergency state;
20) decision making about ratification and denouncement of international treaties of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
21) implementation of parliamentary control and other powers provided by the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The questions relating to joint maintaining chambers are considered, as a rule in the beginning in Legislative house, and then in the Senate.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.