of April 3, 1999 No. 13-4
About legal support of counteraction of crime in the territory of the Commonwealth countries
(as of March 1, 1999)
Recognizing need of every possible activization of protection of the person against criminal actions,
considering that crime in the State Parties of the CIS increasingly acquires transnational nature and really counteracts the undertaken economic reforms, providing the rights and fundamental freedoms of the person according to the conventional principles and rules of international law,
understanding need of expansion and deepening of cooperation of legislative and law enforcement agencies of the Commonwealth countries on counteraction of crime on the strong legal basis,
proceeding from cross liabilities of the State Parties of the CIS in the field of crime counteraction, on forming of general legal space on the basis of standardization of the national legal system,
The inter-parliamentary Assembly decides:
1. Accept the appeal of Inter-parliamentary Assembly of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States to heads of state and government of the Commonwealth countries about coordination of common efforts of legislative and law enforcement agencies in crime counteraction (appendix 1).
2. Recommend to parliaments of the State Parties of Inter-parliamentary Assembly:
- perform ratification of the relevant interstate acts according to constitutional processes (appendix 2), and also to use in case of development of national legal acts model Criminal, Criminal procedure and Criminal and executive codes, other model laws for the purpose of forming of single legal space for crime counteraction, including transnational;
- consider question of possibility of ratification of the European convention on issue of 1957 with additional protocols 1975 and 1978 of years, the European convention on mutual legal assistance on criminal cases of 1959 with the additional protocol of 1978.
3. Ask Coordination council of Attorney-Generals, Council of Ministers of internal affairs, Council of heads of security service and special services, Council of commanders of border troops, Council of heads of Customs Services of the states of the Commonwealth to bring in the Secretariat of Council of MPA of the offer on development of the model laws on crime counteraction.
4. Bring additional Items on development and adoption of the following model laws in the Plan of model lawmaking for 1999-2000:
- about rules of stay and registration of citizens in the territory of the State Parties of the CIS connected with population shift;
- about counteraction to movement of the financial resources received from criminal activities from one country in another;
- about bodies of prosecutor's office (having provided creation of conditions for their effective work according to constitutions of the states);
- about procedure for declaring of the income of physical persons and legal entities.
5. Charge to the Permanent commission of MPA concerning defense and safety during planned working meetings of heads of special-purpose committees (commissions) of parliaments of the State Parties of the CIS to discuss question of use in legislative activities of model legal acts and accomplishment of the assumed interstate obligations for crime counteraction.
6. Adopt the model law "About Fight Against Corruption" (appendix 3) and to send it to parliaments of the State Parties of the CIS for use in case of development of the national legal system.
Chairman of the board of Assembly E. S. Stroyev
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.