Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Belarus and Government of Georgia on the international automobile communication *
of March 7, 2002
The government of the Republic of Belarus and the Government of Georgia which are hereinafter referred to as by the Parties
aiming to help cooperation between two states in the field of automobile communication and to transit through their territories,
proceeding from the principles of interaction and respect for bilateral interests,
agreed as follows:
Provisions of this agreement are applied to motor transportations of passengers and loads in the bilateral message between the Republic of Belarus and Georgia, en route through their territories, and also in (from) the third states.
The concepts used in the Agreement have the following values:
"carrier" - any physical person or legal entity registered in the state of one of the Parties, having the right to perform the international passenger or freight transportation according to the legislation existing in this state and bylaws;
a) the vehicle registered in the territory of the state of one of the Parties, intended for transportation of goods or the combined vehicle which is equipped and is used only to transportation of goods;
b) the vehicle (bus) registered in the territory of the state of one of the Parties, intended for transportation of passengers which on the design and the equipment is used for transportation more than nine people, including the driver;
"permission" - the document granting the right to entrance of the vehicle registered in the territory of the state of one Party to the territory of the state of other Party or journey transit through this territory;
"transit" - transportation of goods (without loading and unloading) and transportation of passengers (without landing and disembarkation) the carrier registered in the territory of the state of one of the Parties through the territory of the state of other Party to the third state or from the third state;
"quota" - the number of permissions granting the right to carrier to perform motor transportations in the bilateral message between the Republic of Belarus and Georgia, en route through their territories, and also in (from) the third states;
"cabotage" - transportation of goods or passengers the vehicles registered in the territory of the state of one Party between the Items located in the territory of the state of other Party;
"special permission" - the one-time document granting the right to entrance of the vehicle of the state of one Party to the territory of the state of other Party or journey transit through its territory if total weight of the vehicle, its dimensions or load of axis exceed the regulations established in the territory of this state.
Competent authorities from:
Republic of Belarus - Ministry of Transport and Communications;
Georgia - Administration of road transport of the Ministry of Transport and Communications.
This agreement is applied to all types of passenger traffic performed by vehicles (buses) between the states of the Parties and en route through their territories.
The concepts used in this Section have the following values:
1. "Regular transportations" - transportations which are performed according to previously approved schedule, on in advance approved rates, certain route with the established Items of stops. Conditions of implementation of regular transportations are determined based on this agreement by approval of competent authorities of the Parties.
2. "Irregular (charter, tourist) transportations":
a) tour behind closed doors - transportation in case of which the group of passengers of the same structure during all trip is transported by the same vehicle and returns to the state of its registration;
b) transportations during which the vehicle performs trip to destination with passengers and returns in empty condition;
c) transportations during which the vehicle performs trip to destination in empty condition and returns with passengers provided that passengers were earlier transported by the same carrier;
d) the transportations which are not falling under the criteria stated above, that is transportations of other types.
1. On mentioned in subitems and), b) and c) Item 2 of Article 4 of this agreement irregular transportations are not required permissions. They are performed on the basis of the control document (form).
2. The control document (form) shall contain the following information:
type of transport;
the completed passenger manifest;
registration number of the vehicle.
3. Specified in the subitem of) Item 2 of Article 4 of this agreement irregular transportations can be performed only based on the permission issued by competent authority of other Party. The quantity, form and content of these permissions is determined by the Joint commission specified in Article 22 of this agreement.
On the irregular transit transportations of passengers performed through the territory of the state of one of the Parties by the vehicle registered in the territory of the state of other Party permissions are not required.
1. Regular transportations are performed based on the permissions issued by competent authority of the Party on which territory of the state there passes the route.
2. Permissions to regular transportations will be issued for a period of up to three years and can be prolonged on the corresponding request.
3. Permission shall contain the following data:
type of transport;
name of carrier;
route with indication of places of departure and appointment, intermediate stops;
permission effective period.
4. Appendix to permission shall contain information on the carrier, route (specified on the scheme), the schedule, rate, frequency of transportations and Items of intermediate stops where landing and disembarkation of passengers, and also about buses which will service route is performed.
5. The competent authority of one of the Parties sends the letter of recommendation to competent authority of other Party containing information according to item 4 of this Article. In case of consent the competent authority of the Party issues permission to the site of route passing on the territory of its state.
6. Permission and appendices shall be signed by the authorized person and are certified by seal of the competent authority issuing them.
7. Terms of the exchange permissions are determined by competent authorities of the Parties.
8. Permission when replacing of the damaged bus with other bus is not required.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.