Unofficial transfer. (c) Soyuzpravoinform LLC
of January 13, 2005 No. ZR-29
About legal profession
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on December 14, 2004
This Law establishes the bases of implementation of lawyer activities and the organization of professional community of lawyers and procedure of these activities in the Republic of Armenia.
The procedure established by this Law is single and is obligatory for all lawyers.
The legal profession is professional community of lawyers which, being institute of civil society, is not a part of the system of state bodies and local government bodies.
The legal profession acts on the basis of the principles of independence, respecting the rule of law, self-government and equality of lawyers.
1. The organizations are forbidden to use in the name the words "lawyer" in all its case forms or phrases including this word, and also use of foreign-language semantic translations of the word "lawyer", except for chambers of the lawyers, lawyer school and the organizations created by the lawyer for the purpose of implementation of lawyer activities.
1. Lawyer activities are type of human rights activities which are performed by the lawyer directed to implementation and protection of the rights, freedoms and interests of person receiving legal aid, all means and methods which are not prohibited by the Law.
2. The lawyer can perform the following activities:
1) consultation, including: consultation provision to principals about their rights and obligations, studying of documents, creation of other documents of legal nature (further - consultation);
2) representation, including representation in court (further - judicial representation);
3) protection on criminal cases;
4) in the cases and procedure provided by the law, rendering legal aid to the witness.
1) cases of non-paid implementation of representation for close relatives, including: the parent, the child, the adoptive father adopted, native or nonnative (summary on the father or mother) the brother or the sister, the grandfather, the grandmother, the grandson (chka), and also parents of the spouse or the spouse, the son-in-law or the daughter-in-law;
2) representation cases in court of interests of the legal entity in which authorized capital more than a half of shares belong to the close relative (relatives).
4. Only the lawyer can perform the protection on criminal cases provided by this Article.
5. Lawyer activities rendering legal aid by the lawyer to the employer based on the employment contract, except for the activities performed by the lawyer working for the lawyer is not considered.
6. Cases of implementation of judicial representation in civil legal proceedings by persons, not showing lawyers, are established by the Code of civil procedure of the Republic of Armenia.
1. The lawyer has the right to receive compensation for the services.
2. The amount of payment and payment procedure of lawyer activities are determined by the written agreement (further - the agreement), the prisoner between the lawyer and the principal according to the procedure, established by the Civil code of the Republic of Armenia.
3. With the consent of the lawyer legal aid can be given gratuitously.
4. The state guarantees free legal aid to persons, the stipulated in Article 41 this Law, in the cases and procedure provided by the same Article.
5. For the purpose of determination by courts, in connection with compensation of court costs (costs), the reasonable amount of payment of the lawyer, council of chamber of lawyers can found the average price list of payment of lawyer activities. The specified price list cannot be used in other purposes.
1. The chamber of lawyers of the Republic of Armenia (further - Chamber of lawyers) is the professional, independent, self-governed non-profit organization of lawyers created on the basis of this Law which features are established by this Law. The chamber of lawyers acquires the status of the legal entity from the moment of registration in the procedure established by the Law.
2. Tasks of chamber of lawyers are:
1) protection of the rights and legitimate interests of the members in relations with state bodies and local self-government and the organizations, and also in court;
2) organization of process of licensing of lawyers;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.