of May 4, 2010 No. 274-IV ZRK
About consumer protection
This Law determines legal, economic and social basis of consumer protection, and also measure for providing consumers with safe and high-quality goods (works, services).
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) manufacturer - the physical person or legal entity making goods for realization;
2) expiration date - period of time after which the goods are considered unsuitable for proper use;
3) work - the activities directed to requirements satisfaction of consumers which results have material expression;
4) shortcoming - discrepancy of goods (work, service) to mandatory requirements of technical regulations, documents on standardization, terms of the contract, and also information on goods (work, service) provided by the seller (the manufacturer, the contractor);
5) warranty period - the period of time established by the seller (the manufacturer, the contractor), the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan or the agreement in days, months, years or the operating time established in hours, cycles of operations, kilometers of run or other similar indicators which are estimated from the date of production of purchase of goods (work, service) during which the seller (the manufacturer, the contractor) guarantees goods quality (works, services), on condition of its proper use and storage;
6) service - the activities directed to requirements satisfaction of consumers which results have no material expression;
7) service life - the period of time established in days, months, years or the operating time established in hours, cycles of operations, kilometers of run or other similar indicators, stipulated by the legislation or the agreement proceeding from functional purpose of goods (result of work) during which it is possible to use goods (result of work) for designated purpose;
8) the contractor - the physical person or legal entity performing work or rendering service in the agreement;
9) storage duration - period of time during which the goods (result of work) in case of observance of the established storage conditions keep quality, properties and characteristics specified in the regulating documents establishing quality requirements of goods (work, service), and (or) in the agreement;
10) the seller - the physical person or legal entity realizing goods according to the civil legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
11) goods - the product (products) of activities of the manufacturer (contractor) intended for the personal, family, home or other use which is not connected with business activity;
12) safety of goods (work, service) - lack of the unacceptable risk connected with possibility of damnification of life, to health and (or) property of the consumer, and also the environment in case of usual conditions of use, storage, transportation, utilization of goods or in the course of performance of work (rendering service);
13) goods quality (works, services) - set of the characteristics of goods (work, service) relating to its capability to satisfy needs of the consumer;
14) the document confirming the fact of purchase of goods (performance of work, rendering service), - the control (commodity) check or the receipt to the cash receipt order, the receipt to the detachable coupon, properly drawn up technical data sheet, other document containing data on the name, goods cost (works, services), date of acquisition, the seller (the manufacturer, the contractor);
15) the consumer - the physical person having the intention to order or acquire or ordering acquiring and (or) using goods (work, service) only for the personal, family, home or other use which is not connected with business activity;
16) public association of consumers - the organization created as a result of voluntary consolidation of citizens for the purpose of protection of the rights and legitimate interests of consumers;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.