Accepted by the resolution of Inter-parliamentary Assembly of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States
of May 13, 1995
About the basic principles of cooperation of the State Parties of the CIS in the field of science and scientific and technical activities
This referral legal act formulates value, the main objectives, content, the legal basis and the mechanism of cooperation of the State Parties of the CIS in the field of science and scientific and technical activities.
The offered recommendations proceed from the following determinations.
Science - intellectual activities which content is knowledge of unknown to mankind of properties and patterns of the nature and society earlier. It includes as the activities directed to receipt of new knowledge, and its result - set of the knowledge making basis of scientific picture of the world and reflecting the laws of its development.
Scientific (research) activities - the activities directed to obtaining and use of new knowledge. It includes:
a) basic scientific research, i.e. the pilot or theoretical studies directed to receipt of new knowledge of the main patterns of the nature and society;
b) applied scientific research - the researches directed mainly to achievement of the practical purposes and the solution of specific objectives.
Scientific and technical activities - the activities directed to obtaining, use of new knowledge for the solution of technological, engineering, economic, social, humanitarian and other problems for ensuring functioning of science, the equipment and production as single system.
Innovative activities - the activities directed to implementation of the new ideas, scientific knowledge, technologies, products types, etc. in the field of production, managements, work at the company in industry.
Scientific and technical policy - component of the state social and economic policy; expresses the relation of the state to scientific and scientific and technical activities, determines the purposes, the directions, forms of activities of public authorities in the field of science and technology, realization of scientific and scientific and technical achievements.
The cooperation in the field of science and scientific and technical activities is performed on the state and non-state bases and is guided by the following principles:
- coincidence of the long-term interests and the purposes connected with need of combination of efforts for activities of the State Parties of the CIS;
- mutual respect parties of state interests, features and traditions of each of participants;
- recognition of the international precepts of law;
- equal participation in the joint problem resolution, the cooperating states and the organizations which are of interest for;
- ensuring mutual advantage from cooperation on the state and non-state lines;
- cross liability of the parties;
- accounting of features of the present stage of social and economic development of the State Parties of the CIS.
On the state line the cooperation will be organized and performed by public authorities, public institutions and the organizations at the expense of the public budgetary funds.
On the non-state line the cooperation will be organized and performed non-governmental (including public) by the organizations and associations, the creative unions, funds, legal entities with the state and non-state pattern of ownership, and also individuals by extrabudgetary funds.
International cooperation can be performed also on mixed (state and non-state) basis.
The State Parties of the CIS perform cooperation in the field of science and scientific and technical activities, proceeding from more general tasks of their integration in political, economic, humanitarian, cultural and other areas of social life, in particular, for the purpose of:
- forming of conditions of stable social and economic development of each state and in the whole CIS;
- step-by-step forming of the Common Economic Space;
- providing single educational space, and also cultural cooperation;
- the joint solution of the environmental problems and problems caused by natural disasters and catastrophic crashes.
The main forms of international cooperation of the State Parties of the CIS in science and scientific and technical activities are:
- international scientific and scientific and practical forums (conferences, symposium, meetings);
- the international bilateral and multilateral cooperation in scientific and scientific and technical activities, in preparation and advanced training of scientific personnel;
- creation on the state and non-state bases of the international funds, associations, creative unions, information and scientific centers, laboratories, research institutes, science and production associations, etc.;
- accomplishment of scientific research and scientific and technical developments by request of the cooperating state or the organization which is in its territory;
- exchange on commercial and non-commercial bases scientific and technical information, results of researches and developments, new progressive technologies;
- exchange of specialists in the state and non-state lines;
- carrying out preferential tax policy when implementing innovative activities;
- carrying out preferential customs policy concerning goods, raw materials, materials, financial resources moved through borders of the State Parties of the CIS when implementing innovative activities;
- cooperation in the field of preparation of scientific personnel of high qualification (candidates and doctors of science), proceeding from the available conditions in Research institutions and higher education institutions of the CIS.
The main methods of international cooperation in the field of science and scientific and technical activities are:
- the conclusion of international treaties, contracts and agreements between the state non-state organizations of the different countries;
- coordination scientifically and scientific and technical activities;
- implementation of the joint scientific and scientific and technical programs and plans developed by public authorities, the state and non-state organizations and the companies;
- use of modern system of license agreements and license fees;
- development of international leasing and leasing relations;
- joint financing of the state and international programs and projects, works on preparation and advanced training of scientific personnel, including from joint funds, and also on the compensation beginnings and on the basis of private initiatives;
- development of model legal acts as legal base of international cooperation;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.