Accepted at the tenth plenary session of Inter-parliamentary Assembly of the State Parties of the CIS by the resolution of December 6, 1997, No. 10-7
About access to ecological information
This Law provides the right to the reliable, bystry, timely and complete information about state of environment and natural resources at state governing bodies and the legal entities subordinated to them.
1. This Law governs the relations arising in case of:
- collection, storage, use, transfer and distribution of ecological information:
- to protection of the rights of the subjects having access to ecological information.
2. The relations in the field of protection of intellectual property, copyright and related rights, the state and protected by the law other secret are regulated by the relevant legislation.
1. Ecological information - any information on condition of waters, the atmospheres, soils, live organisms and ecosystems and their changes, about activities, factors and measures which make or can make impact on them, and also about the planned or performed activities for use of natural resources and effects of it for the environment, including the data necessary for assessment of these effects for the environment and the population, but also - about the measures directed to protection and rational use of the environment. Ecological information can be expressed in any objektivirovanny forms.
2. Ensuring access to ecological information - transfer of this information to subjects of ecological information in oral, written and in other forms, and also provision of possibility of search of this information by it by viewing of documents and receipt of copies on site or sendings to the published materials.
3. Persons of law on ecological information - physical persons and legal entities of the state, the foreign citizens and stateless persons, foreign legal entities wishing to have ecological information.
4. Subjects (sources) of ecological information - the central and local authorities of the government and management; the central industry state governing bodies, research and other specialized organizations which competence includes environmental protection and control of its condition, public health care, protection of the woods, waters, the atmospheres, soils, animal and flora, use of natural and secondary resources, establishment of rules and standards in these areas, the activities potentially dangerous and influencing the environment, and also decision making which realization can affect state of environment (except bodies of legislative and judicial authority).
5. The information ecological register - the set of the systematized data on state of environment and natural resources, and also the factors influencing them stored and which is filled up by subject of ecological information according to its competence.
Access to ecological information is the inherent and unconditional right of persons of law to ecological information regardless of prescriptive limit in relation to the facts forming the basis for receipt of the information required.
1. Persons of law on ecological information have the right to address freely subjects (sources) of ecological information for its obtaining.
2. The central and local authorities of the government and management, the central industry state bodies have in the organizational structure the departments, sections, services or established posts collecting registration, the analysis, updating and distribution of the public and special ecological information stored in information ecological registers and reflecting general and special functions of these bodies.
3. The head of relevant organ of the government (management) designates person responsible for maintaining the information ecological register, collection, the analysis, storage, updating and distribution of ecological information in this public authority (management).
4. The list of subjects of ecological information, specifics and procedure for maintaining by them information ecological registers and storage of data in them it is determined by the government.
1. Ecological information is subdivided on public and special.
2. Public ecological information are all ecological information, except for carried to special ecological information.
3. Special ecological information are the data reflecting specifics of activities of the separate central industry bodies of public management knowing questions of defense and homeland security and also other data according to article 9 of this Law.
4. The procedure for receipt of ecological information on the projects and objects of economic activity planned to realization is determined by the law "About Environmental Assessment" ("About environmental assessment and environmental impact assessment") and part two of article 8 of this Law.
1. The ecological information including which is stored in the Public Records Offices is provided to persons of law on ecological information free of charge or for a fee, not exceeding cost of copying, search and preparation of information, in shape, in which information or other form acceptable for person who requested provision of information in the presence for this purpose of technical capabilities is stored.
2. The payment procedure of ecological information is established by the Government.
3. Provision of ecological information can be performed both on one-time requests, and based on long-term agreements in the form established by the government.
1. The state guarantees the right to access, obtaining and distribution of ecological information to all persons of law to ecological information.
2. The state publishes information on state of environment, and also data on the planned nation-wide and regional projects, development programs of the national economy and the course of their implementation affecting state of environment. Data on the projects of local value which are potentially able to worsen state of environment, are without fail published in seal beforehand to their official approval.
3. The state publishes the international contracts and agreements, resolutions and recommendations of the international conferences on environment problems which participant it is.
4. The state supports the activities of physical persons and legal entities, including public associations directed to distribution of information on state of environment.
1. The state has the right to refuse to the person of law on ecological information provision of this information if it mentions:
a) interests of homeland security;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.