of July 21, 1997 No. 114-FZ
About service in customs authorities of the Russian Federation
Accepted by the State Duma of the Russian Federation on June 18, 1997
Approved by Council of the Russian Federation on July 4, 1997
This Federal Law determines procedure for service in customs authorities and the organizations of the Federal Customs Service (further - customs authorities) and bases of legal status of officials of customs authorities.
The service in customs authorities is special type of public service of the citizens of the Russian Federation (further - citizens) performing professional activity on realization of functions, the rights and obligations of the customs authorities which are a part of the system of law enforcement agencies of the Russian Federation.
The legal basis of service in customs authorities is constituted by the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the legislation of the Russian Federation on customs affairs, this Federal Law, other Federal Laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation regulating procedure for service in customs authorities.
Officials of customs authorities are citizens, replacement positions of employees in the specified bodies to which the special ranks are given (further - customs officers), and federal government civil servants of customs authorities.
1. For the purpose of technical supply of activities of customs authorities the corresponding positions of employees of customs authorities are provided in their staff lists. The list of the specified positions is determined by the Head of the Federal Customs Service.
2. Employment relationships of employees of customs authorities are governed by the legislation of the Russian Federation on work.
1. To the citizens employed in customs authorities, and customs officers the following special ranks of customs officers are given (further - special ranks):
1) ensign of Customs Service;
2) senior warrant officer of Customs Service;
3) second lieutenant of Customs Service;
4) lieutenant of Customs Service;
5) senior lieutenant of Customs Service;
6) captain of Customs Service;
7) major of Customs Service;
8) lieutenant colonel of Customs Service;
9) colonel of Customs Service;
10) major general of Customs Service;
11) lieutenant general of Customs Service;
12) colonel general of Customs Service;
13) valid counselor of state of Customs Service of the Russian Federation.
2. The positions held by customs officers, and corresponding to these positions special ranks are subdivided into the following groups:
1) younger structure: ensign of Customs Service, senior warrant officer of Customs Service;
2) the average commanding structure: second lieutenant of Customs Service, lieutenant of Customs Service, senior lieutenant of Customs Service, captain of Customs Service;
3) the senior commanding structure: major of Customs Service, lieutenant colonel of Customs Service, colonel of Customs Service;
4) the highest commanding structure: major general of Customs Service, lieutenant general of Customs Service, colonel general of Customs Service, valid counselor of state of Customs Service of the Russian Federation.
3. Lists of positions of customs officers of younger structure, the average commanding structure and the senior commanding structure and special ranks corresponding to these positions, and also qualification requirements to the customs officers holding the specified positions affirm the Head of the Federal Customs Service.
Taking into account the level of professional education, service length in customs authorities or years of service (experience) of occupational work according to the got professional education, professional knowledge and skills to customs officers according to the procedure, established by the Head of the Federal Customs Service, the following qualification ranks are given: specialist of the third class, specialist of second class, specialist of the first class, master (highest qualification rank).
4. The list of positions of customs officers of the highest commanding structure and special ranks corresponding to these positions affirms the President of the Russian Federation.
5. The procedure for assignment of special ranks to the officials of customs authorities working in customs authorities on the date of entry into force of this Federal Law is established by the President of the Russian Federation.
6. In case of dismissal of the employee of customs authority from service in customs authorities with the right to pension the words "in resignation" are added to special rank.
1. The citizens who reached age of 18 years capable on the personal and business qualities, the education level and the state of health to provide accomplishment of the functions assigned to customs authorities can be customs officers.
2. Revenues to service in customs authorities of citizens are voluntary and are performed on terms of the contract about service in customs authorities (further - the contract).
3. The citizen in case of revenues to service represents to customs authorities:
1) application in person;
2) identity document;
4) education documents and about qualification;
5) the medical certificate about the state of health;
7) data on the birthplace, places of employment (training) and the residence of the father (mother), the husband (wife), the son (daughter), the brother (sister) or person on whose education he was (further - close relatives).
4. Requirements to the state of health of the citizens arriving on service in customs authorities and the customs officers holding the corresponding positions are established by the Government of the Russian Federation.
5. In case of arrival of citizens on service in the customs authorities of the data and documents specified in Item 3 of this Article are subject to check according to the procedure, provided by the Federal Law.
In case of establishment in verification process of the circumstance interfering arrival of the citizen on service in customs authorities, the specified citizen within one month from the date of decision making about refusal in acceptance on service in customs authorities is informed in writing on cause of failure.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.