The resolution of December 6, 1997 No. 10-11 is accepted at the tenth plenary session of Inter-parliamentary Assembly of the State Parties of the CIS
This Law regulates the legal relationship arising in case of turnover of civil, office, and also military person-portable small and cold weapon in the territory of the country and is directed to protection of life and health of citizens, property, ensuring public safety, conservation and natural resources, development of international cooperation in fight against crime and illegal distribution of weapon.
Provisions of this law extend also to turnover of ammunition and cartridges.
For use of this Law the following basic concepts have values:
weapon - the devices and objects which are structurally intended for defeat of live or other purpose and giving of signals;
firearms - the weapon intended for mechanical defeat of the purpose at distance by the shell receiving directed movement due to energy of powder or other charge;
the main parts of firearms - trunk, lock, drum, frame, receiver;
cold weapon - the weapon intended for defeat of the purpose by means of the muscular strength of the person in case of direct contact with object of defeat;
throwing weapon - the weapon intended for defeat of the purpose at distance by the shell receiving directed movement by means of the muscular strength of the person or the mechanical device;
pneumatic weapon - the weapon intended for defeat of the purpose at distance by the shell receiving directed movement due to energy of the compressed, liquefied or cured gas;
gas weapon - the weapon intended for temporary defeat of the live purpose by use of the tear or irritating substances;
ammunition - the objects of arms and metayemy equipment intended for defeat of the purpose and containing explosive, throwing, pyrotechnic or vyshibny charges or their combination;
the boss - the device intended for shot from weapon, combining in single whole by means of sleeve of means of initiation, propellant powder and metayemy equipment;
alarm weapon - the weapon which is structurally intended only for giving of light, smoke or sound signals;
traffic in weapons and the main parts of firearms (further weapon) - production of weapon, sale and arms trade, transfer, acquisition, collecting, exhibiting, accounting, storage, carrying, transportation, transportation, use, withdrawal, destruction, import of weapon to the territory of the country and export it from the country;
production of weapon - researches, development, testing, production, and also art finishing and repair of weapon, production of ammunition, cartridges and their components.
The products certified in product quality of economic and household and production appointment, the apparatuses structurally similar to weapon do not belong to weapon (daleekonstruktivno products, similar to weapon).
Weapon depending on the purposes of its use by appropriate subjects, and also on key parameters and characteristics is subdivided on:
3) fighting manual shooting and cold.
Weapon, held for use citizens of the country for the purpose of self-defense, for sports activities and hunting belongs to civil weapon. The civil firearms shall exclude firing by queues and have reservoir of shop (drum) no more than 10 cartridges.
Civil weapon is subdivided on:
1) self-defense weapon:
- fire smooth-bore long-barreled weapon, including with the cartridges of traumatic action meeting standards of the Ministry of Health of the country;
- fire acormose weapon of national production with the cartridges of traumatic, gas and light-sound action meeting standards of the Ministry of Health of the country;
- gas weapon: gas guns and revolvers, including cartridges to them, the mechanical sprayers, aerosol and other devices equipped with the tear or irritating substances allowed for use of the country by the Ministry of Health;
- the electroconvulsive devices and spark rated sportsmen of national production having the output parameters conforming to requirements of state standards and regulations of the Ministry of Health of the country;
2) sports weapon:
- fire with rifle barrel;
- fire smooth-bore;
- cold bladed;
- pneumatic with dulny energy over 3 J;
3) hunting weapon:
- fire with rifle barrel;
- fire smooth-bore, including with length of cut part no more than 140 mm;
- fire combined (cut and smooth-bore), including with replaceable and supplementary rifle barrels;
- pneumatic with dulny energy no more than 25 J;
- cold bladed;
4) alarm weapon;
5) the cold bladed weapon intended for carrying with the Cossack form, and also with national suits of the people of the country which attributes are determined by the government.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.