of March 12, 2010 No. 92-IV
This Law governs the public relations in the field of creation, revival, preserving, development, distribution and use of culture of the people of Turkmenistan; it is aimed at providing and protection of constitutional rights of citizens of Turkmenistan on participation in cultural life and access to cultural values; determines legal, economic, social and organizational basis of state policy in the field of culture.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
culture - set of the material and cultural wealth created and created by mankind and aimed at the harmonious development of the personality, fostering patriotism, forming of high moral and spiritual and moral qualities, satisfaction of esthetic requirements and interests of citizens of Turkmenistan;
cultural values - moral and esthetic ideals, regulations and examples of behavior, languages, dialects and dialects, national and ethnic traditions and customs, historical toponyms, folklore, applied national crafts, literary works and arts, results and methods of scientific research of activities in the field of culture (cultural wealth), and also the having historical and cultural importance of the building, construction, objects and technologies, unique in the historical and cultural relation of the territory and objects (material values);
art - reproduction of reality in artistic images by means of such kinds of human activities as literature, painting, graphics, sculpture, design, architecture, arts and crafts, music, the song, dance, theater, circus, cinema, television and others;
cultural heritage of the Turkmen people - the cultural values created in the past and which are of value with esthetic, welfare, historical, archaeological, architectural and other points of view significant for preserving and development of national and cultural identity of the Turkmen people;
national cultural property of Turkmenistan - the cultural values having special value for history and culture of the country, belonging only to Turkmenistan without the right of their transfer to other states;
The state register of objects of national cultural property of Turkmenistan - the list of the cultural values relating to national cultural property of Turkmenistan;
specific mode of objects of national cultural property - the measures taken by the state on preserving, content, recovery, protection and use of objects of national cultural property;
activities in the field of culture - activities of state bodies, legal entities and physical persons for creation, revival, preserving, development, distribution and use of cultural values, and also familiarizing of citizens with them;
the organizations of culture - the legal entities (the companies, organizations, the organizations) created according to the legislation of Turkmenistan whose main destination is implementation of activities in the field of culture;
the cultural worker - physical person which professional activity is connected with creation, preserving, development, distribution, use of cultural values, and also familiarizing of citizens with them;
the creative specialist - the physical person performing creative activities on professional or on nonprofessional (amateur) basis;
creative activities - the type of activity in the field of culture connected with creation of cultural values and (or) their interpretation.
1. The legislation of Turkmenistan on culture is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan regulating questions in the field of culture.
2. If international treaties of Turkmenistan establish other rules than containing in this Law, then rules of the international treaty are applied.
3. Tasks of the legislation of Turkmenistan on culture are:
1) providing and protection of constitutional right of citizens of Turkmenistan on activities in the field of culture;
2) determination of the principles of state policy in the field of culture;
3) providing open entry of citizens to cultural values;
4) determination of the principles and precepts of law governing the relations of subjects of cultural activities;
5) creation of the legal base for preserving and cultural development of the people of Turkmenistan and the legal basis of the state support of culture.
1. This Law regulates cultural activities in the following areas:
- preserving, revival, use, promoting and state protection of objects of cultural heritage of the Turkmen people;
- fiction, theatrical, musical, fine and circus art, architecture and design, photoart, other types and genres of art;
- television, cinema, radio and other audiovisual means regarding creation and distribution of cultural values;
- amateur and folk arts, folklore, club case;
- national art crafts and crafts;
- preserving, studying and representation of museum objects and museum collections, book monuments, archive documents;
- development, preserving and use of the library stocks and other information resources finding application in library science;
- production of the materials, equipment and other means necessary for preserving, creations, distribution and mastering of cultural values;
- esthetic education, art and music education, pedagogical activities, scientific research and international cultural ties and exchanges;
- other areas to which cultural values remain, created, extend and accustom.
2. The relations in the field of culture connected with implementation and protection of the rights of intellectual property items, copyright and related rights are regulated by other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.