of April 6, 2010 No. 838
About approval of the State program of tourism development in the Azerbaijan Republic in 2010-2014
For the purpose of ensuring sustainable development of the sector of tourism in the Azerbaijan Republic and transformations of tourism into one of the leading industries of national economy I decide:
1. Approve "The state program of tourism development in the Azerbaijan Republic in 2010-2014" it (is applied).
2. Coordination of execution of the measures provided by the State program noted in Item 1 of this Order to charge to the Ministry of Culture and tourism of the Azerbaijan Republic.
3. To the Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijan Republic to resolve the issues following from this Order.
President of the Azerbaijan Republic
Approved by the Order of the President of the Azerbaijan Republic of April 6, 2010 No. 838
1.1. The existing situation
Ensuring consecutive economic development by way of raising of not oil spheres is the major task facing our country during the modern period. Numerous researches show that one of the leading line items among not oil spheres on the prospects is occupied by tourism.
Today tourism is one of the business areas which are most quickly developing in planetary scale. In the world of 10 percent of internal national product, 8 percent of export fall to the share of the international tourism, nearly a third of the rendered services is performed by means of tourism. In the world of 8,1 of percent of able-bodied population are engaged in the tourist industry and economy industries connected with it.
Azerbaijan having rich historical and cultural heritage and favorable environment has big perspectives of development in the field of tourism. In our country there are ample opportunities for development of the majority of types of tourism (rural, medical and improving, ecological, cultural, social, commercial, sports, religious, special, etc.).
As a result of implementation of the State Program on tourism development in 2002 - 2005 in the Azerbaijan Republic favorable environment for tourism development is created, the foundation for ensuring its integration into the international tourist market is laid, competitiveness of national tourist complex is raised.
In Azerbaijan the business connected with accommodation of tourists dynamically develops. If in 2002 the number of the hotels operating in the country and organizations of hotel type made 94, that for last period their quantity increased by 4 times and reached the 370. The total quantity of places in comparison with 2002 increased in these objects by 3 times.
For the purpose of increase in professional training of persons working in the field of tourism in 2006 the Institute of Tourism is created, in case of it permanent rates by different professions are open, at the same time with assistance of the World Organization of Tourism and the Ministry of Culture and tourism of Turkey different educational programs are performed.
Since 2002 in Azerbaijan the international tourist exhibition will annually be organized. For the purpose of increase in value of tourism in the country, promotion of tourist potential, acquaintance with local customs and traditions, the ethnic cuisine, cultural and historical heritage the thematic printed materials (books, booklets, CD, the DVD, etc.) prepare and extend, on different television channels of the world advertizing filmlets are shown, advertized also advertizing in the new performed projects, in this direction also possibilities of the Internet and other electronic media are widely used.
As the result of the done complex work, annually grows the number of the tourists coming to the country, the network of the travel agencies operating in the country extends. Today in the republic act on the basis of the license 123 travel agencies that is 3 times more than in 2002.
At the same time, tourism development and transformation of the tourist sector into one of the leading industries of national economy is one of the major tasks facing Azerbaijan today. The social and economic rise reached in recent years in Azerbaijan creates conditions for the solution of this task to adequately new opportunities.
"The state program of tourism development in the Azerbaijan Republic in 2010-2014" (further - the State program) is prepared for the purpose of the problem resolution which tourism in the country, and ensuring further development of the sphere of tourism faced.
1.2. Purposes and tasks
The main task of the State Program is forming in Azerbaijan of the modern tourist industry meeting the high economic, social and ecological requirements and its transformation into one of the main support of development of national economy.
Achievement of this purpose implies the solution of the following tasks:
* Implementation of the purposeful activities directed to creation of tourist infrastructure in the country at the level of high international requirements;
* Forming in the field of tourism encouraged investment and business environments for the purpose of attraction to this sphere of internal and foreign investments;
* Creation of the mechanism of effective state regulation and management in the field of tourism with use of the best international practices;
* Ensuring reduction of high-quality level of the services rendered in the field of tourism in the country to international standards and increase in competitiveness of tourism of the country in the international market of tourist services.
1.3. Directions of action of the State program
The state program provides implementation of purposeful actions in the following directions:
* Enhancement of regulatory framework and state regulation machineries in the field of tourism;
* Creation of the corresponding infrastructure in tourist and recreational areas;
* Expansion of opportunities of use of tourist capacity of the country;
* Stimulation of tourist activities in all regions of the country;
* Attraction to the sphere of tourism of local and foreign investments;
* Development of different types of tourism, creation of new tourist routes;
* Preparation and application of advanced methods and standards for the purpose of improvement of quality of tourist services;
* Expansion of network of hotels and other companies of tourist servicing;
* Enhancement of system of personnel preparation and advanced training in the field of tourism, implementation of target educational projects in foreign states;
* Promotion of national and historical, cultural and spiritual heritage of Azerbaijan, national customs and traditions in the world, the edition and distribution of the materials reflecting history of certain regions and cities, application of modern information and communication technologies;
* Encouragement of production and sale of products of national crafts and souvenirs;
* expansion of international cooperation in the field of tourism development.
1.4. Financing of the State program
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.