of June 16, 2009
State members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization,
being deeply concerned about escalation of terrorism which poses threat to international peace and safety, territorial integrity of the states, to development of friendship between the states, and also to implementation of basic rights and human freedoms,
being guided by the purposes and the principles of Articles of organization of the United Nations and Charters of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization of June 7, 2002,
developing provisions of the Shanghai Convention on fight against terrorism, separatism and extremism of June 15, 2001, the Concept of cooperation of state members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization in fight against terrorism, separatism and extremism of July 5, 2005,
recognizing that the crimes covered by this Convention under no circumstances cannot be justified, and the physical persons and legal entities guilty of making of such acts and (or) involved in their making, shall be made responsible,
considering the changes which happened in terrorism content, scales and nature of acts of terrorism and importance of enhancing cooperation,
understanding need of building-up of efforts against terrorism and again confirming that all measures for the prevention of terrorism and fight against it shall be accepted in case of respect for supremacy of law and democratic values, basic rights and human freedoms, and also rules of international law,
realizing that only common efforts it is possible to achieve the effective prevention of terrorism and fight against it,
agreed as follows:
This Convention consists for the purpose of increase in efficiency of cooperation against terrorism.
1. For the purposes of this Convention, the terms and concepts used in it mean:
1) "Party" - the State Party of this Convention;
2) "terrorism" - ideology of violence and practice of impact on decision making by authorities or international organizations by making or the threat of making of the violent and (or) other criminal acts connected with intimidation of the population and directed to damnification of the personality, to society and the state;
3) "act of terrorism" - the act connected with intimidation of the population and creating danger of life and to health of the person, directed to causing significant property damage, or approach of environmental disaster or other heavy consequences for achievement of political, religious, ideological and other goals by impact on decision making by authorities or international organizations, and also threat of making of the specified actions;
4) "terrorist organization":
a) the criminal group, illegal armed group, gang, criminal society created for making of crimes and (or) committing the crimes covered by this Convention;
b) the legal entity, from name, on specifying or for the benefit of which planning, the organization, preparation and making at least of one of the crimes covered by this Convention is performed;
5) "legal entity" - the organization which is created and performs activities according to the procedure, established by the national legal system of the Parties.
2. This Article does not cause damage to any international treaty or the national legal system of the either party which contain or may contain regulations on broader application of the terms and concepts used in this Article.
This Convention is applied in case identification, the prevention and investigation of the crimes covered by this Convention affect jurisdiction more than one Party.
The parties perform the rights and obligations according to this Convention according to the principles of sovereign equality, territorial integrity of the states and non-interference to internal affairs of other states.
1. The parties take necessary measures to establish the jurisdiction concerning the crimes covered by this Convention if:
1) the crime is committed in the territory of this Party;
2) the crime is committed onboard the vessel under the flag of this Party or onboard the aircraft registered according to the laws of this Party;
3) the crime is committed by the citizen of this Party.
2. Each Party can also establish the jurisdiction concerning the crimes covered by this Convention if:
1) the crime was directed or led to making of act of terrorism in the territory or concerning the citizen of this Party;
2) the crime was directed or led to making of act of terrorism concerning object of this Party abroad, including premises of diplomatic representations and consular establishments;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.