of June 17, 1999 No. 60
About mental health services and guarantees of the rights of citizens in case of its rendering
Accepted by General Court of Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on May 25, 1999
The preamble voided according to the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic of 20.02.2017 No. 29
1. Mental health services include inspection of mental health of citizens on the bases and according to the procedure, the established this Law and other laws of the Kyrgyz Republic, prevention, diagnostics of mental disturbances, treatment, leaving, medico-social resettlement of persons suffering from mental disturbances.
2. Mental health services to persons suffering from mental disturbances are guaranteed by the state and performed on the basis of the principles of legality, mercy, humanity and observance of rights and freedoms of man and citizen.
This Law determines legal, social, economic and organizational basis in the sphere of mental health services to the population, and also guarantee of the rights of citizens in case of its rendering.
1. The legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic on mental health services consists of this Law, other regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic and come in the procedure established by the law into force of international treaties which participant is the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. To legislative and other regulatory legal acts the rights of citizens provided by this Law and guarantee of their observance when rendering mental health services to them cannot be limited.
1. This Law extends to citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic when rendering mental health services to them and is applied to all organizations and persons giving mental health services in the territory of the republic.
2. The foreign citizens and stateless persons which are in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic when rendering mental health services to them have all rights established by this Law on an equal basis with citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic.
1. Mental health services are given in case of the voluntary address of person or from its consent, except as specified, provided by this Law.
2. To the minor aged up to 18 years, and also to person recognized in the procedure established by the law incapacitated mental health services are given at request or with the consent of their legal representatives according to the procedure, provided by this Law.
2. All persons suffering from mental disturbances when rendering mental health services to them have the right:
- on the valid and humane relation excluding humiliation of human dignity;
- on receipt of information on the rights, and also in form, available to them, and taking into account their mental condition of information on nature of the mental disturbances which are available for them and the applied treatment methods;
- on mental health services in the least restrictive conditions, whenever possible - at the place of residence;
- on content in psychiatric hospital only during the term necessary for inspection and treatment;
- on all types of treatment (including sanatorium) on medical indications in the absence of contraindications;
- on rendering mental health services in the conditions conforming to sanitary and hygienic requirements;
- on prior consent and refusal at any stage of use as object of testing of medical means and methods, scientific research or educational process, from photo video or filmings;
- on the invitation according to their requirement of any specialist participating in rendering mental health services with the consent of the last, for work in the medical commission on the questions regulated by this Law;
- to the aid the lawyer, the legal representative or the other person according to the procedure, established by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
3. Restriction of the rights and freedoms of persons suffering from mental disturbances only based on the psychiatric diagnosis, the stay facts under dispensary observation, in psychiatric hospital or in psychoneurological organization for social security or special training is not allowed. The officials guilty of similar violations bear responsibility according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.