of January 30, 2010 No. 120
About approval of the Doctrine of food security of the Russian Federation
For the purpose of realization of the state economic policy in the field of ensuring food security of the Russian Federation aimed at reliable providing the population of the country with food, development of domestic agro-industrial and fishery complexes, rapid response to internal and external threats of stability of the food market, effective participation in international cooperation in the sphere of food security I decide:
1. Approve the enclosed Doctrine of food security of the Russian Federation.
2. To the government of the Russian Federation:
develop and approve the actions plan on realization of provisions of the Doctrine of food security of the Russian Federation;
provide annually preparation of the reports to the President of the Russian Federation containing the analysis, assessment and the forecast of food security of the Russian Federation.
3. To federal bodies of the government and public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation to be guided by provisions of the Doctrine of food security of the Russian Federation in practical activities and in case of development of the regulatory legal acts concerning ensuring food security of the Russian Federation.
President of the Russian Federation
Approved by the Presidential decree of the Russian Federation of January 30, 2010 No. 120
1. This Doktrina represents set of official views of the purposes, tasks and main directions of the state economic policy in the field of ensuring food security of the Russian Federation.
In this Doctrine provisions of Strategy of homeland security of the Russian Federation till 2020 approved by the Presidential decree of the Russian Federation of May 12, 2009 N 537, concerning food security of the Russian Federation develop, regulations of the Sea doctrine of the Russian Federation for the period till 2020 approved by the President of the Russian Federation on July 27, 2001 and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation in this area are considered.
2. Food security of the Russian Federation (daleeprodovolstvenny safety) is one of the main directions of ensuring national security of the country in the medium term, factor of preserving its statehood and sovereignty, the most important component of population policy, necessary sales term of strategic national priority - improvement of quality of life of the Russian citizens by guaranteeing high standards of life support.
According to provisions of Strategy of homeland security of the Russian Federation till 2020 national interests of the state for long-term outlook consist including in increase in competitiveness of national economy, transformation of the Russian Federation into the world power which activities are directed to maintenance of strategic stability and mutually advantageous partnership in the conditions of the multipolar world.
Strategic objective of food security is providing the population of the country with safe agricultural products, fish and other products from water bioresources (daleerybny products) and food. Guarantee of its achievement is stability of internal production, and also availability of necessary reserves and inventories.
3. The main objectives of ensuring food security irrespective of change of external and internal conditions are:
timely forecasting, identification and prevention of internal and external threats of food security, minimization of their negative consequences due to permanent readiness of system of providing citizens with foodstuff, forming of strategic inventories of foodstuff;
sustainable development of national production of food and raw materials sufficient for ensuring food independence of the country;
achievement and maintenance of physical and economic availability to each citizen of the country of safe foodstuff in amounts and assortment which meet the established rational standards of consumption of the foodstuff necessary for active and healthy lifestyle;
safety of foodstuff.
4. This Doctrine is basis for development of regulatory legal acts in the sphere of ensuring food security, development of agro-industrial and fishery complexes.
This Doktrina considers recommendations of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations about limiting share of import and inventories of food resources, and also determines the basic concepts used in the sphere of ensuring food security.
5. Food independence Russian Federatsiiustoychivy national production of foodstuff in amounts is at least established threshold values of its specific weight in commodity resources of the domestic market of the corresponding products.
Food security of the Russian Federation - state of the economy of the country in case of which food independence of the Russian Federation is provided, is guaranteed physical and economic availability to each citizen of the country of the foodstuff conforming to requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation about technical regulation in amounts it is at least rational regulations of consumption of the foodstuff necessary for active and healthy lifestyle.
Indicator of food security - the quantity or quality characteristic of condition of food security allowing to estimate extent of its achievement on the basis of the accepted criteria.
Criterion of food security - quantitative or high-quality threshold value of sign on which assessment of extent of ensuring food security is carried out.
Rational regulations of consumption of foodstuff - the diet presented in the form of set of products including foodstuff in the amounts and ratios answering to the modern scientific principles of optimum food, considering the developed structure and traditions of food of the majority of the population.
Economic availability of food - possibility of acquisition of foodstuff at the developed prices in amounts and assortment which there are at least established rational regulations of consumption, provided with appropriate level of the income of the population.
Physical availability of food - the level of development of goods distribution infrastructure in case of which in all settlements of the country the possibility of acquisition with the population of foodstuff or catering services in amounts and assortment which there are at least established rational regulations of consumption of foodstuff is provided.
6. Proceeding from requirements of food independence the main sources of foodstuff are products of agricultural, forest, fish, hunting industry, and also food industry. The determining role in ensuring food security is played rural by both fishery and the food industry.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.