of May 26, 1997 No. ZR-112
About ensuring unity of measurements in the Republic of Armenia
This Law establishes the legal basis of ensuring unity of measurements in the Republic of Armenia, competences and responsibility of participants of ensuring unity of measurements, and also regulations of protection of interests of the state and the rights of consumers.
1. In the Republic of Armenia the relations connected with ensuring unity of measurements are regulated by this Law and other legal acts.
2. If international treaties of the Republic of Armenia establish other regulations than provided by this Law, then regulations of international treaties are applied.
1. Metrology - science about measurements, about methods of ensuring their unity and means of their accomplishment, and also about methods of achievement of required accuracy.
2. The legislative metrology is component of the metrology including the interconnected and interdependent general rules, requirements and regulations which are aimed at providing unity of measurements are regulated legislatively and are controlled by the state.
The main objectives of metrology are providing:
a) unities, required accuracy and reliability of measurements;
b) elimination of technical obstacles in case of international cooperation;
c) unities of units of sizes and metrological terminology.
1. National system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements (daleenatsionalny system) - set of regulating documents on ensuring unity of measurements (further - regulating documents), the subjects providing unity of technical means, relations between them.
2. Activities of national system are regulated by the regulating documents developed and accepted in accordance with the established procedure.
3. Technical means of activities of national system are:
a) standards of units of sizes;
b) measuring instruments;
c) techniques of accomplishment of measurements;
d) standard samples;
e) standard details
4. Participants of ensuring unity of measurements are:
a) the state authorized body on standardization, metrology and certification (further - authorized body);
b) metrological services of other state bodies and business entities.
1. Ensuring unity of measurements is activities of authorized body and metrological services of other state bodies, business entities for achievement of unity of measurements and its observance according to the metrological regulations and rules established by regulating documents.
2. Ensuring unity of measurements in the Republic of Armenia is performed by authorized body, the state other bodies and business entities - within the competence.
State bodies and business entities for ensuring unity of measurements and required accuracy can create metrological services.
Regulating documents on ensuring unity of measurements are:
a) the interstate, international standards, meteorological rules and regulations applied in accordance with the established procedure;
b) national standards;
d) techniques of check, certification of measuring instruments, accomplishment of measurements.
1. Size unit standard - the measuring instrument approved in accordance with the established procedure to which reproduction, storage of unit of size and transfer of its size to measuring instruments is provided.
2. In the Republic of Armenia for reproduction, storages of the sizes of units of sizes and transfer of their sizes to measuring instruments of these sizes initial are standards of units of sizes and standard measuring instruments.
3. Standards are stored, used and applied according to the regulating documents existing in the Republic of Armenia.
1. Measuring instrument is the technical device having normative metrological characteristics which determines the price of the sizes expressed in units applied in the Republic of Armenia.
2. Measuring instruments shall conform to the requirements distributed to them established by regulating and operational documents and to provide the necessary accuracy of accomplishment of measurements.
3. The measuring instruments produced and introduced into circulation are subject to certification according to the laws of the Republic of Armenia and other legal acts.
1. The technique of accomplishment of measurements establishes method of measurements, technical means, rules of accomplishment of measurements, and also procedure for processing and calculation of results of measurements.
2. The techniques established by this Law used in the sphere of the state metrological supervision and control are subject to metrological certification.
1. The standard sample is measure which is used for check of measuring instrument, assessment of its accuracy, and also in case of determination of value of the sizes determining technical characteristics of structure, property of substance.
2. Standard details are the data based on special researches and measurements of high accuracy, characterizing properties of sizes.
1. In the Republic of Armenia units of sizes and scale of measurements of the International System of Units accepted by the International general conference on measures and scales, and recommended by the International organization of legislative metrology are applied.
Unit of size is means of quantitative expression of size of the same dimension.
The scale of measurements is the ordered sequence of the measurements of values of size or property accepted based on results.
The name, designation of units of sizes, scales of measurements, rules of their application establishes the Government of the Republic of Armenia.
2. In the Republic of Armenia except units of sizes of the International System of Units the stand-alone units of sizes allowed by the Government of the Republic of Armenia can be applied. In case of application of the last their ratio with units of sizes of the International System of Units is established.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.