of January 7, 2004 No. ZR-3
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on December 17, 2003
1. This Law governs the relations connected with activities for the organization of lotteries and also establishes the state control of it.
2. Operation of this Law does not extend to advertizing lotteries.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) lottery - public action during which the organizer holds draw of prize fund of lottery between participants at the same time prizes do not depend on its actions and will, and are result only of accident;
2) no-draw lottery - lottery in which it is possible to determine the fact of prize of the ticket directly after its acquisition;
3) drawing lottery - lottery in which the fact of prize of the ticket is established after its acquisition and holding draw of prize fund;
4) the combined lottery - lottery in which it is possible to determine the fact of prize of the lottery ticket as directly after its acquisition, and after its acquisition and holding draw of prize fund;
5) totalizator - (further - also lottery) - game which participant guesses possible option of game, sports, socially important situation at the same time the prize is caused by partial or complete coincidence of the forecast to the come true fact. In sense of this Law the organization of totalizator is considered also independently, or as the order confided under the agreement, as the broker under the commission agreement, as the agency agreement agent, as the guarantor according to the guarantee agreement, as the representative (including commercial) based on the power of attorney, and also being the commercial intermediary, or any, any method the authorized person (further – the organizer of Internet totalizator), creation (any method provision of the right) according to social or other contracts or without them, opportunity to the participant to participate in totalizator directly (in the game hall) and (or) by means of the Internet or any similar global system and any coordinate network communications (further Internet totalizator), except for services of data transmission by means of network of land mobile communication and (or) interactive draws by means of short messages;
6) advertizing lottery - the lottery organized for the purpose of advertizing of services or goods at the same time the prize fund is completely created by the net profit created by the advertiser as a result of its activities for previous year and cannot exceed 8 percent from revenue received from realization of these goods or service in previous year. If the prize fund is not created by the advertiser completely by the net profit created as a result of its activities for previous year, and it exceeds 8 percent from revenue received from realization of these goods or service in previous year, then these activities are considered as activities for the organization of lottery;
7) the organization of lotteries - process of the organization and holding draw, issue of prizes (in case of the drawing or combined lotteries - also holding draw of prize fund);
7. 1) executive positions – the head of executive body of the organizer, the head or the responsible of division of the internal control which is engaged in prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism;
7. 2) the real beneficiary – the real beneficiary established by the Law of the Republic of Armenia "About anti-money laundering and terrorism financing";
7. 3) the member of the same family – the father, mother, the spouse, the spouse's parents, the grandmother, the grandfather, the sister, the brother, children;
7. 4) essential participation – 10 and more percent of participation in the authorized capital of the organizer;
8) the lottery ticket - the data carrier necessary for determination according to this Law and conditions of lottery of the fact of recognition of the ticket advantageous or nonwinning and being also the agreement signed between the organizer and the participant. At the same time in totalizator official record on paper, the magnetic carrier or other electronic equipment can carry out role of the lottery ticket;
9) the extinguished ticket - the unrealized lottery ticket which underwent the procedure specified in article 6 of this Law and is punched or corner of which is cut off in such a way that number, series, number of circulation and the fields of the ticket participating in draw are not damaged;
10) the participant of lottery - the owner of the lottery ticket (the property right to the lottery ticket is granted by the principle "to bearer");
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.