of September 15, 2000 No. 22
About practice of court by hearing of cases on administrative offenses
(as of June 14, 2002)
Article 20 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan proclaims that implementation of the rights and freedoms by citizens shall not violate legitimate interests, the rights and freedoms citizens shall not violate legitimate interests, the rights and freedoms of other persons, the state and society. Proceeding from this constitutional regulation courts by hearing of cases about administrative offenses concerning persons who action or failure to act encroach on the personality of the right and freedoms of citizens, the property, the state and public order, the environment is generally correctly applied the legislation on the administrative responsibility.
At the same time, by preparation of cases of this category for consideration and judicial trial courts in some cases allow violations of the law.
In particular, they do not pay due attention to questions of adherence to deadlines of administrative prosecution, creation of protocols by bodies (officials) who do not have such rights or their registration with violation of the requirement of the law.
For the purpose of elimination of the mistakes and shortcomings which are available in court practice, and also permission of the arisen questions, the Plenum of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
1. Draw the attention of judges to need of strict observance of requirements of the law by hearing of cases on administrative offenses, to respect for the principles of equality of citizens before the law, democratism, humanity, justice and inevitability of responsibility.
2. Judges in case of acceptance to the proceedings about administrative offenses shall observe requirements of article 245 of the Code about the administrative responsibility (further in tekstekoao).
3. By preparation for consideration of the case the judge should resolve issues, stipulated in Article 303 KOAO of administrative offense.
4. In case of incompetence of case on administrative offense this force or the direction it with violation of requirements of article 282 KOAO, it returns to body (official) who constituted the administrative report or issued the decree on initiation of proceedings on administrative offense, the motivated letter of the judge. Time spent for elimination of the revealed defects does not stop current of the terms established by articles 36 and 305 KOAO for consideration of the case about the administrative responsibility and applications of administrative punishment.
5. Contents of the protocol on administrative offense and the resolution on initiation of administrative proceedings shall conform to requirements of article 281 KOAO. In cases when the protocol is constituted or the decree on initiation of administrative proceedings is issued by the inadequate official, in it are not specified time of making and being of administrative offense, the regulation providing responsibility for this offense, or person made responsible is not informed of case papers, or it in the procedure provided by KOAO is not handed the copy of the protocol or the resolution and also if the rights, stipulated in Article 249 KOAO are not explained to it, the judge returns the protocol or the resolution to the relevant organ or the official who constituted it for remedial action.
6. When considering the case about administrative offense the judge shall take measures to ensuring right of defense of person brought to the administrative responsibility according to requirements of article 249 KOAO.
Person brought to the administrative responsibility having the right gets acquainted with case papers, to offer explanations, produces the evidence, to declare petitions, when considering the case to use legal aid of the lawyer, to act in the native language and to use translation service, to appeal the resolution on case.
Obligation prove making of administrative offense by the particular person it is assigned to bodies (officials) who constituted the protocol on administrative offense. Therefore brought to the administrative responsibility, having right of defense, can prove the innocence, but it is not its obligation. Violation of right of defense of person brought to the administrative responsibility can form the basis for cancellation of the resolution on imposing of administrative punishment.
7. For the purpose of objective and impartial consideration of the case about administrative offense shall be considered in the presence of person brought to the administrative responsibility. In lack of this face case can be considered only in cases when there are data on the modern notice on the place and time of consideration of the case if from it the petition for case adjournment did not arrive, or in case of its consent cases are not considered (the judge about it shall motivate in the resolution on case).
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.