of November 1, 1994 No. ZR-121
About protection of atmospheric air
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on October 11, 1994
Atmospheric air is one of the basic vital elements of the surrounding environment.
Proceeding from interests of the present and future generations, the Republic of Armenia holds evidence-based events which purpose it is to warn and eliminate pollution of atmospheric air, other harmful effects on it, and also performs international cooperation in the field of protection of atmospheric air.
Subject of the Law of the Republic of Armenia "About protection of atmospheric air" is regulation of the public relations in the field of ensuring purity of atmospheric air, decrease and prevention of harmful effects on atmospheric air.
Questions of protection of atmospheric air in the Republic of Armenia are regulated by this Law, international treaties of the Republic of Armenia and other legal acts of the Republic of Armenia.
In the Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) the atmosphere – the gas cover surrounding the planet Earth which lower bound adjoins to surface of the water and the land and extends to near-earth space;
2) atmospheric air – component of the environment which is natural mix of the gases constituting the atmosphere and is out of residential, production and other types of buildings;
3) harmful effects – impact on atmospheric air of emissions of hazardous substances and harmful physical impact;
4) the contaminating (harmful) substance – chemical or biological substance or such mix of substances which is present at atmospheric air and which, in case of certain concentration, makes harmful effects on health of the person and the environment;
5) pollution of atmospheric air - penetration of the contaminating (harmful) substances into atmospheric air or their education in it in such concentration which exceed threshold limit values of the substances contaminating atmospheric air;
6) harmful physical impact on atmospheric air – harmful effects of noise, vibration, ionizing radiation, thermal and other physical factors owing to which thermal, energy, wave, radioactive and other physical properties of atmospheric air can change, influencing health of the person and the environment;
7) adverse weather conditions – weather conditions which promote accumulating of hazardous substances in near-earth layer of the atmosphere;
8) the emission source - processing equipment or object of which the contaminating (harmful) substance is thrown out (gets) into atmospheric air;
9) stationary source of pollution – the source with organized or unorganized emission deployed in unchangeable territorial provision;
10) mobile source of emission – the emission source changing territorial location;
11) monitoring (observation) of atmospheric air – process of observation, assessment and studying of condition of atmospheric air, its structure and the natural phenomena occurring in it, and also impurities of atmospheric air, physical impacts on the atmosphere;
12) threshold limit value (density) of the substances contaminating atmospheric air – that extreme concentration of separate pollutant in atmospheric air in case of which not exceeding this substance, in case of direct or indirect penetration, does not make negative impact on health of the person and the natural and anthropogenous environment in sense of this Law;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.