of November 5, 2009 No. 1710-VI
About border control
This Law determines the legal basis of implementation of border control, procedure for its implementation, condition of crossing of frontier of Ukraine.
1. In this Law the terms below are used in the following value:
1) baggage - the things of passengers, crew members transported by the vehicle according to the agreement with carrier;
2) load - property, except baggage, and also onboard supplies (for air, ocean and river crafts), transported by vehicles;
3) the visa - the permission necessary for entrance to the territory of Ukraine provided by authorized body of Ukraine in the form established by the legislation or for transit through its territory during the corresponding term;
4) crew - person (persons) to whom, (which) in the procedure established by the legislation fulfillment of duties on management sea, river or the aircraft and to its servicing is entrusted;
5) telecommunication - transfer, radiation and/or acceptance of signs, signals, the written text, images and sounds or messages on radio, wire, optical or other electromagnetic systems;
6) control of the second line - measure for additional studying of availability of legal causes for crossing of frontier of Ukraine (further - frontier) persons, vehicles and movements of loads through it;
7) regulatory authorities and services - the state bodies and services performing the checks of level of ionizing radiation provided by the law, phytosanitary, veterinary health control, the state control of compliance with law about foodstuff, sterns, by-products of animal origin, health and wellbeing of the animals who are carried out according to the legislation of Ukraine;
8) control of the first line - measure for check in minimum necessary amount for the purpose of determination of availability of legal causes for crossing of frontier by persons, vehicles and movement of loads through it;
9) the cruise ship - the vessel moving along certain route according to previously determined program of tourist servicing in ports for traffic route;
10) examination of vehicles and loads - complex of actions and measures for non-admission of cases of illicit movement through frontier of persons with use of the equipped hiding places and to their identification, and also illicit movement, including with use of hiding places, through frontier of weapon, the drugs, psychotropic substances and precursors, ammunition, explosives, materials and objects prohibited for movement through frontier, to identification of the stolen vehicles;
11) risks assessment - activities which are made by officials of the State Border Service of Ukraine, directed to establishment of probability of violation by person of the legislation in the field of safety of frontier;
12) the passport document - the document issued by authorized state bodies of Ukraine or other state or the authorized organizations UN confirming nationality proving the bearer's identity granting the right to entrance or departure from the state and recognized by Ukraine;
13) carrier - any physical person or legal entity performing on commercial basis or for own means activities for transportation of passengers or (and) loads through frontier;
14) verification of documents - research authorized officials of the State Border Service of Ukraine passport and other documents of the physical persons crossing frontier for the purpose of establishment of their reality and accessory to the corresponding person, and also research on results of risks assessment of the documents concerning vehicles, loads;
15) division of protection of frontier - the division of body of protection of frontier of the State Border Service of Ukraine which is specially intended for accomplishment of tasks on border control and (or) protection of frontier;
16) supporting documents - the documents confirming the fact of tourist servicing, training, training, employment, treatment in Ukraine, bookings or payment of the dwelling, food in Ukraine and returns to the state of the nationality or the permanent residence or to the third state (in case of need - other documents confirming the purpose and conditions of stay in Ukraine);
17) the representative of shipowner (marine agent) - the subject of business activity, the representative of the agency organization who according to the agreement of sea agency service for remuneration provides services to the ship master on fulfillment of duties, connected with crossing of frontier;
18) inshore fishing - the fishery performed by means of fishing vessels which return daily or within 36 hours without coming into ports of other states, into the port located in the territory of Ukraine;
19) the mode at check points through state granitsuporyadok of stay and movement of all persons and vehicles within the territory of the border railway and automobile stations, sea and river ports, airports and airfields open for the international message, and also implementation of other activities connected with the omission through frontier of persons, vehicles and loads which is established by the order of the chief of body of protection of frontier approved with the head of customs authority and the director in the territory of whom the check point through frontier is placed;
20) stay term in the territory of Ukraine - the term determined by the visa, the legislation of Ukraine or international treaties of Ukraine during which the foreigner or the stateless person can on legal causes be in Ukraine;
21) the muster roll - the document in which data on quantity and structure of crew are specified: surname and name of the crew member, nationality, rank or position, birth date and birth place, type and document number proving the identity, port and date of departure (arrival), and also the name of the vessel, the state and port of registration;
22) the cross-border worker - the person working at the territory of one state, living in the territory of other state to which returns at least weekly;
23) the vehicle - the mechanical device intended for transportation of people and (or) loads, and also the special equipment installed on it or mechanisms;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.