Unofficial translation. (c) Soyuzpravoinform LLC
of July 5, 1995
(In edition of the Laws of the Republic of Armenia of 27.11.2005, 06.12.2015)
The Armenian people, based on the fundamental principles of the Armenian statehood and the national purposes enshrined in the Declaration on independence of Armenia, having performed sacred precept of the freedom-loving ancestors about recovery of sovereign statehood, being committed to case of strengthening and development of the Homeland for ensuring freedom, general welfare, civil consent for descendants, confirming the fidelity to universal values, accepts the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia.
The Republic of Armenia – the sovereign, democratic, social, constitutional state.
The power in the Republic of Armenia belongs to the people.
The people perform the power by means of free elections, referenda, and also through the state bodies provided by the Constitution, local government bodies and officials.
Usurpation of the power by any organization or the personality is crime.
1. In the Republic of Armenia the person is the supreme value. Inaliennable advantage of the person is the integral basis of its rights and freedoms.
3. The public power is limited to the basic rights and freedoms of man and citizen which are directly the law in force.
The government is performed according to the Constitution and the laws
– on the basis of separation and balance of the legislative, executive and judicial authorities.
1. The constitution has the highest legal force.
2. The laws shall correspond to the constitutional laws, and subordinate regulatory legal acts – to the constitutional laws and the laws.
3. In case of contradiction between regulations of the international treaties ratified by the Republic of Armenia, and the laws of the Republic of Armenia regulations of international treaties are applied.
1. State bodies and local government bodies and officials are competent to perform only such operations on which they are authorized by the Constitution and the laws.
2. The bodies provided by the Constitution on the basis of the Constitution and the laws and for the purpose of ensuring their implementation can be authorized by the law on acceptance of subordinate regulatory legal acts. Authorizing norms shall correspond to the principle of legal definiteness.
3. The laws and subordinate regulatory legal acts become effective after their publication according to the procedure, established by the law.
Elections to National Assembly and local government boards, and also referenda are held on the basis of general, equal, free and direct suffrage by secret vote.
In the Republic of Armenia the right to property is recognized and protected.
In the Republic of Armenia freedom of economic activity and the free economic competition are guaranteed.
In the Republic of Armenia local self-government as one of essential basic principles of democracy is guaranteed.
1. The Republic of Armenia is recognized and all patterns of ownership are similarly protected.
2. Subsoil and water resources are exclusive property of the state.
1. The state stimulates protection, improvement and recovery of the environment, rational use of natural resources, being guided by the principle of sustainable development and taking into account responsibility to future generations.
2. Everyone shall show care of environmental protection.
The foreign policy of the Republic of Armenia is performed on the basis of international law for the purpose of establishment of good-neighbourhood, mutually beneficial relations with all states.
1. Armed forces of the Republic of Armenia provide protection, safety, territorial integrity and immunity of borders of the Republic of Armenia.
2. Armed forces of the Republic of Armenia observe neutrality in political affairs and are under civil control.
3. Each citizen shall participate in the procedure established by the law in protection of the Republic of Armenia.
1. The state stimulates cultural development, science and education.
2. Armenian and the Armenian cultural heritage are under guardianship and protection of the state.
Family as natural and basic cell of society, basis of preserving and reproduction of the population, and also motherhood and the childhood are under special protection and special protection of the state.
1. In the Republic of Armenia freedom of activities of the religious organizations is guaranteed.
2. The religious organizations are separated the state.
1. The Republic of Armenia recognizes the exclusive mission of the Armenian Apostolic Sacred Church as national church in spiritual life of the Armenian people, in development of its national culture and preserving its national originality.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.