of May 25, 1996 No. ZR-55
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on April 30, 1996
1. This Law determines the legal basis of creation and distribution of advertizing in the territory of the Republic of Armenia and is intended:
a) provide the necessary conditions for creation and distribution of advertizing corresponding to interests of the public, consumers of advertizing, advertisers, advertisement producers, advertizing media;
b) prevent distribution by means of advertizing of unreliable information which can do harm to legal entities and physical persons, their honor, advantage, goodwill and interests of citizens;
c) prevent introduction of legal entities and physical persons in delusion by means of advertizing if the question concerns quality, nature, method and the place of production, consumer features, sales terms and other signs of goods, works, services (further - goods), and also the advertiser's rights;
d) prevent distribution of the advertizing containing disrespectful comparisons with other goods, and also the rights and provision of legal entities and physical persons;
e) prevent distribution of the advertizing encroaching on social values and generally accepted standards of morality.
2. This Law acts on all territory of the Republic of Armenia irrespective of nationality and the place of residence of participants of the arisen relations.
3. This Law is effective also concerning legal entities and physical persons of the Republic of Armenia which the actions made outside the Republic of Armenia by means of advertizing promoted competition restriction, false representation of the legal entities and physical persons operating in the territory of the Republic of Armenia or led to other negative effects in the goods market of the Republic of Armenia.
4. This Law does not govern the relations connected with political advertizing.
5. This Law does not extend to the declarations of physical persons which are not connected with implementation of business activity.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
advertizing - distribution by means of different media of data on legal entities or physical persons, goods, the ideas or undertakings among the indefinite group of people which is recognized to create or to maintain interest in the this physical persons or legal entities, goods or undertakings;
unfair advertizing - advertizing, during the order which productions and distribution are bypassed prohibitions and the restrictions set by the current legislation;
obviously false advertizing - form of unfair advertizing by means of which the advertiser, the advertisement producer or advertizing medium purposely mislead consumers of advertizing;
counter-advertizing - the advertizing form performed for the purpose of elimination at the consumer of wrong representations owing to unfair advertizing by confutation of unfair advertizing and recovery of the real facts;
the advertiser - the legal entity or physical person providing the ad info for the purpose of production, placement and distribution of advertizing;
the advertisement producer - legal entity or physical person which directly carries out services in advertizing production;
advertizing medium - the legal entity or physical person placing and extending advertizing by provision of appropriate means;
the consumer of advertizing - legal entity or physical person to which advertizing is carried and which is exposed to the corresponding advertisement impact;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.