of October 9, 2001 No. ZR-225
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on September 12, 2001
1. The referendum (national vote, further - referendum) is direct participation of the people in implementation of the power by means of adoption of the Constitution or introduction in it of changes, adoption of the laws, and also detection of public opinion on the most important questions of the state life.
2. The referendum is held in all territory of the Republic of Armenia.
1. The referendum is held on the basis of general, equal, direct suffrage by secret vote. Each citizen has the right of one voice.
2. Participation in referendum is free. Control of declaration of will of citizens is forbidden.
1. Citizens of the Republic of Armenia on the date of holding referendum the reached 18 years – according to the procedure, established by the Electoral code of the Republic of Armenia for participation in nation-wide elections can participate in referendum.
3. The citizens recognized by a court decision incapacitated, and also convicts to imprisonment and serving sentence in criminal and executive organization according to the court verdict which took legal effect cannot participate in referendum.
4. The military personnel who is on obligatory compulsory military service or the taking place training sessions, detainees or the arrested persons, and also citizens who are not staying on the registry in the Republic of Armenia participates in the referendum according to the procedure established by the Electoral code of the Republic of Armenia for nation-wide elections.
5. Outside the territory of the Republic of Armenia the referendum will be organized according to the procedure, established by the Electoral code of the Republic of Armenia for nation-wide elections in which the citizens having under the Electoral code the participation right in nation-wide elections can take part.
1. Questions of adoption of the Constitution or the changes made to it, of adoption of the laws, and also detection of public opinion on the most important questions of the state life can be submitted for referendum.
2. Cannot be submitted for referendum:
a) the questions concerning change of Articles 1, 2 and 114 Constitutions;
b) questions of prolongation or reducing term of office of the incumbent president of the Republic and the operating National Assembly, and also the operating state bodies and the operating local government bodies;
c) the questions concerning the rights, freedoms and obligations of man and citizen, cancellation or restriction of the constitutional guarantees providing their implementation, and also which are directly carried by the Constitution to exclusive competence of state bodies and local government bodies.
1. The referendum cannot be held in case of vacancy of position of the President of the Republic of Armenia - to assumption of office of the newly elected President, the announcement of emergency or warlike situation in the territory covering more than one third of the population of the Republic of Armenia and also in two-month time after cancellation in the Republic of Armenia of emergency or warlike situation.
2. Holding repeated referendum within one year from the moment of official publication of results of referendum on the same question is not allowed or on question with identical content.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.