Approved by the Order of the Chairman of Committee on nuclear power of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources of the Republic of Kazakhstan of November 5, 2008 No. 88-pr
1. The presents "Methodical instructions for informing, investigation and accounting of violations in work of research nuclear installations" (further - Methodical instructions) are developed based on the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan "About use of atomic energy" and "About radiation safety of the population" for the purpose of establishment of single approach to procedure for informing, investigation and accounting of violations in work of research nuclear installations (further - IYaU).
2. These Methodical instructions extend to IYaU put into operation, operated and taken out of service.
3. These Methodical instructions:
1) is established by categories of violations;
2) is determined by content and procedure for information transfer and the requirement to the reporting on violations;
3) determine procedure for investigation and accounting of violations;
4. These Methodical instructions do not extend:
1) much informing, investigation and accounting of violations in case of transportation of nuclear materials, radioactive materials and radioactive waste outside the IYaU platforms;
2) much informing, investigation and accounting of violations on ensuring physical protection on IYaU;
5. Investigation of violations in work of IYaU which are followed or caused by the fire and (or) building collapses and constructions of IYaU is conducted taking into account requirements of the operating regulatory legal acts for conducting inquiry for cases on the fires and (or) regulating documents on investigation of building collapses and constructions.
6. Investigation of the accidents which happened to workers (personnel) owing to violations in work of IYaU is conducted according to requirements of regulating documents for investigation of labor accidents.
7. Informing purposes:
1) receipt of necessary data concerning violations in work of IYaU for decrease in risks and mitigation of the consequences of violations;
2) decision making on implementation of actions for mitigation of consequences of violations,
3) informing personnel and the population in case of threat of radiation and environmental pollution.
8. Investigation purposes:
1) determination of origins of initial event, ways of its course, effects and category of violation;
2) decision making and actions for mitigation of consequences of violations;
3) decision making about increase in safety of IYaU;
4) statistical recording of violations;
9. In Methodical specifying the following terms and determinations are used:
1) the Research Nuclear Installation (RNI) - the nuclear installation which is turning on the research nuclear reactor (IR) or the critical nuclear stand (KS), or the subcritical nuclear stand (X) with complex of constructions, systems, experimental devices and necessary personnel, located within the territory determined by the project and intended for obtaining and use of neutrons and ionizing radiation in the research and other purposes determined by the project.
2) the IYaU Platform - the territory within the protected perimeter where buildings and constructions of IYaU are placed;
3) Violation in work of IYaU - any event on IYaU which led to accident or incident.
4) Accident - the event connected with violation of normal operation of IYaU in case of which there was exit of radioactive materials and (or) ionizing radiation for the borders provided by the project for normal operation in the quantities exceeding the set limits of safe operation.
5) the Incident - the event connected with variation from normal operation of IYaU, caused by failure of the system (element) or human error, which did not lead to accident.
6) Limits of safe operation - the parameter values of engineering procedure established by the IYaU project from which variations can lead to accident.
7) Conditions of safe operation - the minimum conditions on quantity, characteristics, functioning state and conditions of maintenance of systems (elements) important for safety established by the IYaU project under which observance of limits of safe operation is provided.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.