of June 26, 1992
About the basic principles of cooperation in the field of peaceful use of atomic energy
The governments of the State Parties of this agreement which below are referred to as with "Parties"
meaning benefits of interstate cooperation in the field of peaceful use of atomic energy,
in view of scientific and technical base of the existing nuclear power and nuclear installations,
understanding need of ensuring safe operation of nuclear installations and safe use of nuclear materials,
proceeding from feasibility of approval of further technical policy in this area and aiming at coordination of the research works and training of specialists,
wishing to provide reliable supply of nuclear installations with nuclear fuel, materials and the equipment,
recognizing important role of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty of July 1, 1968 in creation of the international non-proliferation regime of nuclear weapon,
confirming the support of activities of International Atomic Energy Agency, below the referred to as IAEA,
understanding the responsibility for ensuring physical protection of nuclear materials and installations,
wishing to provide regular exchange of information about nuclear installations and the operational notification in case of nuclear accident,
agreed as follows:
For the purpose of this agreement:
a) authorized (competent) body - the ministry, department, the state corporation or other organization providing coordination of activities of the Party in the field of use of atomic energy in the peace purposes on appointment (change) of which the Party notifies depositary,
b) "nuclear material", "non-nuclear material", "installations", "equipment" and "technology" mean materials, installations, the equipment and technology according to Initial lists of documents of IAEA INFCIRC/209/Rev.1 and INFCIRC/254,
c) "person" means the legal entity or physical person given according to the procedure determined by the legislation of the Parties appropriate authority in the field of use of atomic energy.
The cooperation provided by this agreement concerns use of atomic energy in the peace purposes and can include, in particular:
a) implementation of joint industrial activity,
b) joint tenancy or operation of nuclear installations, equipment, objects of industrial property and industrial enterprises,
c) implementation of joint actions for prevention of nuclear accident and liquidation of its effects,
d) provision and exchange of information, in particular on nuclear safety, operation of nuclear installations, emergency planning, environment protection and training of personnel,
e) coordination and carrying out joint research and development works,
e) provision of experts, training of specialists, technical and educational and methodical supply of training of personnel,
g) transfer of nuclear material, non-nuclear material, installations, equipment and technology,
h) development and implementation of joint projects, including in such areas as production of electricity, the industry, agricultural industry and medicine,
i) investigation and development of uranium fields.
1) the Parties will encourage and help mutual cooperation between persons which are under their jurisdiction on the questions falling within this agreement coverage.
In accordance with the terms hereof persons which are under jurisdiction of one of the Parties can deliver 2) to persons which are under jurisdiction of other Party or to receive from them nuclear material, non-nuclear material, installations, the equipment and technology.
3) In accordance with the terms hereof persons which are under jurisdiction of one of the Parties can perform scientific and technical training of persons which are under jurisdiction of other Party in the field of peaceful use of atomic energy.
4) the Parties will render assistance to exchange of the experts and specialists connected with cooperation within this agreement.
5) the Parties will undertake all necessary measures for legal protection of objects of industrial property and for ensuring confidentiality and privacy of information, including commercial secrets and know-how which persons which are under jurisdiction of the either party or which will be used in the industrial purposes will exchange.
6) Any of the Parties will not use the provision of this agreement for creation of difficulties in commercial bonds of other Party.
1) Nuclear material, non-nuclear material, installations, the equipment, technology, the technical and commercial information delivered to one of the parties to other Party fall under action of this agreement if the Party supplier and the Party receiver do not make other decision.
2) the Objects which are not covered by Item 1 of this Article and delivered to one of the Parties to any other Party fall under action of this agreement if the Party supplier and the Party receiver agreed with it in writing.
1) In the export practice the Parties will be guided by the Guidelines for nuclear export provided in the document of IAEA INFCIRC/254.
2) the Consent in writing of the Party supplier will be required for transfer by the Party receiver of nuclear material, the non-nuclear material, the equipment and technology falling under action of this agreement, the third party not being the participant of this agreement.
1) the Nuclear material, non-nuclear material, installations, the equipment and technology falling under action of this agreement will not be used for production or acquisition otherwise of nuclear weapon or other nuclear destructive devices or for any military purposes.
2) concerning nuclear material accomplishment of the obligation provided in Item 1 of this Article is subject to check according to the agreements on application of guarantees signed by the Parties with IAEA in connection with the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
1) Nuclear material will fall under action of this agreement until:
a) IAEA will not determine that it is not suitable for further use in the nuclear activities important from the point of view of the guarantees specified in Article 6 of this agreement any more, and it will not cease to fall under guarantees according to provisions of the corresponding safeguards agreement,
b) he will not be given from under jurisdiction of one of the Parties to the third party, not being the participant of this agreement, according to provisions of Article 5 of this agreement,
c) The parties will not agree about other.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.