of December 30, 1996 No. ZR-94
About the state and official secret
Accepted by National assembly of the Republic of Armenia on December 3, 1996
This law regulates the relations arising in connection with reckoning to the state and official secret, declassification and preserving data of certain area for the purpose of safety of the Republic of Armenia (the vital interests of citizens, society and the state), determines concept of the state and official secret, privacy degree, legal basis of reckoning to number of the state and official secret, preserving, declassification, use of the classified information, powers of state bodies in the relations concerning secret.
Provisions of this law are subject to obligatory execution in the territory of the Republic of Armenia and beyond its limits state, municipalities of domicile, and also the companies, organizations and the organizations (irrespective of form of business), officials and citizens of the Republic of Armenia who according to the status shall or undertook the obligation to fulfill requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Armenia about the state and official secret.
The state secret are those data in military, foreign policy, economic, scientific and technical, prospecting, counterprospecting, operational and prospecting sphere of activity which are protected by the state and which distribution can lead to serious consequences for safety of the Republic of Armenia.
Official secret are those data in the areas provided by the first part of this Article which are protected by the state and which distribution can do harm of safety of the Republic of Armenia. Such data, as a rule, contain the facts which are part of the state secret, however in itself do not reveal the state secret.
The data which are the state and official secret are considered as property of the Republic of Armenia and are protected and protected by the state.
In this law the following concepts are used:
1. Carriers of the data which are the state or official secret (further - data carriers) are those material objects, including - physical fields in which the data which are the state or official secret are expressed as images, symbols, signals, technical solutions and processes.
2. Distribution of the data which are the state or official secret, publication of such data or their leakage is
a) publication is transfer, the message, provision, departure, and also making by available any method of data, components, according to this law, secret, to those persons who have no permission to the admission to them according to established procedure.
b) leakage is pronouncement (leakage) or loss of data, components, according to this law secret, owing to negligence of persons having according to established procedure permission to the admission to it the data and also responsible for their preserving.
3. Classification of data is application of restrictions to the data which are the state or official secret and to distribution of such data.
4. Declassification of data is lifting of restrictions from the data which are the state or official secret and from distribution of such data.
5. Preserving the state and official secret is complex application of stipulated by the legislation legal, organizational, technical and other necessary means and methods which is aimed at providing preserving and protection of the data which are the state or official secret.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.