The memorandum of state cooperation - members of the CIS in the field of creation of compatible national telemedicine consulting and diagnostic systems
of November 14, 2008
The governments of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States (further - the Governments),
being guided by the Concept of further development of the Commonwealth of Independent States and the Plan of the main actions for its realization regarding development of health care and telemedicine in gosudarstvakhuchastnik of the CIS, expressing the commitment to the purposes and the principles of provisions of resulting documents of the World summit concerning information society (Geneva, 2003; Tunisia, 2005) and the 58th session of the World Health Organization (WHA 58.28) concerning development of "electronic health care" ("e-Health")
realizing the international nature of problem and need of increase in level of medical attendance of the population for the State Parties of the CIS on the basis of expansion of services of "electronic health care" for the benefit of human health,
being interested in creation of the compatible national telemedicine consulting and diagnostic systems and other systems in the field of "electronic health care" meeting the modern requirements and standards agreed as follows:
1. The compatible national telemedicine consulting and diagnostic systems created by the Governments are considered as the priority and perspective direction of development of "electronic health care", compound and integral part of the integrated telemedicine system of the State Parties of the CIS and in the long term - universal telemedicine system.
2. For the purposes of this Memorandum the terms used in it have the following values:
electronic health care - cost-efficient and reliable form of use of information and communication technologies for the benefit of health care and the related areas, including services of the medical and sanitary help, medical supervision, medical literature, medical education, knowledge and scientific research in the field of health care (WHA 58.28);
"the electronic passport of health" ("the electronic medical record") - set of data on the state of health of the person during his life, including the anamnesis of life and diseases, results of medical diagnostic testings, vaccination, prescriptions of medicines, the methods of treatment and other data created in electronic form, access to which and which protection are established by legal acts and are provided with modern information and communication technologies;
telemedicine - complex of the organizational, financial and technological actions providing activities of system of remote consulting and diagnostic medical service in case of which the patient or the doctor who is directly conducting examination or treatment of the patient gets remote advice of other specialist, using modern information and communication technologies;
telemedicine services - delayed consultations, consultations in real time, remote control of physiological parameters of organism of the patient, remote carrying out diagnostic and medical manipulations, medical video conferences, teleconsultations, teleseminars, the telelectures and other medical services rendered with use of modern information and communication technologies.
3. The governments will aim:
- increase availability and quality of telemedicine services, to provide their compliance to international standards on the basis of creation and development of compatible national consulting and diagnostic telemedicine systems taking into account recommendations of the World Health Organization, International Labour Organization and International Organization For Migration;
- create the harmonized technological space for development of telemedicine services;
- determine the strategy of development of telemedicine services, approve the main directions and organizational forms of cooperation during creation and interaction of national telemedicine systems and their integration;
- promote financing of actions for creation and development of compatible national telemedicine systems, including by realization of pilot projects in each state as at the expense of own means of the State Parties of the CIS, and means of the international organizations.
4. The governments according to the national legal system will perform the actions directed to assistance to development of "electronic health care" and telemedicine in the states including:
- the analysis of the existing situation on use of information and communication technologies and forming of needs for development of medical services;
- inventory count of the operating regulatory framework concerning rendering telemedicine services;
- development of concepts and strategies of development of telemedicine services on the basis of information and communication technologies, including creations of "electronic passports of health";
- development of national information medical systems and enterprise systems of management of health care regarding creation of telemedicine systems and services;
- implementation of international standards in the field of "electronic health care" in the State Parties of the CIS;
- creation of joint businesses;
- joint implementation of scientific and technical projects;
- experience exchange and specialists, and also establishing contacts on the questions which are of mutual interest.
5. For the purpose of increase in efficiency of cooperation and interaction of national health care systems of gosudarstvuchastnik of the CIS in the Government recognize as the priority direction development and realization of pilot projects in the field of telemedicine systems, including projects:
- consulting and diagnostic telemedicine help;
- routine inspection and medical examination of the population, including rural and hardly accessible regions, with use of mobile telemedicine complexes;
- emergency medical care;
- emergency vaccinal prevention;
- the complex help to victims in case of emergency situations;
- specialized medical care, including fight against epidemics of socially dangerous diseases;
- distance training in system of professional education and advanced training of personnel of healthcare institutions;
- the accelerated implementation of high-technology medical care.
6. The governments will promote exchange of information regarding the characteristic of condition and perspectives of development of information and telecommunication technologies in the field of telemedicine and other systems of "electronic health care".
7. The governments will cooperate when carrying out necessary researches and developments in the field of telemedicine services and "electronic health care", creation of compatible national telemedicine systems, including within the international projects, in the solution of organizational, legal, economic and social problems, ensuring information security according to the international standards and standards.
8. For the purpose of creation and development of the integrated international telemedicine system and other systems of "electronic health care" the Governments will promote approval of the actions performed by authorized national authorities in the field of health care, information technologies and communication.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.