of August 23, 1990
The Supreme Council of the Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic, expressing single will of the people of Armenia, understanding the responsibility for destiny of the Armenian people in implementation of expectations of all Armenians and recovery of historical justice, proceeding from the principles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the universally recognized norms of international law, realizing the right of the nations to free self-determination, based on the joint Resolution of the Supreme Council of the Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic and National Council of Nagorno-Karabakh of December 1, 1989 "About reunion of the Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic and Nagorno-Karabakh", developing democratic traditions of the independent Republic of Armenia formed on May 28, 1918, aiming at creation of democratic, legal society, PROVOZGLASHAYET
beginning of approval process of independent statehood.
1. The Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic is renamed into the Republic of Armenia, in abbreviated form - Armenia. The Republic of Armenia has the flag, the coat of arms and the anthem.
2. The Republic of Armenia - the sovereign state allocated with supremacy of the government, independence, full rights. Only the Constitution and the laws of the Republic of Armenia act on all territory of the Republic of Armenia.
3. The carrier of the Armenian statehood, the people of the Republic of Armenia which perform the power directly and through representative bodies - on the basis of the Constitution and the laws of the Republic of Armenia are.
The right to act on behalf of the people of the republic belongs to exclusively Supreme Council of the Republic of Armenia.
4. For all citizens living in the territory of the Republic of Armenia citizenship of the Republic of Armenia is established.
The Armenians living outside the Republic of Armenia have the right to citizenship of the Republic of Armenia.
Citizens of the Republic of Armenia are under its protection and protection. The Republic of Armenia provides free and equal development of the citizens irrespective of nationality, race and religion.
5. For the purpose of ensuring the safety and immunity of borders the Republic of Armenia creates own Armed Forces submitting to the Supreme Council, internal troops, bodies of the state and public security.
The Republic of Armenia has the right to the share in arms of the USSR. The Republic of Armenia independently determines procedure for passing of military service of the citizens. Army connections of other countries, their military bases and constructions can be placed in the territory of the Republic of Armenia only according to the decision of its Supreme Council. Armed forces of the Republic of Armenia can be used only according to the decision of its Supreme Council.
6. The Republic of Armenia as the subject of international law, pursues independent foreign policy, establishes the direct relations with other states, national-state formations of the USSR, participates in activities of the international organizations.
7. National wealth of the Republic of Armenia - the earth, subsoil, airspace, water and other natural resources, economic, intellectual, cultural potential - property of its people. The procedure for ownership, use and order is determined by them the laws of the Republic of Armenia.
The Republic of Armenia has the right to the share of national wealth of the USSR, including - gold stock, diamond and currency funds.
8. The Republic of Armenia on the basis of variety of types of property determines the principles and procedure for the economic activity, establishes own bank notes, national bank, financial credit system, tax and customs services.
9. In the territory the Republic of Armenia provides: freedom of expression, seals, conscience; differentiation of the legislative, executive and judicial authorities; multi-party system, equality of batches, depoliticization of law enforcement agencies and Armed Forces.
10. The Republic of Armenia provides functioning of Armenian as state language in all spheres of life of the republic, creates own education system, sciences and cultures.
11. The Republic of Armenia supports the international recognition of genocide of Armenians of 1915 in Ottoman Turkey and the Western Armenia.
12. This Declaration forms basis for development of the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, modification and amendments in the existing Constitution, activities of state bodies, development of the new legislation of the Republic.
Chairman of the Supreme Council of the Republic of Armenia
L. Ter Petrosyan
Secretary of the Supreme Council of the Republic of Armenia
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.