of August 28, 2009
About amnesty in connection with the eighteenth anniversary of declaration of independence of the Republic of Uzbekistan
According to representation of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan in connection with the eighteenth anniversary of declaration of independence of the Republic of Uzbekistan, being guided by the principle of humanity, based on Item 10 of Article 80 and Item 23 of article 93 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan the Senate of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan decides:
1. Exempt from punishment of convicts (taking into account restrictions, stipulated in Item 8 these Resolutions):
b) persons to whom at the time of crime execution 18 years were not performed;
c) the men who reached 60-year age;
d) citizens of foreign states.
2. Exempt from punishment of the persons who committed crimes on imprudence, and also for the first time condemned persons who committed the crimes which are not constituting big public danger or less serious crimes.
3. Exempt from punishment (except committed premeditated murders in case of aggravating circumstances) disabled people of the first and second groups, and also faces which no more than in one year prior to the introduction of this Resolution in force in the procedure established by the law are recognized as the suffering serious illness interfering serving sentence.
4. Exempt from punishment of convicts to imprisonment (except committed premeditated murders in case of aggravating circumstances) whose remaining balance of term of punishment does not exceed two years concerning which sentences took legal effect on the date of publication of this Resolution.
5. Exempt from punishment of the persons who firmly followed way of correction for the first time condemned to imprisonment for participation in activities of the prohibited organizations, making in their crime components against the world and safety or against public safety.
6. Transfer to colonies settlements of persons condemned to imprisonment which unexpired part of punishment on the date of publication of this Resolution constitutes less than three years.
7. Stop all cases on the crimes committed by persons listed in Items 1 and 2 of this Resolution.
8. Not extend:
a) operation of this Resolution concerning persons condemned by long or life sentence of imprisonment; recognized as especially dangerous recidivists;
committed crimes as a part of criminal society; systematically breaking the serving sentence mode; and also on persons to whom capital punishment according to the procedure of pardon is replaced with custodial sanction;
b) action of Item 1 of this Resolution on persons who committed especially serious crimes;
c) action of Items 1-4, 6 and 7 of this Resolution on persons condemned for participation in activities of the prohibited organizations, making in their crime components against the world and safety or against public safety;
d) action of Items 2, 4-7 these Resolutions on the persons who were earlier exempted from punishment under amnesty and again committed intentional crimes.
9. To provide to the relevant Committees and the Commissions of the Senate direct participation of deputy corps in realization of public control and transparency of procedures of application of this act of amnesty.
10. Confer responsibility for implementation of this Resolution of the Senate on the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
11. This Resolution becomes effective from the date of publication and is subject to execution within three months.
Chairman of the Senate
Republic of Uzbekistan I. Sobirov
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.