of August 15, 2009 No. 56-IV
About radiation safety
This Law determines the legal basis of ensuring radiation safety of the population and the environment.
Radiation safety of the population (further - radiation safety) - condition of security of health and life of people and future generations, and also the environment from harmful effects on them of ionizing radiation.
1. The legislation of Turkmenistan on radiation safety is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan regulating questions of radiation safety.
2. If the international treaty of Turkmenistan establishes other rules than containing in this Law, then rules of the international treaty are applied.
For the purpose of this Law the following basic concepts are applied:
1) ionizing radiation - the radiation which is created in case of radioactive decay nuclear transformations, braking of charged particles in substance and forms in case of interaction with environment ions of different signs;
2) natural radiation background - the radiation dose created by the space radiation and radiation of the natural radionuclides which are naturally distributed in the earth, water, air, other elements of the biosphere, and also in foodstuff and human body;
3) tekhnogenno the changed radiation background - the natural radiation background which underwent to change in result of activities of the person;
4) users of sources of ionizing radiation (daleepolzovatel) - the legal entities and physical persons extracting, making, developing, overworking, using, storing, servicing, transporting, neutralizing sources of ionizing radiation and performing their burial;
5) the controlled area - the territory on which special rules on radiation control, the admission and accommodation of people act;
6) the worker (personnel) - physical person (persons) which permanently or temporarily works directly with sources of ionizing radiation;
7) radiation accident - the loss of management of source of ionizing radiation caused by defect of the equipment, actions (failure to act) of workers (personnel), natural disasters or other reasons which could give or led to radiation of people above of the established regulations or to radioactive environmental pollution;
8) radiation protection - set of the sanitary and hygienic, design, technical and organizational actions aimed at providing radiation safety;
9) radiation monitoring - systematic observations of condition of radiation situation as on subjects to use of sources of ionizing radiation, and in the environment.
The basic principles of ensuring radiation safety are:
1) the principle of regulation - not exceeding of admissible limits of individual doses of radiation of people from all sources of ionizing radiation;
2) the principle of reasons - prohibition of all types of activity on use of sources of ionizing radiation in case of which the advantage received for the person and society does not exceed risk of the possible harm done by radiation, additional to natural radiation background;
3) the principle of optimization - maintenance taking into account economic and social factors at perhaps low and achievable level of individual doses of radiation and number of the irradiated persons when using any source of ionizing radiation;
4) the principle of emergency optimization - the taken measures in emergencies which shall be optimized so that they brought more benefit, than harm.
State regulation in the field of ensuring radiation safety is performed by the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan, bodies of the local executive authority and local self-government.
The Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan in the field of ensuring radiation safety:
- determines state policy in the field of ensuring radiation safety;
- creates and provides functioning of single system of public administration in the field of ensuring radiation safety;
- approves state programs on ensuring radiation safety;
- determines the state bodies of the executive authority providing state regulation in the field of ensuring radiation safety, order of interaction and differentiation of functions between them;
- approves rules of radiation safety;
- exercises control of radiation situation in the territory of Turkmenistan;
- enters specific modes of accommodation of the population in zones of radioactive pollution in case of such need;
- takes operational measures in case of threat of emergence of radiation accident, and also on liquidation of radiation accident and its effects;
- informs the population on radiation situation and measures for ensuring radiation safety;
- performs international cooperation of Turkmenistan in the field of ensuring radiation safety;
- performs other powers in the field of ensuring radiation safety referred to its competence.
State bodies of the executive authority in the field of ensuring radiation safety within the competence:
1) is performed by measures for realization of state policy in the field of ensuring radiation safety;
2) are developed and realize state programs on ensuring radiation safety;
3) exercise control, supervision and monitoring of radiation situation in the territory of Turkmenistan, and also accounting of doses of radiation of the population;
4) exercise control of movement of sources of ionizing radiation;
5) are developed and approve health regulations, regulations, hygienic standard rates on ensuring radiation safety, the state standards, construction regulations and rules, industrial safety rules and other documents regulating questions of radiation safety;
6) are analyzed and perform assessment of radiation safety;
7) participate in the organization and holding operational actions in case of threat of emergence of radiation accident, and also on liquidation of radiation accident and its effects;
8) perform training of the population in the field of ensuring radiation safety;
9) is performed by other powers in the field of ensuring radiation safety referred to their competence.
Local executive bodies together with local government bodies in the field of ensuring radiation safety:
- develop and realize territorial programs in the field of ensuring radiation safety;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.