of June 4, 2009 No. 1445-VI
About identification and registration of animals
This Law determines the organizational and legal basis of identification and registration of animals for the purpose of receipt of operational and solid data about livestock of animals concerning sex, age, breeds and their locations for improvement of management and forecasting of the markets of products of livestock production and control of epizootic situation in Ukraine.
In this Law the following terms are used in such value:
1) economy - buildings, constructions, farms, any place in the territory of Ukraine where animals are, get divorced and contain, is carried out them sale, face, utilization, artificial fertilization, exhibitions of animals and which owner can be any legal entity or physical person will be organized;
2) the Unified state register of animals - the electronic database about the identified animals, their owners / holders, farms, movement, face, utilization, death, case of such animals;
3) identification documents - documents of the established sample which are issued on animal (the passport of cattle, the passport of horse, the registration certificate of pigs, the registration certificate of sheep/goats);
4) identification number - the individual or group number assigned to animal (or to their groups) and not changed during his life;
5) identification - process of identification of animal by assignment to it identification number with use of the visual, electronic and mixed means depending on animal type with further entering of identification number into the Unified state register of animals;
6) movement - process of which change of economy in which the animal, or change of its owner / holder stays is result;
7) registration - entering into the Unified state register of animal data on the identified animal, its owner / holder, economy, movement, face, utilization, death, case.
8) the holder - the legal entity or physical person performing activities for content, cultivation, sale, movement, face, utilization, provision of services for artificial fertilization of animals, the organizations of exhibitions of animals based on the powers conferred to it by the owner of animals;
9) the Administrator of the Unified state register of animals - the subject authorized by the central executive body which provides forming also implements the state agrarian policy, to carry out registration of animals in the procedure established present By the law, to perform registration, issue of identification documents and to perform other functions, stipulated by the legislation.
Legal regulation of questions of identification and registration of animals is performed according to the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine "About veterinary medicine", this Law and other regulatory legal acts in this sphere.
Operation of this Law extends on legal entities and physical person which are engaged in cultivation and content of animals, carry out their sale, face, utilization, provide services in artificial fertilization and organize exhibitions of animals.
Object of identification and registration are farm animals - cattle, horses, pigs, sheep, goats.
Individual identification number is unique within one type of animals. Exclusively individual number is assigned to cattle, sheep, goats and horses. Group identification number can be assigned to group of animals within one economy and is unique for economy within Ukraine.
The legal entities and physical persons performing activities for cultivation and content of animals shall:
submit for registration data on the identified animals, economy of their cultivation and content, movement, face, utilizations, death, case of animals;
identify all animals in economy;
record all animals in economy, including concerning their birth, identification numbers, all movements of animals between farms, and also about face, utilization and case of animals;
store the information about animal within three years after his death (slaughter, case, utilization) or its movements from economy;
perform movement of animals with identification documents;
submit data to the central executive body realizing state policy in the field of veterinary medicine on all movements of animals, receipts of new animals to economy, and also face, utilization, case of animals within 5 working days from the date of such actions or events;
carry out face, utilization only of the identified and registered animals.
The legal entities and physical persons performing activities for face and utilization of animals shall:
submit for registration data on face, utilization of animals, and also data on the farms performing such face and utilization;
record the slaughtered, utilized animals;
carry out face, utilization only of the identified and registered animals.
The legal entities and physical persons performing sales activity of animals, to provision of services on artificial fertilization and organizing exhibitions of animals shall:
submit for registration data on the farms which are engaged in sale of animals, provision of services on artificial fertilization and the organization of exhibitions of animals;
perform sale, hold exhibitions and artificial fertilization only of the identified and registered animals.
Movement by legal entities and physical persons of the animals who are not conforming to requirements of the legislation on identification and registration of animals is forbidden.
Legal entities and physical persons have the right:
choose electronic or paper form of accounting of animals and submission of the data established present By the law;
authorize the third parties on accomplishment of obligations identified by this Article.
The administrator of the Unified state register of animals has the right to send inquiry to the owner or the holder of animals for information on origin, identification, destination of animal, the owner or the holder of which he is, and the owner or the holder of animal shall provide such information on request of the Administrator of the Unified state register of animals within 10 working days from the moment of receipt of such request.
The administrator of the Unified state register of animals shall:
enter in the Unified state register of animals the data established present By the law, in particular, of identification, registration and accounting of animals and also on the veterinary and sanitary actions made concerning them, within 10 working days from the date of their obtaining from legal entities and physical persons, and concerning horses - within 25 working days;
within 5 working days from the date of data acquisition about registration of animals to process identification documents;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.