of October 23, 2008 No. 219-III
About the State Council of safety of Turkmenistan
This Law according to the Constitution of Turkmenistan determines the legal basis of activities and competence of the State Council of safety of Turkmenistan.
The State Council of safety of Turkmenistan for the purpose of safety and defense of the state, protection of rights and freedoms of man and citizen, legitimate interests of legal entities, enhancement of the principles of strengthening of legality and law and order, strengthening of influence of policy of permanent neutrality of Turkmenistan on strengthening of the world in the region submits on these aspects for consideration of the President of Turkmenistan information, offers and drafts of decisions on appropriate questions, and also considers other questions specified in this Law, affecting state security of Turkmenistan.
The legal basis of activities of the State Council of safety of Turkmenistan is constituted by this Law which is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan and the commonly accepted principles and rules of international law and other regulatory legal acts regulating questions of state security.
The main objectives of the State Council of safety of Turkmenistan are:
1) ensuring state security and defense of Turkmenistan, development of the main directions of state policy on protection of rights and freedoms of man and citizen, legitimate interests of legal entities, legality and law and order;
2) determination of strategy of implementation of the status of permanent neutrality in the international relations;
3) preparation for the President of Turkmenistan information, offers and drafts of decisions concerning domestic and foreign policy, development of the military doctrine of Turkmenistan as neutral state and determination of measures for its realization;
4) development for the purpose of ensuring state security of perspective tasks of ensuring the major interests of the personality, society and the state, prevention of internal and external threats which can undermine their safety;
5) development of the main directions of ensuring state security;
6) preparation of offers to the President of Turkmenistan on introduction of emergency rule, prolongation of the period of its action or cancellation;
7) coordination of activities of the central executive bodies and local authorities of the government for ensuring state security and protection of Turkmenistan, rights and freedoms of man and citizen, legality and legal order;
8) consideration of other tasks, stipulated by the legislation Turkmenistan.
The State Council of safety of Turkmenistan for the purpose of accomplishment of the tasks assigned to it:
1) considers questions of realization of military, technical, economic and legal policy of the state on ensuring state security and defense of Turkmenistan, democracy, constitutional rights and freedoms of man and citizen;
2) activities central both local executive bodies on development coordinate and program implementations of protection of Frontier of Turkmenistan, protection of state interests on borders and concerning their organizational, legal and economic support;
3) develops programs of reforming of military structure of Armed Forces, other troops of Turkmenistan, questions of creation and development of types and types of military forces, prepares offers on their dislocation and use;
4) is coordinated by activities of military and law enforcement agencies of Turkmenistan for conducting fight against crime in the sphere of economy, organized crime and terrorism, on prevention of illicit trafficking and drug trafficking and weapon, ammunition, explosives or destructive devices;
5) is coordinated by activities central and local executive bodies on ensuring mobilization readiness, civil defense on places, to appeal of citizens on military service, protection of the population and the equipment in case of emergency situations;
6) prepares offers for the President of Turkmenistan according to the announcement of emergency rule, about its prolongation or cancellation;
7) is assigned to one of vice-chairmen of the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan by temporary fulfillment of duties of the President of Turkmenistan if the President of Turkmenistan for one reason or another cannot fulfill the duties, until election of the new President of Turkmenistan;
8) at the request of the President of Turkmenistan performs management of military and military and technical cooperation in the international relations with the friendly states, determines the main directions, the purposes and the main methods of its realization, considers the programs directed to the solution of tasks of ensuring steady nature of cooperation on liquidation of natural disasters and accidents;
9) considers draft documents, the Armed Forces provided by the ministries and departments of defensive complex and law enforcement agencies concerning the organization, border and internal troops of Turkmenistan, about the legal acts regulating activities of law-enforcement bodies, state security, judicial authorities, prosecutor's office, the public Customs, migratory services, service on fight against economic crimes and courts;
10) considers offers of the ministries and departments on defense of Turkmenistan and its borders, ensuring national security, financing of the expenses connected with enhancement of activities of military and law enforcement agencies.
1. According to the Constitution of Turkmenistan the President of Turkmenistan is the Supreme Commander Armed Forces of Turkmenistan. The president of Turkmenistan, the Supreme Commander Armed Forces of Turkmenistan forms the State Council of safety of Turkmenistan and performs management of it.
2. The structure of the State Council of safety affirms the President of Turkmenistan, the Supreme Commander Armed Forces of Turkmenistan.
3. Activities of the State Council of safety of Turkmenistan are provided at the expense of the Government budget of Turkmenistan.
1. Management of the State Council of safety of Turkmenistan is the body created for the purpose of ensuring its activities and execution of the decisions made by it, and also control of their execution. The Secretary appointed to position by the President of Turkmenistan directs this body.
2. The management of the State Council of safety of Turkmenistan includes the Secretary, his assistant and three advisers.
The main objectives of the Secretary of the State Council of safety of Turkmenistan are:
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.