of December 26, 2003 No. 477
About approval of Rules of determination of solvency of banknotes and coins of national currency of the Republic of Kazakhstan
For the purpose of enhancement of procedure for determination of solvency of banknotes and coins of national currency of the Republic of Kazakhstan the Board of National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan DECIDES:
3. To management on work with cash (Mazhitov D. M.):
1) together with Legal department (Sharipov S. B.) to take measures to state registration in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan of this resolution;
2) in ten-day time from the date of state registration in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan to bring this resolution to the attention of divisions of central office, territorial branches of National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Center of cash transactions and storage of values (branch) of National Bank.
4. To management on ensuring activities of management of National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Terentyev A. L.) provide the publication of this resolution in mass media of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
5. To impose control over execution of this resolution on the vice-chairman of National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan Zhamishev B. B.
Chairman of National Bank
Approved by the Resolution of Board of National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan of December 26, 2003 No. 477
1. These rules of determination of solvency of banknotes and coins of national currency of the Republic of Kazakhstan (further - Rules) are developed according to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of March 30, 1995 "About National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
2. Rules establish procedure for making of transactions by determination of solvency of banknotes and coins of national currency of the Republic of Kazakhstan, except the coins made of precious metals, and separate transactions with them after determination of authenticity and solvency by branches of National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan (further – National Bank), banks of the second level and the National operator of mail (further – authorized banks).
3. Solvency of banknotes and coins of national currency of the Republic of Kazakhstan (further - banknotes and coins) is their capability to act as legal means of payment in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and also absence at banknotes and coins of signs of counterfeit.
4. The banknotes and coins which voided legal means of payment are the banknotes and coins withdrawn from currency circulation, and also the extinguished banknotes and corrugated coins.
5. The rejected banknotes and coins are banknotes and coins in case of which production the visible variation from specifications is allowed (discrepancy of format, anguishes, discrepancy of numbering, availability of blots, combination of paints, combination and/or the indistinct image of stamping and another).
1) the texts which are filled in with dyes, including having put with the spreading paints;
2) the having foreign texts which are visible in case of ultra-violet light;
3) the having foreign texts which block machine-readable signs;
4) the broken-off banknotes which are stuck together or not stuck together parts of which undoubtedly belong to the same banknote and together constitute the area more than fifty percent from the banknote size established by National Bank;
5) more than one percent of the area which lost from corner or edge but at the same time kept more than fifty percent from the banknote size established by National Bank;
6) more than ten millimeters having the anguishes in length including which are stuck together by transparent adhesive tape;
7) the having openings, punctures and holes from three and more millimeters in the diameter, except as specified, when availability of punctures on banknote demonstrates its repayment;
8) the having attritions which led to loss of the image of banknote;
9) burned and burned, but at the same time the kept more than fifty percent from the banknote size established by National Bank;
10) lost protective thread;
11) the surfaces of the front and (or) turnover parties having pollution which led to decrease in the image and brightness of banknote. Pollution is meant as condition of banknotes which is characterized by darkening of surface of banknote owing to availability of dust, dirt, oils and other pollutants;
12) the papers having loosening and lost rigidity.
1) flattened, made a hole, bent, nadpilenny, broken (except the coins subjected to machining (corrugation));
2) etched in acid, with we will sing any metals;
3) damaged in case of impact of high temperature;
4) the written and (or) digital signs which changed the initial color, but kept on obverse (face), reverse (back) or herd.
8. Doubtful banknotes and coins are the having damages of banknote and coin, for establishment of solvency and which authenticity needs conducting examination.
9. Banknotes and coins which cannot be carried to payment, the having damages which are not specified in Items 6 and 7 of Rules, the banknotes having text "ULG І", SPECIMEN, and also the banknotes which kept more than fifty percent from the banknote size established by National Bank which are authentic fragment of the remade banknotes, having equal cut down with traces of glue or adhesive tape on cut are not payment.
11. The remade banknotes are the authentic banknotes having stickers, the nadrisovanny or printed texts or figures changing nominal of banknotes in such a way that appearance of banknote with the made changes is similar to type of authentic banknote of other nominal and such remade banknote can be mistakenly accepted as authentic at other nominal, excellent from specified on banknote before its alteration.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.