of April 16, 1996 No. 60-IQ
This Law establishes legal and economic basis of standardization in the Azerbaijan Republic, obligatory for all executive bodies, municipalities of domicile, the companies, the organizations, entrepreneurs (further - business entities), and also public associations. The state protection of consumer interests, the state and business entities is regulated by this Law and regulating documents developed and applied according to it on standardization.
Standardization is activities for setting standards, rules and characteristics concerning goods (services, works) for the purpose of providing:
safety of goods (services, works) for life, health, valuable interests of the state and environment;
technical, technological and information compatibility, and also interchangeability of goods (services, works);
compliance of goods (services, works) to the level of development of science, equipment and technology, increase in its competitiveness;
accuracy and unity of measurements;
economy of all types of resources;
safety of economic objects taking into account probability of emergence of natural and technogenic catastrophes, and also other emergency situations;
defense capability and mobilization readiness of the country;
provisions to consumers of complete and reliable information about the nomenclature and goods quality (services, works).
The standard - the regulating document developed under the agreement of most of concerned parties and approved by the relevant competent organizations or bodies which establishes the quality requirement and the safety of goods (services, works) provided for mass consumption.
The regulating document on standardization - the regulatory legal act reflecting the regulations which are general, rules and characteristics of execution and use of activities of certain type or its results.
International standards - the standards, regulations, rules and recommendations accepted and used by most the states of the world.
Regional (basin) standards - the standards, regulations, rules and recommendations accepted and used by group of the regional (basin) states performing technical and economic cooperation.
Interstate standards - the standards, regulations, rules and recommendations accepted by mutual consent and used in the corresponding relations of two states.
National standards - the standards, regulations, rules and recommendations developed and used in the territory of the certain independent state.
The legislation on standardization consists of this Law and other acts of the legislation of the Azerbaijan Republic issued according to it.
Bases of requirements of standards for construction, the food, other goods (services, works) intended for the population are established by the laws of the Azerbaijan Republic.
If international treaties of the Azerbaijan Republic establish other rules, than those which contain in this Law then are applied rules of international treaties.
1. The organization of works and management of standardization includes development and application of regulating documents on standardization, providing consumers with complete and reliable information about them, development of the system of standardization, determination of rules of application of international standards in the Azerbaijan Republic and industry features of standards, implementation of adequate measures of control of observance of requirements of standards, preparation and advanced training of personnel in the field of standardization, financing of the specified works and other works.
2. The organization of works and public administration as standardization exercises according to this Law relevant organs of the executive authority within their competence.
3. Coordination of activities of executive bodies, and also business entities and public associations of the Azerbaijan Republic in the field of the organization and management of standardization is provided by relevant organ of the executive authority on standardization.
For the purpose of implementation of this coordination the state system of standardization according to this Law and other regulatory legal acts on standardization is applied. In the state standards entering this system general organizational and technical rules of work on standardization, forms and methods of interaction of business entities with each other, and also with executive bodies are established.
4. Recognition and application in the territory of the Azerbaijan Republic of the international (regional) and interstate standards, regulations, rules and recommendations about standardization is performed according to the procedure, established based on the stipulated in Article 1 this Law of requirements by relevant organ of the executive authority if other is not established by international treaties of the Azerbaijan Republic.
The Azerbaijan Republic in the international organizations and negotiations on standardization is represented in the procedure established by the legislation by the executive bodies having appropriate authority.
1. And on the conditions established by this Law treat the regulating documents on standardization developed and applied in the territory of the Azerbaijan Republic in cases, procedure:
state standards of the Azerbaijan Republic;
qualifiers of technical and economic and social information;
standards of industries;
the international (regional) and interstate standards applied in accordance with the established procedure, regulations, rules and recommendations;
standards of the companies;
standards scientifically - technical, engineering societies and other public associations.
2. The relevant organ of the executive authority of the Azerbaijan Republic on standardization provides single state registration and accounting of the regulating documents which are a part of the system standardization, creation all-republican and industry funds of these documents.
3. The requirements established by regulating documents on standardization shall be based on international standards, regulations, rules and recommendations about standardization, progressive national standards of other states, modern achievements of science, the equipment and technology, to consider conditions of use of products, performance of works and rendering services, conditions and the modes of work and shall not break the provisions established by the legislation of the Azerbaijan Republic.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.