of February 18, 1997 No. 250-IQ
About social insurance
This Law governs the relations in the field of social insurance, determines legal, economic and organizational basis of social insurance in the Azerbaijan Republic.
Social insurance is the form of providing directed to compensation of the lost labor rights, the income, and also additional expenses of physical persons in the cases provided by this Law and on the prevention of such losses.
Social insurance is performed in forms of compulsory national social insurance and voluntary (additional) insurance.
Compulsory national social insurance is performed by insurers concerning all persons working according to employment contracts (contracts). In the cases provided by this Law also other persons can be involved in compulsory national social insurance.
The principles of social insurance are:
* state guarantee of continuity of social insurance;
* generality of social insurance;
* ensuring social insurance in case of all cases of loss by the worker of working capacity;
* equality of subjects of social insurance;
* obligation of the national social insurance;
* ensuring participation of public organizations in management of compulsory national social insurance.
The social insured event is such event in case of which at insured there is right to insurance payment at insurance company.
Treats social insured event:
* achievement of retirement age;
* disability establishment;
* loss of the supporter of family;
* temporary disability (for the period, established by the legislation);
* pregnancy and childbirth;
* child's birth;
* child care;
* need of sanatorium treatment.
Compulsory national social insurance is applied in all cases specified in this Article, and voluntary (additional) social insurance - on the insured events chosen by the parties.
The documents confirming emergence of social insured event and forming the basis for purpose of insurance payment are established by the legislation.
In case of social insured event the following insurance payments are issued:
* the work pensions established by the relevant legislation of the Azerbaijan Republic;
* the allowances to work pensions issued based on voluntary (additional) social insurance;
* temporary disability benefit (for the period, established by the legislation);
* maternity allowance;
* lump-sum allowance in case of the child's birth;
* child care allowance before achievement of age by it, stipulated by the legislation;
* benefit for burial;
* complete or partial expense recovery for sanatorium treatment of insured.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.