of April 18, 2009 No. 33-IV
About procedure for the solution of questions of the administrative-territorial device of Turkmenistan
1. The territory of Turkmenistan is subdivided into welayats, the cities with the welayat rights, etraps, the cities with the rights of the etrap, city in the etrap, settlements, gengeshliks and villages. The territory of one or several villages forms the gengeshlik.
2. Education and abolition of welayats, etraps, etraps in the city, gengeshliks, reference of settlements to category of the cities, settlements, villages, their renaming, the solution of other questions of the administrative-territorial device are performed by Majlis Millie Gengesha of Turkmenistan on representation of the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan.
3. Assignment of the name, renaming and change of borders of administrative and territorial units is made taking into account state interests, geographical, historical, national, natural and other local conditions, and also opinion of the population.
1. Settlements of Turkmenistan are subdivided on city and rural.
2. The cities and settlements, to rural - villages belong to city settlements.
3. The cities are subdivided into the following categories: the cities with the rights of the welayat, etrap and city in the etrap.
In case of formation of the welayat borders, the administrative center of the welayat, the list of the etraps which are its part are established in case of formation of the etrap - its borders and the administrative center, the list of the cities, settlements and gengeshliks which are its part; in case of formation of the etrap in the city - its borders, in case of formation of the gengeshlik - its borders, the administrative center and the list sat down, being its part.
1. To category of the city with the welayat rights, the city with population over 500 thousand people which is one of the economic, political and cultural centers in Turkmenistan can be carried.
2. The city with population over 30 thousand people which is one of the economic, cultural and administrative centers in the welayat can be referred to category of the city with the rights of the etrap. In some cases the settlement, less than 30 thousand people having important industrial, welfare and administrative value, tendencies of further economic and social development, growth of population and with population can be referred to category of the city with the rights of the etrap the city in the etrap.
3. The settlement with population over 8 thousand people having industrial enterprises, construction and transport organizations, municipal services, municipal housing stock, network of welfare organizations, trade enterprises and life can be referred to category of the city in the etrap.
In some cases the settlement with population less than 8 thousand people can be referred to category of the city in the etrap if it has the prospect of economic development and growth of population.
4. The village with population over 2 thousand people which reached certain level of improvement in the territory of which industrial enterprises, construction and transport organizations, railway stations, hydraulic engineering constructions, sanatoria and other stationary medical and improving organizations are located can be referred to category of the settlement.
In some cases the village with population less than 2 thousand people can be referred to category of the settlement if it has the prospects of social and economic development, population growth.
5. Settlements with concentrated building and the numbering at least 50 people of resident population belong to the category of the village.
6. In case of reference of settlements to categories of the city, settlement and village their borders are established.
1. Assignment of names to welayats, etraps, etraps in the city, to gengeshliks is made in case of their education; assignment of names to the cities, settlements and villages - in case of their reference to this category.
2. Assignment of names and renaming of quarters, prospectuses, streets, areas, squares and other components of the city in the etrap, the settlement and the village are made by the corresponding Gengesh, and in the city with the rights of the welayat or etrap - hyakimy on representation corresponding Hulk of maslakhata.
3. Renaming of the administrative-territorial educations and settlements carrying historical names is not allowed. Again formed, a, taking into account opinion of the population, can be appropriated to the administrative-territorial educations and settlements which also do not have historical names names of historic figures, the state and public figures who made especially outstanding contribution to strengthening of statehood, development of economy, science, culture, art.
4. All expenses connected with renaming are performed at the expense of the relevant budget.
5. In case of assignment of names and renaming assignment is not allowed: to welayats, etraps, the cities, etraps in the gorodenaimenovaniye which are already available in Turkmenistan; to settlements, gengeshliks - in the welayat, to villages - in the etrap.
6. Renaming of settlements in which post and cable organizations, the airports, seaports, the railway stations are located is made with the prior notice of the relevant ministries, departments.
7. The name of administrative and territorial units in other languages is written according to Turkmen transcription.
1. Settlements with the ordered building and the numbering at least 50 people of resident population are subject to state registration and accounting.
2. The state accounting of administrative territorial educations and settlements, and also registration of again formed - is performed by the body authorized by the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan. Accounting of administrative-territorial educations and settlements conduct according to hyakimlik of welayats, the city of Ashgabat.
3. The small settlements having temporary value and changeable structure of the population or being subjects to office appointment in system of any industry of economy (the building of railway services, the house of foresters, buoy keepers, field camps, small meteorological stations, etc.), and also the single yards or residential settlements with the population less than 50 people cannot be independent settlements and corresponding Gengesha bring them in structure of those settlements with which they are connected in the administrative or territorial relation and are not subject to registration and accounting as certain settlements.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.