of December 30, 1997 No. 422-IG
About office and civil weapon
I. This Law governs the legal relations arising in the Azerbaijan Republic in connection with turnover of office and civil weapon and its supplies and also its application in exceptional cases.
II. The procedure for production, sale, acquisition, accounting, storage, use, repair and destruction of military weapon, and also the requirements relating to educational and award weapon for the rule of its storage and proper use are determined by relevant organ of the executive authority of the Azerbaijan Republic.
In this Law the following concepts are used:
1) weapon - the installation and means provided for extermination of manpower and other objects, including the equipment and constructions, or provided for giving of signal, but which can be used for extermination of manpower and other objects;
2) office weapon - the weapon provided for use by persons who are carrying out the obligations connected with protection of life and human health, with conservation, natural resources, property, valuable and dangerous goods, special departures;
3) civil weapon - the weapon provided for self-defense, hunting and sports;
4) military weapon - the weapon used for accomplishment of service duty and fighting task;
5) ammunition - the constructional installations or objects provided for firing from the corresponding type of weapon;
6) cold weapon - the weapon which on design, the sizes and material is not provided for direct use in the production or economic and household purposes capable to put damage by means of use of muscular strength of the person during direct communication with subject to damage;
7) cold small arms - the weapon capable to put at distance damage of the purpose by the objects which are set in directed motion due to energy of human muscle or mechanical installation;
8) firearms - the weapon capable to put mechanical damage at certain distance or to put out of action the purpose the shell which is set in directed motion due to energy of ignition of gunpowder or other flammable substances;
9) pneumatic weapon - the weapon capable to put at distance damage by the bullet which is set in directed motion due to pressure energy of compressed air or gas;
10) gas weapon - the weapon provided for temporary removal from system of the live purpose by application of the tear, irritating, poisoning, neuroparalytic or other strong substances;
11) self-defense weapon - the weapon intended only for attack reflection: the gun (revolver) supplied with the tear, irritating or neuroparalytic substances with short effective period, the gas weapon having mechanically sprinkling or aerosol installation;
12) hunting weapon - firearms with rifle or not rifle barrel, cold, including cold shooting and pneumatic, weapon, provided for hunting for wild animals and birds;
13) sports weapon - fire, cold, including cold shooting and pneumatic, the weapon provided for use in sports competitions;
14) educational weapon - the weapon irrespective of type provided for training in rules of weapon handling, its disassembly and assembly, and also use, and excluding discovery of fire ammunition;
15) award weapon - the weapon issued to any person as award for fighting, office merits or for merits in the field of sport not capable to open fire queues;
16) traffic in weapons - production, import, export, import, export, sale, transfer to other person, acquisition, collecting, holding exhibition, accounting, storage, carrying, transportation, use, sending, withdrawal and destruction of weapon;
17) the owner of weapon - person in whose property there is weapon acquired according to requirements of this Law;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.