Unofficial transfer. (c) Soyuzpravoinform
On December 30, 1997 No. 420-IG
About civil defense
This Law determines the legal basis and the principles of civil defense, governs the public relations in the field of civil defense.
In this Law the following concepts are used:
1) civil defense - system of the actions performed by public authorities, legal entities and physical persons for the purpose of safety in peace time or during war of the population (the citizens of the Azerbaijan Republic, foreigners and stateless persons which are in the territory of the Azerbaijan Republic) and the territory (land, water and airspace, subjects to production and social appointment, and also the environment within the territory of the Azerbaijan Republic);
2) system of civil defense - set of systems of relevant organs of the executive authority, forces and means, special funds, bonds, notifications and on whom information support fulfillment of duties of civil defense is assigned;
3) emergency - the situation which arose in certain territory as a result of military operations, accidents, natural or other disasters which can bring or were led to human losses, harming human health or the environment, considerable material losses and violation of conditions of life activity of people;
4) the prevention of emergencies - system of in advance performed actions directed to the maximum reduction of danger of emergence of emergencies, and in cases of emergence of such incidents on protection of people and their health, on reducing the extent of the possible damage caused to the environment and material losses;
5) liquidation of emergencies both their posledstviyavariyno-rescue actions and other urgent works which are carried out during emergencies and directed to rescuing of life and health protection of people, reduction of the extent of the possible damage caused to the environment and material losses on the prevention of distribution of emergencies.
The legislation of the Azerbaijan Republic on civil defense consists of the Constitution of the Azerbaijan Republic, this Law, of other legal acts of the Azerbaijan Republic and international treaties recognized by the Azerbaijan Republic.
The civil defense which is component of nation-wide system of defense will be organized on the basis of the following principles:
1) the territorial principle (organization of events on civil defense in all territory of the Azerbaijan Republic);
2) the principle of the differentiated and integrated approach (planning and coordinate implementation in the Azerbaijan Republic of actions for civil defense taking into account strategic, economic and other features of separate zones, the cities, subjects to production and social appointment);
3) principle of mass character and obligation (scope actions for civil defense of all population of the Azerbaijan Republic and its binding character);
4) the principle of permanent readiness (system of civil defense of the Azerbaijan Republic in ready state by the immediate and effective beginning of actions during emergencies);
5) the principle of the immediate notification (immediate informing the population of the Azerbaijan Republic on emergencies which can arise or already arose);
6) the principle of interrelation (close and coordinate action of the state bodies and civil defense forces participating in ensuring civil defense).
The solution of tasks of civil defense is provided with planning, timely and high-quality implementation of actions for civil defense.
Actions for civil defense are provided in the relevant regulating documents and plans taking into account strategic and economic value, natural and other features of the territory of the Azerbaijan Republic, its separate zones, the cities, other settlements, subjects to production and social appointment.
Actions for civil defense will be organized in all territory of the Azerbaijan Republic and cover all population which is in this territory.
The amount and content of actions for civil defense are determined on the basis of sufficiency of the existing forces and means, the maximum and their effective use.
For the purpose of the differentiated approach to planning and implementation of actions for civil defense, ensuring effective protection of the territory and the population, the territory of the Azerbaijan Republic is subdivided on civil defense into zones, groups of the cities, and economic objects on category.
The procedure for the organization and implementation of actions for civil defense, zones, groups of the cities and category of economic objects for civil defense are determined by relevant organ of the executive authority of the Azerbaijan Republic.
The purpose of civil defense consists:
1) in implementation of preventive actions for the purpose of prevention of emergencies;
2) in perhaps maximum reduction of damage and losses in case of emergencies;
3) liquidations of emergencies and their effects.
The state in the field of civil defense shall:
1) to determine and perform state policy, including single scientific and technical policy;
2) to determine legal and economic regulations, to adopt necessary regulatory legal acts on ensuring protection of the population and the territory from emergencies and to control their execution;
3) to adopt appropriate programs and plans for the country and its territorial units and to perform necessary measures for ensuring their accomplishment;
4) to determine zones, groups of the cities and objects of categories of economic objects for civil defense;
5) to direct system of civil defense, to determine structure, structure of system of civil defense, relation of her participants, procedure financial and material logistics, and also to timely solve problems, concerning them;
6) to allocate funds from the government budget for civil defense and, in addition to it, to create funds of civil defense, to provide purposeful and correct use of means from these sources;
7) to create reserves of material and financial resources for mitigation of consequences of emergencies;
8) to exercise the state control and examination in the field of protection of the population and the territory against emergencies;
9) to organize and perform training for civil defense;
10) to train the population in rules and remedies from emergencies in peace time or during war;
11) to organize training of the population in measures for civil defense, to provide the population with individual and collective remedies;
12) to provide observance of the requirements connected with civil defense during the designing, construction, capital repairs and operation of the companies and other objects;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.