of December 15, 1998 No. 590-IQ
About natural monopolies
This law determines the organizational and legal basis of state regulation connected with natural monopolies in the Azerbaijan Republic and is aimed at providing balance of interests of subjects of natural monopolies and consumers.
This law governs the relations arising in the markets of products, works, services (further - goods) in which subjects of natural monopoly, consumers, relevant organs of the executive authority and local self-government participate.
Provisions of this law do not extend to field of activity of subjects of the natural monopolies which are not relating to natural monopolies, except as specified, provided by this law.
The legislation on natural monopolies consists of the Constitution of the Azerbaijan Republic, this law, the Law of the Azerbaijan Republic "About anti-monopoly activities" and other regulatory legal acts.
The concepts used in this law have the following values:
* the natural monopoly - condition of the goods market in case of which the satisfaction of demand is more effective in the conditions of lack of the competition owing to technology features of production and made (implemented) subjects of monopoly goods cannot be replaced in case of consumption with other goods.
* the subject of natural monopoly - the business entity who is engaged in production (realization) of goods in the conditions of natural monopoly;
* the consumer - the physical person or legal entity acquiring made (implemented) subject of natural monopoly goods.
1. Treat fields of activity of subjects of natural monopolies:
1.1. Oil transportation and oil products on bulk distribution lines;
1.2. Transportation services of natural gas on pipelines, its storage and distribution;
1.3. Services in transfer and distribution of electrical and heat energy;
1.4. Services in operation of the main and local railway tracks, road constructions and structures, traffic control and traffic safety, railway stations and passenger stations.
1.5. Services of the airports, operation of the airports, runways and constructions, aviation and aeronautical servicing of aircrafts;
1.6. Road maintenance, tunnels and stations of the subway, activities for traffic control and for traffic safety;
1.7. Services of water ports, operation of port installations, activities for transportation of goods and safety of navigation;
1.8. Services in electric and mail service, being in general use, activities for operation and control for transferring and accepting radio - and television stations, high-voltage installations;
1.9. Operation of the main constructions on water purification, bulk distribution lines, system of water supply systems and the installations mounted on them on pressure and regulation;
1.10. Aeration, operation of the station of mechanical clarification, pumping, main and rain collectors in sewer economy and operation of sewer lines;
1.11. Operation of the water storage basins, channels, collectors, pipelines and dikes relating to melioration and irrigation;
1.12. Services in heat supply.
2. In case of emergence in the fields of activity of competitors listed in the 1st part of this Article to the available business entities, the subjects performing activities in the conditions of the competition are not considered as the subject of natural monopoly and this law does not extend to them.
3. The list of subjects of natural monopoly is established by relevant organ of the executive authority.
1. Regulation of activities of subjects of natural monopoly is performed by relevant organs of the executive authority (further - the bodies regulating natural monopolies).
2. For the purpose of regulation of activities of subjects of natural monopoly the following methods can be applied:
2.1. Price regulation (rates) for goods;
2.2. Determination of consumers to which services shall be without fail rendered, and (or) in cases when subjects of natural monopoly have no opportunity to satisfy in full requests of consumers for goods, determination of the minimum level of their providing with these goods;
2.3. Ensuring reduction of production volume (realization) of goods in compliance with the indicators established according to requirements of this law.
3. The bodies regulating natural monopolies can apply according to the legislation and other methods.
The bodies regulating natural monopolies make the decision on application of methods of regulation specifically on separately taken subject of natural monopoly taking into account the stimulating role of such regulation in improvement of quality of the made or implemented goods and satisfaction of demand for these goods. In this case it is determined, costs are how reasonable, and the following is considered:
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.