of April 7, 2009 No. 119
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on February 13, 2009
This Law determines legal, economic, social and organizational basis of development of activities in the field of culture, governs the public relations during creation, distribution, preserving and use of values of culture for the purpose of ensuring freedom of creativity, development and support of professional and amateur activity in the field of culture.
Culture - set of the material and cultural wealth created by mankind and characterizing certain level of development of society.
Art - the art creativity including literature, architecture, sculpture, painting, graphics, arts and crafts, music, dance, theater, cinema and other kinds of human activities combined as art and figurative forms of reflection of reality.
Activities in the field of culture - the activities directed to preserving, creation, distribution and use of cultural values and provision of the cultural benefits.
Cultural values - the moral and esthetic ideals, regulations and examples of behavior, languages and dialects, national traditions and customs, historical toponyms, folklore, art crafts and crafts, literary works and arts, amateur and folk arts having the historical and cultural importance of the building, construction, objects and technologies unique in the historical and cultural relation of the territory and objects, results and methods of scientific research.
The cultural benefits - the goods and services intended for satisfaction of art and esthetic needs of citizens and society in general.
Cultural level - extent of development of the personality, social groups of national and state communities, civilizations, societies in general as a result of activities for development of the regulations and values of culture developed by mankind.
The creative specialist - physical person which creates or interprets cultural values, considers own creative activities integral part of the life which is recognized or requires recognition.
The cultural worker - the physical person performing the professional activity in cultural institutions and arts.
Cultural heritage of the people of Kyrgyzstan - material and non-material values, significant for preserving and development of national and cultural identity of the people, its contribution to world civilization.
Especially valuable objects of cultural heritage - historical and cultural and natural complexes, architectural complexes and constructions, the organizations of culture, and also other objects representing the material, intellectual and art value of reference or unique nature from the point of view of history, archeology, culture, architecture, science and art.
Folklore - set of the creations based on the traditions of cultural community created and kept by the people of Kyrgyzstan or its separate individuals and recognized as reflection of traditional values, outlook features of nature of art heritage of Kyrgyzstan, its cultural and social originality.
National art crafts - one of forms of amateur and folk arts, production of folklore art products.
Historical and cultural monuments - objects of cultural property: constructions, memorable places and objects connected with historical events in the life of people, development of society and state, performing material and spiritual creativity representing historical, scientific, art or other cultural value.
Cultural aspects of development programs - perspectives of social and economic, scientific and technical and other development programs from the point of view of impact of results of their realization on preserving and cultural development, and also influence of the culture on these results.
State policy in the field of culture - set of the purposes, the principles, regulations and events which are held by the state on creation, distribution, preserving and use of cultural values for development of society.
Authorized body in the field of culture (further - authorized body) - the state body of the executive authority enabling the realization of state policy in the field of culture.
The organization (organization) of culture - the legal entity, irrespective of form of business which core activity are the activities directed to creation, preserving, development, distribution and protection of cultural values, provision of the cultural benefits to the population.
The creative union - the public association of professional cultural figures of one or several genres of culture created on the basis of their individual membership.
If the international treaty ratified by the Kyrgyz Republic establishes other rules, than those which contain in this Law then are applied rules of the international treaty.
This Law regulates activities of the sphere of culture in the following areas:
- historical and cultural heritage of the people of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- fiction, cinematography, fine, scenic, musical and circus art, architecture and design, photoart, other types and genres of art;
- national art crafts, folklore;
- amateur (amateur) art creativity;
- museum case and collecting;
- library, archiving;
- television, radio and other audiovisual means in the part concerning creation and distribution of cultural values;
- esthetic education and art education;
- international cultural exchange;
- holding tours of on-stage performance groups;
- other, the activities which are not prohibited by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic directed to creation, preserving, distribution and use of cultural values.
The basic principles of state policy in the field of culture are:
- recognition of culture as one of fundamental factors of spiritual development, moral education of the people of Kyrgyzstan;
- preserving and enhancement of historical and cultural heritages of the people of Kyrgyzstan and ensuring succession of their development;
- preserving integrity of national culture in world space and enrichment by its achievements of different cultures;
- freedom of creative activities;
- equal rights and opportunities of citizens in creation, use and distribution of cultural values;
- creation of the legal basis for cooperation with other countries and the people in the field of culture;
- combination of the state and public concerns in cultural development;
- state support of culture and art;
- providing and protection of the rights of citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic to implementation of activities in the field of culture and participation in cultural life;
- freedom of consolidation in the creative unions, other public associations according to the procedure, established by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The main objectives of this Law are:
- providing and protection of constitutional right of citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic on access to cultural values;
- creation of conditions for preserving, revival and development of national art crafts and folklore;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.