of December 11, 1998 No. 585-IG
About the state protection of persons who are involved in criminal trial
This law determines the system of measures providing safety and social protection of the victims, witnesses on criminal case and other persons who are involved in criminal trial.
The security measures determined by this law are applied if it is impossible to ensure safety of the above-stated persons other means.
The legislation on providing with the state protection of protected persons consists of the Constitution of the Azerbaijan Republic, this law and other legal acts of the Azerbaijan Republic.
Person on whom authorized state bodies make the decision on application to it of security measures is called the protected person.
Following belong to protected persons:
1. The person who reported in law enforcement agencies about crime or participating in identification, prevention or disclosure of crime;
2) Person which was injured on criminal case, his legal representative and the representative, the special prosecutor and his representative;
3) the Suspected or accused person, their defenders and representatives;
4) Civil claimant, civil defendant, their legal representatives and representatives;
6. Expert, specialist, translator and witnesses.
Security measures can be applied also to close relatives of protected persons in cases of rendering impact on these close relatives for the purpose of rendering pressure on protected persons.
Safety of persons provided in article 3 of this law consists of carrying out legal, organizational and technical and other measures by authorized state bodies for the purpose of protection of life, health and property of these persons.
Safety of protected persons is performed on the basis of legality of the security measures determined by this law, respect of rights and freedoms of man and citizen, obligations of the body applying security measures and protected persons.
The bodies ensuring safety are following:
1. Organa, made the decision on application of security measures;
2. The bodies performing security measures on the basis of this decision.
The decision on application of security measures is made on protected persons by the body performing criminal procedure according to the procedure, established by the criminal procedure legislation of the Azerbaijan Republic. Implementation of security measures concerning the protected person is entrusted by this decision to relevant organs of the executive authority.
There are security measures of the following types:
1. Protection of the protected person, its apartment and property;
2. Issue to the protected person of special individual remedies, its warning of the existing danger;
3. Temporary accommodation of the protected person in the safe place;
4. Respect for privacy of data on the protected person;
5. Transfer of the protected person to other work, change of the place of its work or study, its resettlement to other residence;
6. Change of documents of the protected person and its appearance;
7. Carrying out according to the procedure, determined by the legislation, the closed judicial session in cases of participation in it of the protected person.
Rules of application of security measures are determined by this law and other legal acts of the Azerbaijan Republic.
In necessary cases the bodies ensuring safety apply security measures to bodyguard of protected persons, to protection of their apartment and property.
With the consent of protected persons of their apartment and property can be supplied with means of fire safety and the alarm system, numbers of phones used by them and signs of state registration of vehicles can be changed.
In case of existence of real threat of life and to health of protected persons according to the legislation of the Azerbaijan Republic can be issued to them office or civil weapon and besides they shall be warned about danger.
In necessary cases the protected persons which reached age of majority from their consent, and persons which did not reach age of majority with the consent of parents or their legal representatives, can be temporarily placed in the safe place.
According to the decision of the bodies ensuring safety, service desk of automatic telephone communication, passport and visa service or other relevant service desks it can be temporary or issue of information on the place of residence or any other data on protected persons is constantly forbidden.
In exceptional cases in connection with execution of another criminal case or civil case such data can be according to the procedure, stipulated by the legislation the Azerbaijan Republic, are provided to bodies of pretrial investigation or to court.
According to the address or with the consent of protected persons these persons temporarily or can be constantly transferred to other work or are moved to other residence, their place of employment or studies can be changed.
The specified measures shall be performed without violation of housing, labor, pension and other laws of protected persons.
Behind persons which are temporarily moved to other residence the living space which is in their property or being the place of their permanent residence remains.
In case of impossibility of safety of protected persons other measures, based on their consent in exceptional cases the document proving their identity with the changed biographical particulars, and other documents can be issued to them, and also their appearance can be changed.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.