of June 18, 1999 No. 643
About procedure for approbation and branding of products from precious metals
According to the Federal Law "About Precious Metals and Gemstones" and for the purpose of consumer protection of jewelry and other household products from precious metals, the rights of manufacturers of these products from unfair competition, and also for the purpose of protection of interests of the state the Government of the Russian Federation decides:
1. Determine that all jewelry and other household products produced in the territory of the Russian Federation from precious metals, and also the specified products imported on the territory of the Russian Federation for sale shall correspond to the tests determined by this resolution and to be branded by the state assay brand.
The state assay brand the products made of precious metals and their alloys with use of different types of art processing, with inserts from precious, semiprecious, ornamental and color stones, other materials of natural or artificial origin or without them, the memorable, anniversary and other signs and medals applied as different jewelry, household items and cult and/or to the decorative purposes, accomplishment of different rituals and ceremonies, and also made of precious metals, except the commemorative coins which underwent issue and the state awards which statute is determined in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation are subject to branding.
2. Approbation and branding of jewelry and other household products from precious metals in the Russian Federation is performed by the Russian state assay chamber under the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation formed according to the order of the Government of the Russian Federation of February 2, 1998 N 106.
3. Jewelry and other household products from precious metals are represented on approbation and branding by their manufacturer, and imported on the territory of the Russian Federation for sale the specified products - the organization or the individual entrepreneur performing import of these products.
4. Advantage of alloy of which products are made is determined by the test showing quantity of mass parts of precious metal in one thousand mass parts of alloy.
5. Rules of branding, procedure for carrying out other works connected with it, signs of the state assay brands, and also instructions and methodical instructions for carrying out approbation, sampling and analyses affirm the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation.
6. The branding of jewelry and other household products from the precious metals of foreign production imported on the territory of the Russian Federation is performed only in case of presentation of the conclusion of the Russian customs authorities about payment of all customs payments issued according to regulations of the State Customs Committee of the Russian Federation.
7. The decision on approbation and branding of the products which did not pass complete production cycle is accepted according to the procedure, established by the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation.
8. In the Russian Federation for jewelry and other household products from precious metals the following tests are established:
platinum 950 (nine hundred fiftieth)
platinum 900 (nine-hundredth)
platinum 850 (eight hundred fiftieth)
gold 999 (nine hundred ninety ninth)
gold 958 (nine hundred fifty eighth)
gold 750 (seven hundred fiftieth)
gold 585 (five hundred eighty fifth)
gold 500 (five-hundredth)
gold 375 (three hundred seventy fifth)
silver 999 (nine hundred ninety ninth)
silver 960 (nine hundred sixtieth)
silver 925 (nine hundred twenty fifth)
silver 875 (eight hundred seventy fifth)
silver 830 (eight hundred thirtieth)
silver 800 (eight-hundredth)
palladic 850 (eight hundred fiftieth)
palladic 500 (five-hundredth).
9. Production of products from gold of 583rd test by orders of citizens from the jewelry and other household products belonging to them from gold of this test is allowed.
In the territory of the Russian Federation are in use and the jewelry and other household products from precious metals made and kleymenny according to the procedure operating before approval of this resolution are implemented earlier.
If necessary the rebranding of the products which passed branding before introduction of metric system of measures is made according to this resolution.
10. Production or sale of jewelry and other household products from the precious metals which are not corresponding to any of the established tests is not allowed.
The jewelry and other household products from precious metals including imported into the Russian Federation for sale, having test lower than one of the tests established by this resolution for the corresponding precious metal shall be branded on the next lower established test. The products having test below the established minimum test are not subject to branding and realization as products from precious metals.
11. The solders applied in case of the soldering of jewelry and other household products from precious metals shall be made on the basis of the same precious metals, as alloys of which products are made.
Solders for jewelry and other household products from gold and platinum shall have the same test, as the main alloy. Solder for jewelry and other household products from silver shall have test not lower than 650.
Use of the special solder which is not containing precious metals for the soldering of the chains produced on automatic machines, on condition of ensuring test of the specified chains within the established tests is allowed.
12. Jewelry and other household products from precious metals shall not contain the parts made of non-noble metals, except for:
mechanisms of hours, lighters and similar products which cannot be manufactured of precious metals for technical reasons;
edges of knives, screw parts of corkscrews and similar parts of products which cannot be made of precious metals;
axes of hinges;
pins of brooches and similar products.
13. Use of nonmetallic parts (inserts, enamel, common people) in jewelry and other household products from precious metals is allowed provided that by the form they accurately differ from precious metals. These parts shall not have coverings or colors reminding precious metals. Filling with nonmetallic materials of handles of knives, forks and other tableware in the quantities necessary for their fixing is allowed, in other cases filling of cavities in products is not allowed by nonmetallic materials.
14. The manufacturers located in the territory of the Russian Federation show jewelry and other household products from precious metals for approbation and branding without parts from nonmetallic materials (inserts); with inserts the specified products are shown by them in exceptional cases.
15. It is allowed to cover with rhodium layer jewelry and other household products from alloys of white gold, silver or platinum provided that these products are branded as gold, silver or platinum respectively. It is allowed to cover with gold layer jewelry and other household products from silver. The specified products are branded as silver.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.