of March 7, 2002 No. ZR-304
About local referendum
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on February 6, 2002
The local referendum is vote of inhabitants of this community on important issues of communal value.
1. The local referendum is held on the basis of general, equal, direct suffrage. For each question raised on local referendum, each participant of referendum has the right of one voice.
2. Participation in local referendum free. Control over expression of will of participants of referendum is forbidden.
1. In local referendum persons having the right to choose on elections of local government bodies under the Electoral code of the Republic of Armenia have the participation right.
The legislation on local referendum consists of the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, this Law, the Laws of the Republic of Armenia "About local self-government", "About local self-government in the city of Yerevan", the Electoral code of the Republic of Armenia and other legal acts.
1. The questions carried by the Constitution and the laws to competence of local government bodies and also the questions provided by the law can be submitted for local referendum.
2. Cannot be submitted for local referendum:
a) the questions which are directly carried by the Constitution or the law to exclusive competence of local government bodies;
b) the questions concerning the rights, freedoms and obligations of man and citizen, cancellation or restriction of the constitutional guarantees providing their implementation;
c) the questions concerning the provisions delegated by state bodies to local government bodies;
d) the questions concerning forming of the office of the head of municipality;
e) the questions concerning acceptance or change of the local authority budget, and also accomplishment or change of financial liabilities of municipality;
e) questions of property acquisition of municipality;
g) questions of acceptance of emergency and urgent measures on ensuring health and safety of the population;
h) questions of harming monuments history, cultures, nature and to reserves.
3. The question submitted for local referendum shall be formulated so that on it it was possible to give definite answer.
1. The local referendum cannot be held during warlike and emergency state in the territory of this community, and also in two-month time after elimination of warlike and emergency state.
2. The repeated local referendum on the same question or on question with identical content can be held not earlier than in one year from the date of official publication of results of local referendum on the matter.
3. The decision accepted by the head of municipality or local government board on the question which is subject to removal at local referendum cannot be the circumstance excluding holding local referendum after it to question, except for case, stipulated in Item the 7th article 11 of this Law.
4. Other circumstances excluding holding local referendum can be established only by the law.
1. Persons having the participation right in this referendum and also local government board and the head of this municipality have the right of initiative of holding local referendum.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.