of January 22, 2009 No. 48
About results of social and economic development of the Republic of Tajikistan in 2008 and tasks for 2009
The economy of the Republic of Tajikistan in 2008, despite world financial and economic, energy and food crises, in general developed rather steadily and steadily. Process of consecutive carrying out economic and structural reforms, creations of more favorable climate for attraction of foreign investments and private sector development continued.
Implementation of fundamental documents of social and economic development of the state - the National strategy of development for the Republic of Tajikistan till 2015 and the Strategy of decrease in poverty in the Republic of Tajikistan for 2007-2009 allowed to reduce by the period considerably the level of poverty and to continue process of improvement of quality and level of living of the population of the republic. Level of poverty of the population in the country decreased from 64 percent in 2003 to 53 percent in 2008.
In the expired year the gross internal product of the republic increased in comparison with previous year by 7,9 of percent and constituted 17609, 3 million somoni.
To landowners of the republic, despite the difficulties connected with lack of water, invasion of agricultural wreckers and lack of financial resources it was succeeded to increase production of number of types of agricultural products that allowed to receive amount of gross output in the amount 7807, of 3 million somoni and it in comparison with previous year is 7,9 percent more.
The total amount of investments into fixed capital at the expense of all sources of financing developed at the level 4033, of 6 million somoni and grew against 2007 in time 1,6.
Further development was gained by spheres of construction and architecture, services and communications and surpluses of amounts in industries of transport, communication, retail trade and paid services are received.
Foreign economic relations of the republic in 2008 were rather actively performed, both with the CIS countries, and with foreign countries. The amount of foreign trade turnover increased by 13,3 of percent and made 4549, 6 million US dollars. Inflation for 2008 constituted 11,8 of percent.
The revenues of the Government budget are executed for 106 percent (30 percent to GDP).
Account part of the Government budget in 2008 is executed on 96, percent (percent 28,3 to GDP) therefore the budget surplus (at the expense of current incomes and expenses) constituted 1,9 of percent to GDP.
Despite positive tendency in development which was observed last year in economy of the republic continue to take place of problem and weak points which slow down process of acceleration of economic growth. Insufficiently intensive development of industries of real production sector strengthens imbalance between production and consumption, export and import of products.
For the purpose of elimination of the available shortcomings, accomplishment of strategic tasks on ensuring energy and food security, country conclusion from communication isolation and acceleration of stable social and economic development of the country in 2009 the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan decides:
1. Approve the enclosed Actions plan, on accomplishment of the installations and orders of the President of the Republic of Tajikistan stated on January 15-16, 2009 at the enlarged meeting of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan about summing up social and economic development of the republic in 2008 and tasks for 2009.
2. To the ministries, the state committees, departments, local executive bodies of the government, and also all business entities irrespective of pattern of ownership to take all necessary measures for remedial action and problems of 2008 and unconditional accomplishment of the programs and orders planned for 2009.
3. To the Ministry of economic development and trade of the Republic of Tajikistan:
- together with the interested ministries and departments to take necessary measures for implementation of the Concept of forming of "Single window" for export-import and transit procedures in the Republic of Tajikistan;
- together with the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Tajikistan, other interested ministries and departments and executive bodies of the government of the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region, areas, the city of Dushanbe, cities and areas to develop the plan of acceptance in initial, professional, average and higher educational institutions for 2009-2010 academic years and until the end of May, 2009 to submit the Governments of the Republic of Tajikistan for consideration;
- together with the State committee of statistics of the Republic of Tajikistan, National Bank of Tajikistan to specify technique of calculation of the rate of inflation, meaning accounting of all types of sales of goods and produktion for the purpose of real and correct determination of structure of inflation;
- together with the Ministry of Energy and Industry of the Republic of Tajikistan and Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan to prepare offers on creation of Fund of implementation of achievements of science and innovations in production and the organizations of the relevant divisions in structures of the ministries, departments and the companies and to submit the Governments of the Republic of Tajikistan for consideration.
4. To the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Tajikistan:
- together with the Tax Committee and Customs Service under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, other interested ministries and departments to take all necessary measures for accomplishment of the Government budget of the Republic of Tajikistan, ensuring receipts of all income types, including tax and non-tax, customs duties and grants;
- together with the interested ministries and departments to organize the working group on review of bylaws according to which additional tax benefits are provided to certain taxpayers, and about results to provide offers until the end of March, 2009 to the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- together with the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of the Republic of Tajikistan to carry out permanent monitoring on activities of the large state enterprises and to provide information on improvement of their financial and economic activity, reduction and non-admission of new external and tax debts by implementation of new control levers;
- within the strategy of national debt management to develop specific actions for attraction of new borrowings for priority industries of economy, to ensuring timely servicing of external and internal public debts;
- for the purpose of ensuring transparency of financial statements and activities of industries of economy to take necessary measures for implementation of international accounting standards for activities of the companies and the organizations and to exercise constant control on the matter.
5. To the Ministry of Energy and Industry of the Republic of Tajikistan:
- until the end of March, 2009 to take measures at first of works on construction of the closed distributing devices of 220 kV on Nureksky hydroelectric power station;
- together with OAHK of "Barka Tochik" to take urgent measures for acceleration of works on recovery of production capacities of Nureksky hydroelectric power station;
- take measures for acceleration of construction of LEP-500 of kV "South-North";
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.